Backlot Tour "addition"

gsimpson

This is just a cute little reference to a current movie, why everyone is getting their undies in a bunch is beyond me. Once the planes movie has run its course I'm sure the retired old plane will return to its previous status as a retired old plane that gets pretty much ignored. I am curious where all you folks that hate the movie so much saw the movie? Out here in Phoenix it hasn't been released yet. It is amusing how many of the same people who condemned the company for going outside and buy Pixar instead of making toons internally are now slamming an internal Disney unit for not being Pixar. I guess the take away from such stellar logic is that Disney should not have bought Pixar and relied strictly on an internal division that creates toons that are "the worst".

ddbowdoin

that's about the only aspect of the backlot tour I enjoy, Walt's actual plane!

Now this, agh and I am never on the "gloom and doom" team.

ToTBellHop

True. 'It's Not Meant To Please Adults' seems to be the new mantra of Walt Disney World.
Lest we forget:

Walt Disney: "The idea for Disneyland came about when my daughters were very young and Saturday was always Daddy’s day with the two daughters. So we’d start out and try to go someplace, you know, different things, and I’d take them to the merry-go-round and I took them different places and as I’d sit while they rode the merry-go-round and did all these things- sit on a bench, you know, eating peanuts- I felt that there should be something built where the parents could have fun watching their toddlers having fun."

And then there's one of my favorites, still applicable today:
“Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking of what’s wrong with the thing and how can I make it worse.” - Walt Disney

WDWYankee15

This is just a cute little reference to a current movie, why everyone is getting their undies in a bunch is beyond me. Once the planes movie has run its course I'm sure the retired old plane will return to its previous status as a retired old plane that gets pretty much ignored. I am curious where all you folks that hate the movie so much saw the movie? Out here in Phoenix it hasn't been released yet. It is amusing how many of the same people who condemned the company for going outside and buy Pixar instead of making toons internally are now slamming an internal Disney unit for not being Pixar. I guess the take away from such stellar logic is that Disney should not have bought Pixar and relied strictly on an internal division that creates toons that are "the worst".

This was temporary...
mickeysbirthdayland1.jpg

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Point missed. Next round.

ToTBellHop

I love Walt Disney Feature Animation projects. This is not one of their projects.

raymusiccity

I agree with you wholeheartedly . All of the 'nay sayers' have brought new meaning to 'lighten up' ! I'll bet you'll hear a lot more excited children on the tram when they see 'Walt's plane' smiling at them, than being bored with an historical description of it. It's a theme park...not a museum. Just say'in... :)

dadddio

And then there's one of my favorites, still applicable today:
“Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking of what’s wrong with the thing and how can I make it worse.” - Walt Disney
Ummm, the actual quote was "Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."

The Empress Lilly

Ummm, the actual quote was "Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
Sorry, I'm pretty sure Walt's exact quote was: "Whenever I go on a Knotts ride, I'm always thinking they are Knutts and if I improve what's wrong with it Walt's park will Waltz straight over them."

TalkingHead

The elitist boards can complain all they want, but the fact is my shuttle was abuzz with excitment when we made our first run and nearly every camera was out to take pictures after the the canyon.

So, however upset posters may be, the guests were digging it up.

Yeah, but how smart could they be in the first place? They were on the Backlot Tour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom