bad news for disney = good news for us

dopey

Original Poster
attendance at wdw is down 7 percent so far in the current quarter, which ends june 30, according to the wall street journal.

it is expected to be down about the same in the next quarter.

so, for those of us taking trips down there in the next three months, it won't be as crowded as usual!

a merrill lynch analyst said attendance at wdw could suffer for "three or four quarters."

the analyst didn't say it, but i think that means you might see some discounts or promotional incentives to attract more visitors the park for the next year or as long as the economy remains turbulent.

at the least, it will make it easier to book the resort you want.

jay_london

Just hope Eisner and hais manderines don't decide to increase ticket prices to compensate for lower gate figures or close the parks at 2 in the afternoon to save money:mad:

jay

M

Mr Lightbeer

I think a good cost cutting idea would be to close WDW for one month. Starting next September as this is usually Scumbag Season.;)

Attachments

• samsterrmd.gif
    samsterrmd.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 693

Debbie

In 1985, I went the week after Labor Day and Disney was running a special, Buy four days get one free. Think we'd see something like that again?

Tramp

7 percent down?.......hmmm.....instead of 40,000 people at the Magic Kingdom, there will only be 37,200!

Yep....that'll cut my wait time WAY down!

(what analysts never, ever consider is the possibility that the attendance may have ballooned the last few years, much like our economy, and things are now back in normal mode)

ps/if Disney is worried about 7%, they need to take a look at the average decline in retirement portfolios for the people who visit their parks! :)

jay_london

Oh mr.lightbeer Septmeber is a truly wonderful time at WDW all the little darlings are back to school and the beer swilling northerners have departed, leaving all the lovely people to enjoy themselves

If you fitted into the latter group I would have suggested you try it but I guess it would be like a fish out of water for you;)

jay:rolleyes:

Originally posted by jay_london
Oh mr.lightbeer Septmeber is a truly wonderful time at WDW all the little darlings are back to school and the beer swilling northerners have departed, leaving all the lovely people to enjoy themselves

If you fitted into the latter group I would have suggested you try it but I guess it would be like a fish out of water for you;)

jay:rolleyes:

Oh I don't know... I think I'm sensing some deep-seated envy from Mr. Lightbeer. It's the only reason I can think of that he would be so disparaging of one of the best times of year to go to Disney. ;)

jay_london

Originally posted by figmentcrazy

Oh I don't know... I think I'm sensing some deep-seated envy from Mr. Lightbeer. It's the only reason I can think of that he would be so disparaging of one of the best times of year to go to Disney. ;)

Figment my dear friend you see through his shroud of BS so easily, you are a true friend and I am sure I can count on your vote:)

jay

Dizknee_Phreek

From the horse's mouth

I was in WDW the 10-12 of this month, and attendence was down considerably!! This also meant that the parks closed down a little ealier than I expected, to my disappointment. I'm a night owl and I love it when Magic Kingdom stays open until midnight! Unfortunately, for this trip, the parks closed down between 9-10pm (maybe 10:30pm)
Epcot was darn near abondoned compared to what I'm used to!! Ok, so it wasn't that bad...but I'm used to really big crowds and getting hot and frustrated tring to get from place to place. But this time around, even thougn I was still hot, there was plenty of space to move around!! The line to Test Track looked pretty much the same, but I'm not sure exactly how long it was. I always take the singles line, so it only took me like less than 15 minutes to get through the line. Anyway...just thought I'd report this! :)
~*Amy*~

NowInc

If you ever want to see Disney at its most un-crowded state...go the first week of december. There are so few peolpe there that I never have waited more than 20 minutes on any single ride. Splash mountain, space mountain, test track, kali river, and all the rest would appear to be CLOSED from the outside due to the lack of people on line...its great!

It used to be the summer that was the baren season for the parks, but latley a lot of us floridians are getting our seasonal passes and going more and more often.

TynkerBelle

Wouldn't you think they expected a decline after the Millenium fuss died out?
The next attendance blitz should be Walt's B'Day Bash, complete with a parade (revamped Tapastry of Nations) and a giant Wizard's Hat Pin Station. Is there no end to this pin thing?

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by TynkerBelle
Wouldn't you think they expected a decline after the Millenium fuss died out?
The next attendance blitz should be Walt's B'Day Bash, complete with a parade (revamped Tapastry of Nations) and a giant Wizard's Hat Pin Station. Is there no end to this pin thing?

I dont think the pin trading trend will die off for awhile. Seems like everybody is doing it now.

mej

I was in Florida 8th - 23rd July. Only MK had crowds that were anything like I'd seen before.The other parks were really quiet considering the time of year. No more than a 20 minute wait for anything - it was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom