'Bamboo' living statue coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom next week

alissafalco

I think its weird, it reminds me of the move Predator. I expect Arnold Schwarzenegger to come out and blow him away.
predator-01_510.jpg
predator-2.jpg

Marc Gil

It looks neat so far. It's good to see that AK is getting some new live, street entertainment. That's something the park was lacking for a while.

gooferz

I'm sorry, but I really don't like this! Don't get me wrong, I love DeVine. I love her because her movements are so fluid and organic. Bamboo on the other hand has some very jerky movements that look very unnatural. I get how that is intended so that it gives him kind of a warrior like look, but for me, it just doesn't work as well as DeVine.

MickeyPeace

I'm all for new characters at AK. But Bamboo....oh Bamboo, you look and move like a camouflaged troop who just escaped from a battlefield. I'm sure you are going to give war vets flashbacks.

'Boo lacks all of the grace, style and movement that Devine has. He/she looks like something Six Flags might attempt in trying to compete with Disney. Maybe this is something that translates better in person.

Suspirian

I didn't watch the video until now. I'm guessing this was his first time slot, because when I saw his second appearance he was moving much MUCH better than that.

Suspirian

Has anyone ever seen De'Vine really scare the crap out of anyone?
It was on some prank show where she did that at DAK...pretty funny.

here's what i was able to get yesterday during his 1:30-2:30 slot...seems fluid to me

In a way, now we have three fantasy creatures in DAK...Yeti, DeVine, and Bamboo

MrsJackSparrow

Thanks for the video, Nothsa. Seriously, it looks like he's pooping. Who on earth is entertained by this? Why would anyone want attractions and their effects to be fully functional when you can have a fake plant on stilts? :arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom