Bad weather

ebjjst

The weather forecast for our entire trip to Walt Disney World predicts rain (40 to 60%) and isolated thunderstorms. Can anyone tell me if these usually occur during the afternoon, or in the evening? Will the outdoor events, such as the night time parades, be canceled due to the rain? Is there anyway to find out if something has been canceled before we get on a bus and go to one of the parks? :shrug:

The weather forecast for our entire trip to Walt Disney World predicts rain (40 to 60%) and isolated thunderstorms. Can anyone tell me if these usually occur during the afternoon, or in the evening? Will the outdoor events, such as the night time parades, be canceled due to the rain? Is there anyway to find out if something has been canceled before we get on a bus and go to one of the parks? :shrug:

What I have noticed in the past is the storms are in the afternoon and only last an hour or two. I have never seen a parade cancelled for rain, only postponed.

Upvote 0

Mukta

Things aren't usually cancelled for rain, but they are often postponed. I have seen Fantasmic! and Spectromagic after huge rain storms. Once the rain lets up, the show continues.

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
You must be going next week like me! Anyways, be prepared for rain and you will be fine. Do yourself a favor. Get the ponchos that don't button up if you can. Florida rain is just like another poster said. It is like a car wash! When it rains it pours! I find the rain likes to run through the button sections.

Anyways, don't worry about shows being canceled, but do prepare for them to be postpond. Have fun and enjoy the parks.

OH!!!! AND, I bring ziplock bags to keep my cameras in. My backpack leaked once and destroyed my video camera.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Things aren't usually cancelled for rain, but they are often postponed. I have seen Fantasmic! and Spectromagic after huge rain storms. Once the rain lets up, the show continues.

Due to exactly this circumstance, they shows arent cancelled ahead of time. Sorry!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Mikester71

First time we saw Fantasmic during our trip back in 2005, it poured rain through the whole show and to my surprise, hardly anybody left the amphitheater! We ended up staying for the whole show too, and after a while, you almost forgot that you were drenched to the bone. Must be that Disney magic I guess!!! :p

Upvote 0

WDW-Crazy

What I have noticed in the past is the storms are in the afternoon and only last an hour or two. I have never seen a parade cancelled for rain, only postponed.

Same here, except in the past we've never had a rained-out parade. Fireworks and night parades/shows were never a problem either.

Upvote 0

TomDisney

Although it is near the end, it is still the rainy season down here so it is still possible to get the summer thunderstorms that you get during July and August. When you see the 40-50% chance of rain, it is not going to be an all day rain, just a shower or thunderstorm that will only last an hour or two at most. Nice part about the storms this time of year is that it doesn't get super hot and steamy after the storm. Don't worry about it and enjoy your trip! Besides, a rainy day on vacation beats a sunny day in the office anytime! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Rain is the best time at WDW. 90% of the people are related to the Wicked Witch of the West. You can literally walk on most rides.

We were at DHS (then MGM) before RnRC. A typical afternoon down pour happened upon us as we walked to ToT. People scattered. We went on ToT about 20 times before the rain stopped. Go, exit, walk-on, rinse and repeat. We were soaked, had the best time of our lives. Once the rain stopped, it was an hour wait.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Like most people I would say don't worry to much about the weather, we had predictions like that and it turned out to be sunny and gorgeous the entire time. And when it has rained, it hasn't been for to long and it turns out just fine anyway. So go and have a great time and don't worry about the weather.

Upvote 0

fosse76

I wouldn't worry. When I was there two weeks ago, the weather app on my phone showed thunderstorms for every single day of my trip. It rained once. At 11pm. It was bright and sunny during the day each and every day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom