backpacks

ekorey

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to whether a backpack or a hipsack would be best for Disney. Any recommendations?

Cecil

A lightbackpack yes great a must for me. But dont put heavy stuff in it, only stuff you're gaurentted going to need or suv. you'll put in it.

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

I am a backpack person myself- but it's a smaller backpack and pretty lightweight. Then again, I also have a stroller that I can put it in :) I tend to have my wallet, my passporter (a planner for WDW), sunblock, camera, kid's autograph books, pens, hand sanitizer, baby wipes, and other misc. items.

Upvote 0

ekorey

Original Poster
thanks aurora....looking at your list of what you carry, seems like I'd be better off with a backpack myself..... 3 kids ages 9, 6 and 6.

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

ekorey said:
thanks aurora....looking at your list of what you carry, seems like I'd be better off with a backpack myself..... 3 kids ages 9, 6 and 6.
To me a backpack is much better- I also make my kid's autograph books before we leave so they are a bit bigger than the ones you buy at Disney....
Plus if you get smaller gift items, you can put them in the backpack and not worry about it :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I run with a hip sack but it is only just me I need to worry about. All I carry is my room key, money, pass, chapstick, a pen and small note pad to write down various things. If you are talking anything more than that a backpack might be a better idea!!! Belle

Upvote 0

popkid

Small backpack for me is a must at Disney. I use a Camelback (cloud trekker I beleive) with the bladder removed. It's small, comfy, and can take what the day throws at it (water bottles, camera batteries, sweater, and souvineers).

Upvote 0

Hurricane

I was lucky enought o happen upon an eddie bauer camel back at target a few years ago. it is a small backpack with great shoulder support (and a waist strap to keep the bag secure) as well as a 1.5 liter camelback drinking compartment. I would highly recomend something like this. I have a tendency to get dehydrated at the parks and get a headache, but when I go with this pack I get enough water. Look into a camelback, you can fill it with ice or drinking water bough off property (in gallon jugs for ~$1 a gallon).

Upvote 0

brich

My wife and I both carry hip packs. Hers has a few things for the kids, like sunscreen and hand wipes. A couple diapers. Mine is a tad bigger. In mine is my video camera, my little digital camera, extra batteries, video cassettes, memory cards. I find the hip packs easier to carry and less of a problem on rides. Just what I like... :)

Upvote 0

Raven66

I carry a camera bag and I also put snacks in it. My DH wear the hip bag with the autograph book, sunscreen and stuff like that. We did try a back pack one year and it was just too much.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We use the small drawstring backpack, it works best for us. You can carry what you need and they don't get in the way on the rides.

Upvote 0

ekorey

Original Poster
I'm so glad I posted this question. I never heard of the camelbak backpack system before. Now that I've researched them it seems to be the way to go since we will be there in August and I have a tendencey to dehydrate quickly! Thank you for all of your suggestions

Upvote 0

WDWCP

Aurora_25 said:
I am a backpack person myself- but it's a smaller backpack and pretty lightweight. Then again, I also have a stroller that I can put it in :) I tend to have my wallet, my passporter (a planner for WDW), sunblock, camera, kid's autograph books, pens, hand sanitizer, baby wipes, and other misc. items.

Aurora,
PLEASE don't put your wallet in a backpack! I've known too many people that have had their backpacks misplaced or worse, stolen!

What a rotten turn of events for anyone's vacation!

Upvote 0

popkid

I will say, sling bags make life in the parks (boarding attractions, and getting to your stuff on the move) a tad easier.

I use slings for my camera, so I always have quick access to it, and i can keep it on (sling it to the front) on about 99.9% of attractions.

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

WDWCP said:
Aurora,
PLEASE don't put your wallet in a backpack! I've known too many people that have had their backpacks misplaced or worse, stolen!

What a rotten turn of events for anyone's vacation!
Let me just say it's not a huge backpack in the least...There really is hardly ever anything in my wallet honestly....My DH carries all the money and the credit cards...LOL- I understand that it is not the smartest idea to put stuff in a backpack, but I normally carry something with me at all times and I have never misplaced a backpack once (I have been to Disney over 20 times and each of those I had a backpack with me- I don't leave it in the stroller or anything....)

Upvote 0

barnum42

I have a camera bag that also holds a 1987 edition poncho, sunscreen, pit stick, pen and note pad (for jotting down the names of cast members that go the extra mile so I can let management know about them).

Upvote 0

Disneydreaming

I use a smaller backpack for my camera, mini dvd recorder, cell phone, autograph book and pen, and a couple of small items. Never used it in the middle of July though and I am wondering if it will get really hot with it on my back. I will probably just bring my Disney hip pack just in case its too sweaty.

Upvote 0

KraziJediGurl

Disneydreaming said:
I use a smaller backpack for my camera, mini dvd recorder, cell phone, autograph book and pen, and a couple of small items. Never used it in the middle of July though and I am wondering if it will get really hot with it on my back. I will probably just bring my Disney hip pack just in case its too sweaty.

well mom you can let me carry the backpack if you start to sweat :D

Upvote 0

WDWCP

Aurora_25 said:
Let me just say it's not a huge backpack in the least...There really is hardly ever anything in my wallet honestly....My DH carries all the money and the credit cards...LOL- I understand that it is not the smartest idea to put stuff in a backpack, but I normally carry something with me at all times and I have never misplaced a backpack once (I have been to Disney over 20 times and each of those I had a backpack with me- I don't leave it in the stroller or anything....)

At least you certainly sound responsible with your stuff. I really can't count the number of times I've seen backpacks and other bags of stuff just sitting in strollers and such with nobody around them. Some people just beg to have their stuff stolen!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom