Backpack on rides?

lemonade

I'm going to the Magic Kingdom in a week with my niece and nephew who are 10 and 9. I'd like to take a backpack to hold our "stuff" cameras, ponchos, water bottles, cell phone. Anyway, if I don't stuff it too full will I be able to take it on the rides? Or will I have to put it in a locker?
I know at Islands of Adventure I was able to take my backpack on most rides (not including coasters) without a problem.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Originally posted by lemonade
I'm going to the Magic Kingdom in a week with my niece and nephew who are 10 and 9. I'd like to take a backpack to hold our "stuff" cameras, ponchos, water bottles, cell phone. Anyway, if I don't stuff it too full will I be able to take it on the rides? Or will I have to put it in a locker?
I know at Islands of Adventure I was able to take my backpack on most rides (not including coasters) without a problem.

Yes, you can do that. However, please put your backpacks in a locker. Other guests don't really like to stand behind "backpack people" in those lines. Everytime a person with a backpack turns, they bump someone else with their pack. Use packs and play nice.

Upvote 0

lemonade

Original Poster
Re: Re: Backpack on rides?

Originally posted by Talsonic

Yes, you can do that. However, please put your backpacks in a locker. Other guests don't really like to stand behind "backpack people" in those lines. Everytime a person with a backpack turns, they bump someone else with their pack. Use packs and play nice.
Are you going to pat me on the head too? ;) I took a backpack to IOA and I didn't have a problem with bumping into people.

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Those new computer backpacks!

Are you going to pat me on the head too? ;) I took a backpack to IOA and I didn't have a problem with bumping into people.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that your backpack has the sense of touch. Excuse me.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Wow....3 posts and into a fight already. A new record.....

If he wants to wear his backpack, let him. I do....it's just a matter of looking at the people around you.

Upvote 0

lemonade

Original Poster
I'm not saying I've never bumped someone with my backpack because I have and out of those few times I knew that I touched the person.
Sounds like some backpack-wearing tourist really ed you off in the past but don't take it out on me because I'm not one of those big oafs that can't tell when they're standing on top of someone. My backpack may not feel but it's attached to my person so I can usually tell if I'm pressing up against something.

BTW, Fievel I'm a girl. :D

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Let's try this.

I'm not saying I've never bumped someone with my backpack because I have and out of those few times I knew that I touched the person.
Sounds like some backpack-wearing tourist really ed you off in the past but don't take it out on me because I'm not one of those big oafs that can't tell when they're standing on top of someone. My backpack may not feel but it's attached to my person so I can usually tell if I'm pressing up against something.

BTW, Fievel I'm a girl. :D

Instead of wearing it as a backpack, reverse the whole thing and try wearing it on your front. Also, I never thought of you as an oaf. I was just attempting to give you some helpful advice. Ever hear of cooties?

Upvote 0

MattsCath

hooray for backpacks

I'm happy that someone else out there asked this question.
I found a great white canvas backpack at Target with an American flag on it for ten bucks. It's light enough that it won't be a nuisance to carry. Don't worry, I won't hit you with it!

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
You must watch out for yourself!

I just wanted some answers to my query not to get into a debate about the evils of wearing a backpack in theme parks.

Well, have a great trip to WDW and don't worry a bit about anyone other than yourself and your loved ones. That's the ticket!

Upvote 0

lemonade

Original Poster
Cut the crap, Talsonic. If you want to talk about people you know be my guest but think before you type about someone you've never met.

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Sorry you misunderstood.

Cut the crap, Talsonic. If you want to talk about people you know be my guest but think before you type about someone you've never met.

Gosh, that was not very nice. You too should think before using such crass language. I suppose I deserve it for trying to help.

Upvote 0

The_CEO

Talsonic. Give her a break. She just asked if it would be ok. Obvioulsy it bothers YOU that people wear their backpacks. PLus why are people getting so close to you that they are hitting you with their back packs.. THey should be keeping a good distance away. I mean ever hear of personal space.? lol..

Lemonade, I bring my backpack everywhere. EVEN ON ROcken Rollercoaster!! hehe. You just ask and dont act foolish. Talsonic just wants to start a fight.. Have a great trip Lemon!

~ Justin..

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

lemonade i have a backpack and use it just dont listen to him Can someone tell me why all i see is fighting on threads lately it is getting ridiculus and petty i thought we are family because we all love disney now lets get along

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Good Point!

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Talsonic. Give her a break. She just asked if it would be ok. Obvioulsy it bothers YOU that people wear their backpacks. PLus why are people getting so close to you that they are hitting you with their back packs.. THey should be keeping a good distance away. I mean ever hear of personal space.? lol..

Lemonade, I bring my backpack everywhere. EVEN ON ROcken Rollercoaster!! hehe. You just ask and dont act foolish. Talsonic just wants to start a fight.. Have a great trip Lemon!

~ Justin..

Good post! I like the reference to "personal space". The problem in most of those "switchback lines" at WDW is that folks wait for a long time (30 minutes, 1 hour and sometimes more). All people in the line tend to switch position (i.e. left, right, turn around) just to "break" the boredom of standing in line. All of the lines are very tight. If you look at the space in an average WDW line (i.e. measure the distance from one chain to another) it doesn't amount to the average human torso loaded with a backpack! As a result, folks with backpacks bump and impede other tourists in most any line at WDW. Therefore backpacks "touch" (bump, scrape, etc.) other people in line. Let me choose who touches me, not you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom