Band-Aid blister relief?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My hubby and I always get blisters so we decided to try the blister block and it worked like a charm. I did get a tiny blister on my little toe but I did not blister block that toe. We bought the blister pads and we didn't need them for our feet but I got a cut and I used it for a regular bandaid and it was a lot more comfy than a regular bandaid. I will always use blister block at disney now. Actually, used it a couple days ago with a pair of dress shoes that bother my feet and my feet weren't bothered by the shoes. Since people have mentioned the crocs those are also comfy. I finally broke down and bought a pair. I didn't wear them enough in the parks to say whether or not they are good for the parks though.

kstella

I have tried both the blister stick and the blister pads and found the pads to be much more effective. Mole skin works great but can roll up on the edges. Don't bother with regular bandages-they can't withstand a day at WDW. I always wear socks even if I'm wearing my crocs, which I ove but can't wear for long periods of time at WDW because the post from the strap rubs my arch and gives me a blister. The knock-offs that don't have a strap aren't sturdy enough.

St. Germain

Just wear CROCS....no blisters, no sore feet....ever.
Yeah, that's not true actually. The wife and I each took a pair of Crocs to WDW last November. Her feet were sore, but blister free. I however got very large blisters on both feet from the Crocs by day 2. Days 3 and 4 were not fun. Next time I'm going to try Crocs with that Band Aid Blister Block Stick and will take some other sandals/shoes as well to alternate with the Crocs.

teej

I have a really cheap pair of foam purple flip flops....£1.99 I always wear them with no problems...:)....I think I will be trying crocs also next time...thanks for the tip.

danpam1024

Has anyone used the new Band aid blister blocking stick or blister relief pads in Disney? Last time, my BF has a horrible time getting huge, nasty blisters on his feet:hurl: Do these blister blocking sticks help?
Thanks in advance :)

I used the stick and IT DID NOT WORK!!!! I had blisters by the end of the first day:fork: Then my husband bought me a pair of crocs and my feet were in heaven (even though they are ugly)

figmentmom

Crocs are definately a case by case basis sort of shoe - on advice of the boards I took crocs (and crocs only - my bad) as my footwear of choice for my last Disney trip. I ended up with horrible blisters on the bottoms of both feet (ouch! :( )and had to buy a pair of tennis shoes and socks at DTD.

As for the Band Aid blister stick - have used it since and it works great!! :)

I love my Mary Jane crocs - but I wear them with very thin short socks. Without the socks, I get blisters - with them, it's like walking on air. Go figure! :lol:

Crazy4WDW1

I always used to get blisters and what worked the best for me was padding the areas where I know I get blisters with a nicely folder up tissue affixed with medical tape. I do it between my last 2 toes and my first 2 toes.

Very surprisingly I didn't notice the padding all day. I really thought it would bother the heck out of me. Never got a blister the whole trip as oppossed to the year before when I had giant blisters after 1 day. i never understodd how I got blisters as I run 5 miles a day on hills in Pittsburgh. One would think my feet would be used to abuse.

LOL . . . I live above the South Side in Pittsburgh and I don't even like to drive up the hills let alone run them. :ROFLOL:

figmentmom

Yeah, that's not true actually. The wife and I each took a pair of Crocs to WDW last November. Her feet were sore, but blister free. I however got very large blisters on both feet from the Crocs by day 2. Days 3 and 4 were not fun. Next time I'm going to try Crocs with that Band Aid Blister Block Stick and will take some other sandals/shoes as well to alternate with the Crocs.

Try wearing socks with them. ;)

righttrack

My daughters, both of whom are nationally-ranked skaters, use these from time to time, if there is a problem. They are better protection, but really don't do anything to heal the blister. Just some extra cushioning, allbeit, good cushioning. I'd take to heart what others have already said here.

1 pr of running shoes, about a month, broken in. Well fitting, worn with cushioned running socks. Never worn without socks!

1 pr of Crocs or Addidas Massaging sandals, the kind with the little nubs. Also broken in a bit.

Wear good supportive shoes in the 2 weeks prior to your Disney trip. Take good care of your feet before you go. Nothing worse than starting out with foot trouble!

Wear your running shoes with socks when you go out for the day. Usually you'll do the most walking in the 1st half of the day, because your body will slow down towards the end nauturally anyway.

When you return to your room, for an afternoon break TAKE YOUR SHOES/SOCKS OFF! Let them breath. If you are taking it easy at the end of the day, like going to dinner, a few rides/attractions and fireworks or pool, consider wearing your Crocs or sandals. You can just go with the running shoes too. But don't wear the same shoes/socks all day.

If your feet get soaked, on Kali, for example, you need to change shoes/socks. You will blister up.

hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

Between my mom and i we have 13 pairs of crocs. She has feet problems and i just like them. We have 2 pairs of mary janes, 1 pair of athens, and 10 pairs of the beaches in different colors. We took every single pair of them and i took my rainbows. If we came back to the room for a break I would put on the rainbows and walk around and wear them back to the park (if it wasn't raining). My mom never had any problems and neither did I. My granny was 62 the last time we took her and he made her by a pair of crocs before we left and she loved them and wore them every day. She was kicking everyone's butts. And then she decided to by a pair and the world of Disney. Those are the only shoes she ever wears. But even if you are sitting down on a bench to take a rest, or eating, always try to slip your shoes off so your feet can breathe. If your feet are hurting take a break and if you feel a rub, take look at it and take care of it before it gets bad. Its common sense.

sublimesting

LOL . . . I live above the South Side in Pittsburgh and I don't even like to drive up the hills let alone run them. :ROFLOL:

Where do you live, Mt. Washington? We live by St. Claire hospital at the border of Mt. Lebanon and Scott twnshp. in "birdland" St. Claire Heights. My wife is from Ohio and the hills freak her out!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom