Bahamas Currency

Acolli18

Original Poster
We're departing for our honeymoon on Sept. 5th (!!!!! :D) and were wondering if we would need to have currency converted for the Nassau or if the American $ is accepted? Thanks!

tahqa

Bahamian currency is pegged to the USD so $1 Bahamian is equal to $1 USD. Pretty much any vendor will take US or Bahamian currency, though you may get change back in Bahamian.

jme

I have only ever gotten my change in Bahamian - so my tips is to bring singles and fives - I don't mind getting a few coins but if I have to break a twenty it kind of sucks.

wdwstateofmind

Every port took USD....and if you're buying things from something other than a supermarket remember to never pay the first price offered to you (the Bahamas not so much but sometime you can get them down)...there or at other ports, if there's multiple things you two like give them a price on all of it, you're more likely to get way more for your $$$...

Obviously this doesn't apply to those horrid jewelry things (no offense if anyone does that, I just think it's silly considering the prices aren't that good at all)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom