Backpack or pack?

Phonedave

Which do you prefer? Backpack or pack? Why is it that a lot of people would not be caught dead in a pack? Are they that terrible? Any thoughts.:shrug:

Cargo shorts :)

It all fits in there.

Cell phone, wallet, camera, and if with my kids, an autograph book and pen. All in the pockets of the cargo shorts.

No packs of any kind. :D

-dave

Joy Peace

Original Poster
thanks to all of you for your opinions/suggestions. I just cant imagine carring a heavy backpack all day in the middle of July. Besides they have some really cute Disney themed packs. Thanks NASAman for your advice you are absolutely right. If I cant find one I really like then I just wont use anything.

krankenstein

All I can picture is Joey from Friends and his 'man bag'... :lol:

I love that episode!

Joey: (About the bag Rachel got for Joey for his audition) Why would I return it? I love this bag!
Rachel: All right, then you owe me $350.
Joey: (Holding up the fake credit cards that came with the bag) Fine! Do you take Vasa or Mustercard?

Friends is the best! :lol:

Back to finals studying.....

TheBeatles

During Celebration 25 I brought a draw string bag/back pack. I bought a lot of stuff that day so I had plenty to put in my bag.

The upside to using a drawstring bag/back pack
1. Easy to use
2. Light Weight
3. Great for small items

The downside
1. Things can get bent/folded easily
2. Not as big as back pack
3. Small hole in top due to no zippers
4. Not very waterproof

adrianuk91

we take both lol my dad usually has a backpack on holidays with all the cameras in as he has a SLR and has a few lenses and then i dump my camera in it as well and anything I can't be bothered to carry lol and then my mum has always had a bum-bag with her stuff she would usually put in her handbag like her purse etc It's really up to you what you wear i would rather be comfortable than look good like someone said before people who solely judge people on their looks are kinda shallow (IMOH) Although if you have a couple of parents with you, you can normally get away with dumping all the stuff you don't want to carry on them and then you won't need a bum-bag or a backpack lol

dreamfinder

I prefer the backpack or messenger bag depending on what I am carrying that day. However, if you insist on getting a pack, might I suggest looking at a lumbar pack? Most of the outdoor bag companies like MountainSmith, North Face and the like make those. Not as ugly as a pack, and loads more versatile. Most have the same water bottle pockets as a backpack or have a built in hydration bladder but are smaller and easy to manage.

Minnesota

They are ugly I know but useful. I try not to take mutch but they do hold a wallet, sunglasses, small camera, and 2 inhailors. I never felt bad till I read this. I always said NO backpack because I knew I'd be the one carrying it, Yuck. DH always claims' I'll just looses it". So this year I told him if he wanted to bring a camera go for it but he was carrying it, and he sported the dreaded pack. I had a tiny one for my asthma stuff and wallet. Why should I carry everyones stuff?

Mikester71

I am guilty of using a pack on our first WDW trip. :eek: I have to say that it was just the right size and very comfortable. Now last year I just used the video camera bag. It worked out too because it held a bit more and I would just keep the video camera in it most of the time (when not recording of course). Was thinking about trying a backpack next trip, but now thinking the camera bag might still be the way to go.

Any other guys just stick with a camera bag?:shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
packs are a fashion faux pas.

In my opinion, they should be put on the banned list along with skateboards and wheelies.:lol:

MAF

I wish we had a "What Not To Wear" wdw thread where people could post pics. I've seen one like it on another message board and it was hilarious.

Jenna

I have been a bum bag victim in the past and I stand proud now and shout never again! They are convenient but I want to look half decent when I walk round the parks, yes the sweaty hair stuck to my head may take away from the 'look' I go for but seriously theres no need to add insult to injury with a bum bag lol!
My dad usually takes a backpack for water and his camera and my kid sisters nappies so theres not really anything that I need to carry and if I do I have the tiniest handbag ever that sits beautifully on my hip!
All hail fashion!

cooleo

We use both. I mean WHAT is the big deal about everyone not wanting to use a pack. No offense to anyone, but this whole bit of NOT being caught wearing one of these just seems a bit overdone. We are all grown ups anyways. The last thing that concerns me @ WDW is what other people wear. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Who goes to WDW to worry about fashion. You want fashion, go to New York! (JMO) :shrug:

I ,along with many other, like to people watch while at WDW. I'm constantly amused!

As an aside:
Some like to complain about threads where peoples pictures were taken wearing something ridiculous, but then they come right back and defend their right to wear said outfit. If you're going to wear it, prepare for the fallout.:shrug:

Grumpydoc

Personally, I'm a small drawstring bag person but (and perhaps it's because I'm not at all a fashion-conscious person) I really don't get this whole "I wouldn't be caught dead in a fannypack" thing. Perhaps someone can explain the rationale for the hatred of the fannypack?

And to those giant backpack wearing persons, please remember that when you do that you are adding 12-18 inches of width to your body. I can't tell you how many times someone who is wearing a backpack that is stuffed to the gills has "taken out" about 3 people with that backpack when he suddenly swings around while on the monorail, bus, or line. Yes, the dreaded "whirling person with backpack" is almost as dangerous as the "stroller battering ram" parents. You know them....the ones pushing one of those WDW strollers (the ones with the blunt front) who use it as a crowd battering ram! I could swear that I once heard a mom yell out "ramming speed, Captain" to her husband as she and her family were cruising through Aventure Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom