Bad Pirates Experience

jgates

Well, after reading this entire thread I am now stuck in the situation where the only thing I can think of is being stuck in IASW!!!

My biggest concern was also for medical problems. Being a diabetic myself, just because I don't need to eat right now and may not need to eat for another 45 minutes, etc - by the time an hour of waiting has gone by, the park is now emptying out with masses of people, many food stands are now closed for the evening, it could become a serious situation. Yes, I may have something in my purse to keep me from passing out, but I could still be in serious trouble in a situation like that! You were lucky enough to still have had many days there. Other families who have only a few days & have to try to plan it to cover as much as possible may not even have been as fortunate as you.

My expectations would have been that in a situation of that duration, a senior CM from somewhere would have been sent to assist.

Thanks also for the behinds the scenes insights!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Three points from this thread.

1) I know this is a Disney board but bad mouthing Universal doesn’t hide the fact that in many aspects Universal now surpasses what’s on offer at Disney, beware Disney tinted specs.

2) I know some people tend to be suspicious of new posters with negative issues, but where else can someone come to vent or get info other than a place like this, so c’mon keep it calm.

3) None of you people in the former colonies spell properly any way. :eek: And you call things buy wrong names. :animwink:

Gail Hayden

3) None of you people in the former colonies spell properly any way. :eek: And you call things buy wrong names. :animwink:

LOL, well.....well......you all drive on the wrong side of the road. :)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

peter11435

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Three points from this thread.

1) I know this is a Disney board but bad mouthing Universal doesn’t hide the fact that in many aspects Universal now surpasses what’s on offer at Disney, beware Disney tinted specs.

2) I know some people tend to be suspicious of new posters with negative issues, but where else can someone come to vent or get info other than a place like this, so c’mon keep it calm.

I just question the intent of anyone who does out of their way to visit and post on a Disney fan site, just to complain about something. However, that being said, I have nothing against this poster. Nor did I have question his story or his intent.

se8472 said:
I for one would also like to say how sorry I am this has happened. Even thought I’m not a CM over there in Adventure land, I want to assure you that this isn't really the norm.

I think back on the times I have been at Space and I really don't recall anyone being stuck on our ride for almost an hour, but I do see how it’s a lot harder to evac Pirates then it is for Space.

I can say that I have personally been stuck on Splash, in the rain, outside. It did take a good 20 before we could get out of our boat, but I never was angered at any of the CM. I just knew that there are things that can be trained for and then there are some things that can't, and I can only hope that is what happened in this case.

However no matter what, I do encourage you or anyone who has a complaint to go ahead and file it with the right people so that if something did go wrong with how the CM preformed, it can hopefully be addresses.

I know all to well about things you can be trained for and things you can't, you know what you can't be trained for? Microburts....yup those lovely lil florida megastorms...80-90mph winds, horizontal rain, and a lot of thunder and lightning, pretty exciting eh? Try piloting a boat in one lol
:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom