Baseball rantings

Dawn S

Original Poster
Since so many have commented on my change of avatar...I changed to Chipper in honor of his birthday. So as he turned 30, he had me paying tribute to him here & a heck of a great game tonight as well. I, however, got the real treat when Sports South interviewed him post-game. He really is a work of art! Javy Lopez isn't far behind, I might add!

Did anyone else happen to catch tonight's game? I think I scared the neighbors with all the yelling, but it was one of the most exciting games I have seen in a while. Who would have expected it considering that half of the team seems to be bouncing back & forth from the DL?! Now, with the news that Maddux & Glavine could be leaving Atlanta after this season...well, I'm really hoping for a stellar season.

Lance

Chipper used to be one of my favorite players...........I had a lot of his minor league cards, and he did end up being a great player, so thanks to him for making my cards worth something.

I think Ted Turner is a genius, he owns the Braves, and what does he do, he puts them on TBS, so most of the U.S.(people with Basic Cable) can see them. So I think they have kind of become America's Team?

FOR YEARS: the situation up here was the Sox had half their games on a Premium Cable network (NESN), so I never got to see half their games, so I always found myself watching the Braves on TBS.

BUT NOW: for the past two years, AT&T cable has genorously given us NESN as part of basic cable, so I get ALL 162 RED SOX games!!!

So now, I really don't care two hoots about the Braves, and I hope the Mets topple them this year.

Cause as it is now, I got the Mets losing to the Sox in the Series!!!

Dawn S

Original Poster
I was always an Astros fan growing up (Grew up in TX), but I went to go visit a friend in Atlanta once who was a rabis Braves fan. She took me to a few games while I was there because she knew I liked the sport. I actually first started liking the team just based on the fans. The crowd in that stadium floored me. I hadn't personally witnessed that kind of fanfare before, so I just got into it. Before I knew it, I was reading up on the players, collecting Braves memorabilia & absolutely falling in love with the team.

It is great that they have the Ted Turner link, because I usually only get to Atlanta once per season, but I still bought the sports package through the satellite company so I don't miss a single game. The Braves also have that Disney link, ya know? In fact, I usually end up stumbling upon quite a few of them at the parks every year during spring training. They are definitely an accessible team!

Personally, I'd love to see the Yankees & the Braves in the Series again this year. That was a great match-up. The Mets are going to pose some problems for us this year though.:(

Lance

Originally posted by Dawn S
Personally, I'd love to see the Yankees & the Braves in the Series again this year. That was a great match-up.

I think everyone has had enough of the Yankees...........yeah they have a good team, but Giambi looks like a GOON in that uniform! So, I think they fall off this season, end up in 2nd place behind the Sox and contend for the wild card!

The Mom

Premium Member
I hate to say it, but I haven't followed baseball since the days of Tony Conigliaro (sp?)....Lance knows the name. :lookaroun

(however, my son's nickname is Chipper, so I do know who Chipper Jones is!)

DisneyPhD

I'm from the Detroit area. Thank goodness we have the Wings and Pistons. Either of these teams wins more games in a week than the Tigers (or Lions) do in a season.:rolleyes:

Tramp

Originally posted by Dawn S
Since so many have commented on my change of avatar...I changed to Chipper in honor of his birthday. So as he turned 30, he had me paying tribute to him here & a heck of a great game tonight as well.

...I had no idea that was Chipper Jones...I thought that was a new doll in IASW.:brick:

OldKeyWest24

i love chipper! Hes an awsome guy and player! my brother who live in georgia got me hooked on them even though he doesnt like baseball. I LOVE the Mets. and i dont care for the yanks. Im one of these people who likes to be differnt from everyone elseso it gets the mad..lol its fun. and the braves are the best. I cut out chippers pic in people magazine and there was a whole story on him! wata hottie! happy b-day!

susan

Coronado

RANT.....YOU WANT RANT...... Check out what Estiban Yan (Devil Rays did today).....he is the "closer" for the Rays.... He gave up FIVE runs in the nineth...... and gave away a FOUR run lead to LOOSE the game.....You think you got something to complain about>>>> Ha..... Hal McCray couldn't manage ______ wee baseball without screwing up..... Five runs... Holy Cow... or just plain Cow --=rap. CONTRACTION NOW!!!!!!!!! and start with the RAYS!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lance

Originally posted by Coronado
RANT.....YOU WANT RANT...... Check out what Estiban Yan (Devil Rays did today).....he is the "closer" for the Rays.... He gave up FIVE runs in the nineth...... and gave away a FOUR run lead to LOOSE the game.....You think you got something to complain about>>>> Ha..... Hal McCray couldn't manage ______ wee baseball without screwing up..... Five runs... Holy Cow... or just plain Cow --=rap. CONTRACTION NOW!!!!!!!!! and start with the RAYS!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yup........I saw that, you know your team is horrible when Estaban Yan is your closer!

On contraction, I still think the Expos are gone no matter what they do, but the Twins may save themselves. So I guess that leaves the Rays and the Marlins........I really don't care who they contract, I just want Vlad in a Sox Uniform!!!

Attachments

• vlad.gif
    vlad.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 20

TURKEY

Originally posted by Coronado

Sorry, but I don't think you had a four run lead when you only scored 2 runs in the game. :D

The final was 6-2. You ended up getting beat by 4 runs.

Dawn S

Original Poster
After tonight's massacre....er....game....I'm just speechless!! I want Sheffield & Javy back & I'm certainly sick of Albie & Marquis sitting around there, too. I couldn't even watch the whole game. Maybe I didn't pay much attention, but for some reason, I didn't expect Arizona to hit us so hard this year. Call it denial. Gotta give 'em credit. I figure either they're really good, or the Braves really stink & I cannot imagine the latter being true. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom