• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bad News for ArchiDan

ArchiDanDisney

New Member
Original Poster
Turns out I have to get my wisdom teeth ripped from my skull. Even though my dentist previously said I wouldn't have too....it appears as though it will take place. Most likely a week before I leave for the CP. Any suggestions from past victims?
 

NowInc

Well-Known Member
Advertisement
Do you believe in god?
 

WDWspider

New Member
Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Turns out I have to get my wisdom teeth ripped from my skull. Even though my dentist previously said I wouldn't have too....it appears as though it will take place. Most likely a week before I leave for the CP. Any suggestions from past victims?
Well............ no. :lol:

My Jaw bone is sticking out of my gum now. :eek: And the Dentist says that it is fine, to just let him know if it doesn't improve in three weeks. :brick:
 

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Look on the bright side, I work with a guy thats so thick he could do with having some wisdom teeth fitted.:animwink:
 

SpongeScott

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Turns out I have to get my wisdom teeth ripped from my skull. Even though my dentist previously said I wouldn't have too....it appears as though it will take place. Most likely a week before I leave for the CP. Any suggestions from past victims?
Suck it up, ya big baby! :D

Seriously, have someone stay with you the first night in case you have a lot of bleeding. My dad had to sit up with almost all night and change my gauze out. Take a few days off from work too.
 

The Mom

Moderator
Premium Member
My daughter had hers out last summer, and breezed through it with minimal pain and bleeding. Her friends had told her so many horror stories that she was terrified. Although it wasn't a piece of cake, it wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to her, either. ;) I had to keep telling her to lie down and take it easy; she would have gone out that evening if I had let her...her bf came over to visit instead. ;)
 

ArchiDanDisney

New Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by The Mom
My daughter had hers out last summer, and breezed through it with minimal pain and bleeding. Her friends had told her so many horror stories that she was terrified. Although it wasn't a piece of cake, it wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to her, either. ;) I had to keep telling her to lie down and take it easy; she would have gone out that evening if I had let her...her bf came over to visit instead. ;)
Maybe I will be so lucky...maybe my girl will come over and wait on me before I leave for florida.Thanks for comforting yet another one of us...
 

WDWspider

New Member
BTW, the Jaw bone sticking out of my gum was from having my wisdom teeth removed last month, as the gums are growing back together they pulled tightly over the jawbone and it just ripped out. :(

But for the bright side, the removal went over very smooth and easy. It didn't really hurt at all.
 
Great thread......I have to get mine taken out too....I think the horror stories are of what things use to be.......things have greatly improved...for example...i just had a root canal...I was told how horrible this was....it was the best experience I ever had at the dentist...all depends who you got to as well. I have 4 wisdom teeth to get rid of, so I feel your pain (I hope not literally).
 

ArchiDanDisney

New Member
Original Poster
Everyone tells me different things. Some people say they feel no pain at all. Others say it was the worst thing they ever experienced...but I don't really think it can possibly be that bad...
 

Coree

Well-Known Member
I had all four removed and it wasn't too bad. The first night I was kind of out of it, but the pain wasn't bad at all. Hope it all goes smoothly!
 

jojoyner55

New Member
Not to play can you top this, But...
I had mine out in the middle of the Indian Ocean onboard USS Enterprise! We were deployed, and had hit a quiet patch in operations, so I could afford to be off the watch bill for a few days. I tried to go back to work too soon. Take it easy after the extraction! Remember, it is surgery!
 

ArchiDanDisney

New Member
Original Poster
But how did it all work out for you. It appears as though most people, are having better experiences than bad...I just hope everything works out well...
 

Maria

New Member
Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Turns out I have to get my wisdom teeth ripped from my skull.
You make it sound sooo dramatic! :lol: "ripped from my skull" not "removed"! :lol:

You´ll survive! :animwink:

I only have two of them... the upper two never came out (at least not yet) :p
 

ArchiDanDisney

New Member
Original Poster
Re: Re: Bad News for ArchiDan

Originally posted by Maria
You make it sound sooo dramatic! :lol: "ripped from my skull" not "removed"! :lol:

You´ll survive! :animwink:

I only have two of them... the upper two never came out (at least not yet) :p

and I bet it hurt:lol:
 

DisneyCP2000

Well-Known Member
I actually had fun when they took out my wisdom (4) teeth :lol:.
I was knocked out when the dentist stuck an IV in my arm. It was the very weird, yet cool. I was SO relieved that I wasn't awake cause all the cracking and cutting would have stressed me out.

After all was done, I was a bit groggy & swollen but managed. I slept it off for a couple of hours and everything was fine after that. Yay. I was out and about that night, but I wasn't the driver. Just make sure you take your medications and all will be fine. :D
 

ArchiDanDisney

New Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I actually had fun when they took out my wisdom (4) teeth :lol:.
I was knocked out when the dentist stuck an IV in my arm. It was the very weird, yet cool. I was SO relieved that I wasn't awake cause all the cracking and cutting would have stressed me out.

After all was done, I was a bit groggy & swollen but managed. I slept it off for a couple of hours and everything was fine after that. Yay. I was out and about that night, but I wasn't the driver. Just make sure you take your medications and all will be fine. :D
Thats by far the most postive one I have heard thus far. Anyone have any more positive stories like this one lol?
 
Top Bottom