Bad Pirates Experience

PurpleDragon

jmaxwell007 said:
i was about to interject and suggest that we (including I; see my anonomous neg. feedback) have discussed and discussed and i think that everyone is forgetting what tomorrow is..................... Thanksgiving. yeh!

so seriously, lets be thankful of all the things in your life that mean something to you (family, friends, religious stuff, etc etc)

on another note, lets be thankful for the CM's that care, GR CM's that email you back, the doing away with budget cuts in the parks (not completely yet), and for the man who started it all; Walt.

have a wonderful tomorrow. is disney having a nationally televised parade? ive never gotten to watch tv on thanksgiving so i can remember (like a special event or something this year)
Well said!! :sohappy: :sohappy: If I could give out more positive rep today I would give you some. As soon as I can give more out, you'll have some good rep points coming your way bro!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
PurpleDragon said:
Well said!! :sohappy: :sohappy: If I could give out more positive rep today I would give you some. As soon as I can give more out, you'll have some good rep points coming your way bro!

ahhhh, it isnt that big of a deal. i was in a really (rare) bad mood yesterday and this thread really rubbed me the wrong way. i tried to resist because i knew what was going to come over the keyboard wasnt going to be what he wanted to hear, but i guess i needed to let out some frustration (at the expense of thread starter, sorry dude) so, like i said yesterday, bigger picture, turkey is in the oven and the grandmother dressing is on the table.

(if you are southern, lol) and the SWEET TEA is flowing!!!!! :sohappy:

Swfewrmco

jmaxwell007 said:
i was about to interject and suggest that we (including I; see my anonomous neg. feedback) have discussed and discussed and i think that everyone is forgetting what tomorrow is..................... Thanksgiving. yeh!

Have a happy Thanskgiving, jmaxwell007. Be thankful that you get it.

Your brother in anonomous neg. feedback (-13 and counting)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
PurpleDragon said:
Yeeeeaaaaayy!!!:sohappy: I love SWEET TEA, my fellow southerner!!:D

if you ever get over to bham, there is a guy that started a local chain of burger joints and his tea is famous. they started selling it over alabama in the gallon. it is a must try. the name............. MILO'S.

ohhh, look where the thread has gone.......................... sorry for getting way off subject

BigAL

Pirate

I hope to grow up one day and be as mature as you one day dizryan. Do you have any tips on how to become as cool as you.

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
walts son 1971 said:
I would be interested in hearing from someone else who was stuck on the ride who may have seen what happened.Yes they should have announced there was a problem and it maybe a little while.I work for a company that deals with a lot of the public and we have been told to never say you are sorry because that admits blame on the company.There may have been a serious problem and all castmembers where needed in one area,I suggest finding out the full story,remember these rides are ran by college kids
What do you mean "these rides are ran by college kids?" I happen to be a "college kid" and I think this was a disrespectful comment. Not all college students are crazy drunkards who don't care about their jobs...

maxime29

Premium Member
DizkneeBoi said:
What do you mean "these rides are ran by college kids?" I happen to be a "college kid" and I think this was a disrespectful comment. Not all college students are crazy drunkards who don't care about their jobs...

Agreed. While I have seen ones at the park who don't meet up to par with their job, there are a good handful of people from the College Program that will do anything just to work at Disney (I hope to be one of those people next year).

As for the initial intention of the thread, sorry to see that it happened. The chances of the ride malfunctioning like that again (with your party on it) aren't likely to happen. I wouldn't say that would have been my last ride ever on the attraction though. I don't really have an opinion about why a CM didn't notify your group of the situation other than they had higher priorities concerning the attraction. I'm sure there were others on the ride that were wondering the same thing as you were.

MKBurn15

DizkneeBoi said:
Or are they? :drevil:
If you answered no, re-read line 1.

se8472

I for one would also like to say how sorry I am this has happened. Even thought I’m not a CM over there in Adventure land, I want to assure you that this isn't really the norm.

I think back on the times I have been at Space and I really don't recall anyone being stuck on our ride for almost an hour, but I do see how it’s a lot harder to evac Pirates then it is for Space.

I can say that I have personally been stuck on Splash, in the rain, outside. It did take a good 20 before we could get out of our boat, but I never was angered at any of the CM. I just knew that there are things that can be trained for and then there are some things that can't, and I can only hope that is what happened in this case.

However no matter what, I do encourage you or anyone who has a complaint to go ahead and file it with the right people so that if something did go wrong with how the CM preformed, it can hopefully be addresses.

O'Malley

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies, especially from PirateJosh and Pirategirl. :wave:

I relayed my story in such detail because I am a computer programmer/analyst by trade, and I am used to noticing run times, operations, and details.

Personally, whenever we see a "problem" within a Disney park, 99 out of 100 times we are on the side of the CM's! It's amazing how rude and obnoxious some Guests can be.

In fact, just this trip, my wife and I placed our tickets into the Pooh FastPass machines at about 2:00 pm, peak time. There was a 45 minute wait for the ride. We received a "Not A Valid FastPass" ticket. Odd, we hadn't used our tickets all day for FastPass! There was a CM right there talking to two woman, so I waited patiently for his attention. Unfortunately, these two woman were chewing out (actually, I'd call it chomping out) the CM to the point of calling him an idiot. After hearing about a minutes worth of yelling and complaining (the hundreds of people in line for Pooh also heard the women), it was obvious the CM was completely right, and these two woman were completely out of line. They had FastPasses for Splash Mountain, and insisted that since that ride was temporarily down, they should be able to use their unused FastPass on any ride, any time, anywhere in the park, and as many times as they wanted to. The CM told them to go to City Hall.

When the CM addressed us, I joked, "Bad day, huh?", to which he replied, "No sir, I'm fine!" We showed him our invalid passes, and he wrote his name on each ticket and told us we could go on the ride now. I guess he was just happy to meet friendly people after the incident with those two women. That's Disney quality, and that's the type of service we all expect.

On an E-ride night a few years ago, we were loading onto Splash Mountain, and saw a Disney Security Guard with a a family of 4 (the two kids were in their early teens) on the exit side of the logs. While we were waiting to be launched, we heard the mom and dad pleading their case with the Security Guard. They apparently had NO idea this was a "special" night, didn't know anything about wrist bands (that identified E-ride guests), and were upset they were being asked to leave the park. The Disney Guard said sarcastically, "It's 9:30 at night, the park closed at 8:00, and we had reports that you and your family were entering rides using through the exits, and were wearing long sleeve shirts (to cover the fact they did not have a wrist band), and you had NO idea that you weren't supposed to be here? Yeah, right."

I'll bet their kids were proud of what mom and dad were trying to pull, huh? We gave the Security Guard a thumbs up as we went by, and he winked at us.

I have not written to Guest Relations about our Pirates incident, I merely answered their on-line survey. We're simply putting this behind us. I just wondered if anyone on this site happened to be in one of those boats. As for stopping at City Hall after the ordeal, it was difficult. The fireworks had just finished, thousands of people were exiting, and there was a line at City Hall.

Personally, I blame Stitch. He made a mess of the Castle, and I'm guessing he tinkered with a few Pirate mechanicals that night. :animwink:

We were also surprised the soundtrack wasn't turned off sooner. Anything over 30 minutes is enough to make ya crazy when your stuck in a boat. I guess we're glad this didn't happen on "It's A Small World", we'd be in therapy now. :eek:

O'Malley said:
I have not written to Guest Relations about our Pirates incident, I merely answered their on-line survey. We're simply putting this behind us. I just wondered if anyone on this site happened to be in one of those boats. As for stopping at City Hall after the ordeal, it was difficult. The fireworks had just finished, thousands of people were exiting, and there was a line at City Hall.
QUOTE]

Not to stoke the fire or anything, but I thought you said you wife would never ride pirates again? Sounds like you may be putting it behind you, but your wife isn't. I understand it was a very bad experience, but you may not necessarily know what was going on back stage at the time you were "stranded" inside Pirates.

Ariel17

ArchiDanDisney said:
Not to stoke the fire or anything, but I thought you said you wife would never ride pirates again? Sounds like you may be putting it behind you, but your wife isn't. I understand it was a very bad experience, but you may not necessarily know what was going on back stage at the time you were "stranded" inside Pirates.

I'm going with you on this one.

Miss Bell

We got stuck like this once in the "white room" in Small World--close enough to see the exit, but not close enough to do anything about it. While on one hand an experience like this can be irritating, it still is memory my husband and daughter and I share from WDW. I snapped a great picture of them about 20 minutes into sitting through continuous music.

This year when we went, we missed our Small World fix, due to rehab, but we still have our memories of being stuck for 45 minutes.

Missing the fireworks is a pain, too, but if you go back every year, it's disappointing, but not trip destroying. On two seperate trips, we have been rained out of Fantasmic twice on each trip. This happened just this past summer. While I miss seeing it, I know I'll appreciate it even more this summer.

Indy95

I'm sure if they needed help, they would have called in the CMs from Test Track. They sure have lots of experience with evacs. :rolleyes:

NTI2002

I completely forgot to write about this in my other post on this subject,

But what just surprised me abuot teh way that was handled is that YEARS ago i was in the exact same situation.

my boat stopped adjactent to teh treasure room, and we too were stuck for waht seemed liek an eternity. Only back then, a Cast Member was kind enough to come out and talk to us for a moment so we were all happy, and even challenged us to find teh hidden Mickey in the room...

Things really need to start changing in the Disney Co. if somethign like that no longer happens

DizneyPryncess

similar story

This is so weird that this happened to you - my brother and sister in law just got back from Disney and had a similar story.

They were on the Haunted Mansion, at the part where you can see over the balcony into the big ballroom/dining room, when the ride stopped moving. They sat for over 45 minutes with no explanation and no help whatsoever. They started getting freaked, so my brother got out of the cart and looked over the balcony. He said it was cool to see how they made all the ghosts w/mirrors and reflections and whatnot. He said other people started getting out of their carts, and that's when cast members started showing up to help. They had to walk them out of the Haunted Mansion - which was still working, just the carts had stopped. He said it was really creepy to walk through it. They only had a few hours that day to spend at the park and most of it was spent on one ride so they were really upset.

Sorry that a similar thing happened to you too! I've never had that happen to me there, thankfully. I am a big baby, I probably would've been horrified walking through the haunted mansion, haha.

~jamie~

The_CEO

No need to continue the fire in this thread. Thanks PJosh for that really cool post! I liked hearing about the tech aspects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom