Bad News for ArchiDan

Invero

My wisdom teeth removal was typical... pain in the , and lots of pain. But then again, I also had Mono, Scarlett Fever, and Strep Throat all at the same time.

But at any rate, when I got home from the oral surgeon, my mother decided that she would be nice, and go get me some ice cream. She returned from the store, and said, "Hey, I got you your FAVORITE flavor of ice cream!! HEATH BAR CRUNCH!!!!"

I was not a happy camper.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
My wisdom teeth removal was typical... pain in the , and lots of pain. But then again, I also had Mono, Scarlett Fever, and Strep Throat all at the same time.

But at any rate, when I got home from the oral surgeon, my mother decided that she would be nice, and go get me some ice cream. She returned from the store, and said, "Hey, I got you your FAVORITE flavor of ice cream!! HEATH BAR CRUNCH!!!!"

I was not a happy camper.

Tyler, you met "The Daughter" a few days after she had her wisdom teeth removed. I think you can vouch for her quick recovery. ;) Interestingly, she had strep throat after she had teeth removed for her braces. (And I put it down to post-op pain for a couple of days!!!) She has remarked that the wisdom teeth were nothing compared to that!

Bagheera

I had mine out about a year and a half ago. Two pulled out, two cut out. I was knocked out for it, due to the cutting, and I woke up feeling a little bit woozy, numb, and sore. I don't remember the ride home, but my wife got me set up on the couch, and I took it easy that afternoon, but I felt just fine by evening.

The next day, I felt pretty much normal, but took the day off work and ate soft stuff just to be safe. Later on, I developed a sore spot on the inside of one of my gums, and little by little, I worked out a small piece of bone that they missed after they broke it up to get it out. I ended up having another fragment pulled out, too. They were a little annoying, but not overly painful compared to the infected root I had before my root canal a number of years ago.

All in all, very little pain, and my mouth felt much better afterwards.

RozFan

My wisdom teeth extraction was not bad at all. I was sedated during the procedure which only took 45 minutes tops for removal of all four teeth. The orthopedic surgeon had to cut down into my gums to remove the teeth so that almost tripled my recovery time from three days to a little over a week. The first couple hours after the surgery I was in pain while I waited for my meds to kick in but after that I made sure I was properly drugged. From then on it was smooth sailing although I resembled Alvin the chipmunk. :lol:

The only thing I worried about were dry sockets. That scared the Mr. Hanky outta me as the doctor said they were VERY painful and everytime you breath it will hurt hella bad.

Whatever you do don't suck or blow on anything! Straws are your enemy!

(minds outta the gutter folks!) :lol:

MicBat

I think the pain is different for everyone... I, personally, have never had them removed but have heard accounts from a few friends of mine... The pain probably relates to the severity (impaction/deepness/etc)... A friend of mine was actually born w/o any wisdom teeth... good luck, though!

Bagheera

Oh, that's right! Don't forget to take your pain meds!!!!!!!!!

They told me to take the first pain pill in the morning before coming in for the extractions, so that it would be in full force by the time that I woke up. Worked well for me!

MouseMadness

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Thats by far the most postive one I have heard thus far. Anyone have any more positive stories like this one lol?

Yeah, it was a piece of cake. The worst part for me was one of the medications they gave me made me nausiated. :( But otherwise, I was not in much pain, and had hardly any swelling. So when is it scheduled, Dan? I'll bring you some sherbet. What is your favorite kind?

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
Originally posted by MouseMadness
Yeah, it was a piece of cake. The worst part for me was one of the medications they gave me made me nausiated. :( But otherwise, I was not in much pain, and had hardly any swelling. So when is it scheduled, Dan? I'll bring you some sherbet. What is your favorite kind?

If it goes through, probably monday or tuesday. Raspberry or Orange sounds real good right about now :lol:

rosie.ca

aww poor thing *hugs* i had to do some dental yanking last month it was ok ,didn't hurt at the time but ached a little a couple days later ... iam sure you'll do just fine :)

MouseMadness

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
If it goes through, probably monday or tuesday. Raspberry or Orange sounds real good right about now :lol:

Just gimme directions... I'll be there with bells on. Or with screaming children. Either way, you'll know it's me! But we must meet before you leave!!

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
Just gimme directions... I'll be there with bells on. Or with screaming children. Either way, you'll know it's me! But we must meet before you leave!!

I will let you know when my next game at redford is...if I am playing that is...:animwink:

ArchiDanDisney

Original Poster
Sounds good! But I'll have to set the sherbet on the ice so it doesn't melt.

Just so happens, I may not get them ripped out due to the hockey fact...i can't afford to miss a game...:)

nikimsu2002

Don't get knocked out completely. All of my friends who had theirs out and got knocked out completely took a long time to get over it. I just had laughing gas and I was back to normal in no time. I was able to work at DTE (a concert venue nearby) the Friday after I got them out (had them out on Monday) and I was back to playing in Marching Band a week later and my dentist told me it'd be a lot longer.

VILLAINSRULE

I had mine out when I was 12, and no problems at all...but a friend of mine had hers out a couple of years ago and she got dry socket.....very painful........so ask your oral surgeon how to avoid dry socket!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom