Backstage Tour

brisem

Original Poster
Is it true that the ackstage Tour is shutting down as of 12/30
sorry meant Backlot Tour

LongballMG

There was no advisory posted on the Cast Portal.

Also, I have several close friends who still work at the backlot tour and they are all reporting to work tomorrow.

TLS

While I hate seeing any attraction close.....this one has been pretty lame for quite some time.

Nothing like the US Hollywood backlot tour.

tractorm3

i would def be displeased if that one closed. its one of the reasons i go to mgm, excuse me Disney Studios. haha. Although i do remeber it has a much longer route to run with a lot more props than are there now but it mite of been redone since LMM opened and took up a whole lot of room

This one definitely needs to close down for a refurbishment. Its not even half of what the old tour used to be.

And while they are at it they can do something with Sounds Dangerous.

Pabgo

Actually, they are doing something with Sounds Dangerous. It's closed and we don't know what they're going to do.

Fun2BFree

Actually, they are doing something with Sounds Dangerous. It's closed and we don't know what they're going to do.

That's actually the ABC Theater, which is where Doug Live used to be held. On the other hand, Sounds Dangerous is hosted in a connecting soundstage, the ABC Sound Studios, where the Monster Sound Show used to be presented.

CBOMB

Actually there is a rumor going around that the backlot tour will close. There also is a rumor that it be will replaced with a cars attraction. However it has not been given the greenlight yet. I will try to find where I read the information, and post a link. I'm almost positive that it came from laughingplace.com, but I can't say for sure. They have some very reliable sources over there. Spirit of 74, and leemac to name just a couple. However I do not want to say either of them said it until I can find a post.

tractorm3

Cars attraction you say? thats horrible. im starting to doubt the disney imagineers and what they actually do. Im pretty sure most on the new rides have all coem from movies or been redome for movies. The pirates ride, Buzz lightyear, Stiches great escape, toy story mania, nemo, and now we can add cars to the list. The only one i actually like out of all those was the pirates ride but that was an e-ticket before the movie came out. All of the other hit rides like test track and spalsh Mt, Thunder Mt were all thought of from people dreaming ( im pretty sure) .

The only one i actually like out of all those was the pirates ride but that was an e-ticket before the movie came out. All of the other hit rides like test track and spalsh Mt, Thunder Mt were all thought of from people dreaming ( im pretty sure) .

Actually... Splash mountain was a attraction twist of the movie 'song of the south' but I can see your point. Mission Space and Everest are the lastest e-ticket attractions to be 'dreamed up' by Imagineering but these attractions won't sell alot t-shirts or merchandise compared to Disney/Pixar hits. WDW dosn't have a cars attraction so expect there to be one eventually if not very soon.

WDWFanatic

Wow i remember when the tour started by the animation dept. and you stood in the long line watching goldie hawn and rick moranis talk about the tour on the tvs then got on the tram, saw the houses, dipmobile, ny street when it used to be closed off to people, the canyon and then you took the walking portion and actually saw some production. wheel of fortune, mm club, i think i remember some show similar to xena, from the earth to the moon was filmed there. Then the lottery ticket movie w/ bette midler and the giant bee bluescreen demo. Those were the days. So sad now

Anyone remember that US had one also that was really lame. They actually drove thru the streets of the park! you saw maybe 5 mins of actual stages and backlot. I think it lasted a year?

RNRguy

This one definitely needs to close down for a refurbishment. Its not even half of what the old tour used to be.

And while they are at it they can do something with Sounds Dangerous.

okay wow , was about to say thats not right , bc we went in oct. and it was open even went on it. i thnk your mistaken the sound dangous theather with the abc theather they do look alike!

jedijake45

I personally dont see the point of having a backlot tour, since the Disney Hollywood Studios is now just a theme park, not a working Film/Television studios anymore

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom