Backlot Tour "addition"

Seabasealpha1

I dunno...you'd think someone would want the plane restored for the family museum or something...in general however, I feel like parking old props and craft from various movies out in the Florida weather is disgusting and done with total disregard...you always hear about the company historians drooling over "lost and rare articles"...but then again...sometimes I half expect to see the Lucite fountain from Epcot parked next to Walt's plane...with eyes stuck on it...in a coy manner that suggest that no one knows what the heck they're looking at! :rolleyes:

The whole friggin' ride concept for the backlot tour is lost now anyway, as there isn't actually a "studio" working towards any films there...anymore...and from what I'm seeing and hearing both here and on other sites, the revamp cometh...

and I kinda hope the park goes a little more like DCA did with it's makeover...you know, a somewhat coherent theme, general upkeep...no more rusted out props and a busted a**ed collection of junk for us to drive by...and certainly no calling it a "backlot tour" like some crew is going to come in and retrieve a vehicle/prop for use on a shoot on sound stage A....or B or whatever...

They should keep the idea you get when you enter the park...MOVIES...

But ditch this notion that we have no clue that the studio is gone and that the park is broken...God bless the internet....for the truth is out...holy crap!

It's frustrating...:banghead:

jensenrick

I'll bet you'll hear a lot more excited children on the tram when they see 'Walt's plane' smiling at them, than being bored with an historical description of it.

Well, sure! Of course the children are going to be excited, nothing causes squeals of childish delight quite like . . . stickers for eyes. I'm sure the parents will consider their money well spent as well, by coming to the world class vacation kingdom, to see such "plussing" of the attractions. Who says DHS is a half day park? Why they are adding to it every day!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know. How dare that guy wash the rusting relic of a plane and then add eyeballs and a smile so that it is reflective of a current movie. The nerve of some people.

What's next on your agenda? Maybe some yellow buttons and mickey ears on someone's tombstone? You know.. to make it more reflective of their character...

AndyMagic

It tested very well and seen as Cars is hot it'll rub off on this - especially internationally and bring the bacon home to make up for some poor releases so far.

I don't know who you're talking to but Planes has terrible early buzz, worse early reviews, and even worse box-office tracking. Sorry to break it to you but it isn't going to, "bring home the bacon." Also, Cars 2 wasn't exactly a runaway hit domestically in the first place. Compared to other Pixar releases, the box office results were mediocre.

SirLink

I don't know who you're talking to but Planes has terrible early buzz, worse early reviews, and even worse box-office tracking. Sorry to break it to you but it isn't going to, "bring home the bacon." Also, Cars 2 wasn't exactly a runaway hit domestically in the first place. Compared to other Pixar releases, the box office results were mediocre.

Cars 2 did v.well internationally. Who cares about one market when we are dealing with WW performance. Planes tested well ... hence why it was bumped from a direct to DVD to cinema release. Also it was cheaper to make.

lebeau

I wonder what it's like inside Walt's plane. Like, is it kept up? Is it creepy and dingy?

1.jpg

dadddio

Buzz - Once you take away actual reviews, I guess that I don't no what that is. Loads of fanboys on this site seem to hate it already, so I guess that the buzz around here is bad. My son can't wait to go, so I guess that the buzz around our house is positive.

Early reviews - There are certainly bad reviews out there, but there are also positive reviews. In fact, the very first review that popped up when I googled "Planes review" was this positive one.

Box office tracking - Given that the film hasn't even been released, it's no wonder that it's box office tracking is very bad. Just like every single unreleased film, it has exactly NO box office revenue. Perhaps we should wait until after this weekend to take the box office reading.

lebeau

Buzz - Once you take away actual reviews, I guess that I don't no what that is. Loads of fanboys on this site seem to hate it already, so I guess that the buzz around here is bad. My son can't wait to go, so I guess that the buzz around our house is positive.

Early reviews - There are certainly bad reviews out there, but there are also positive reviews. In fact, the very first review that popped up when I googled "Planes review" was this positive one.

Box office tracking - Given that the film hasn't even been released, it's no wonder that it's box office tracking is very bad. Just like every single unreleased film, it has exactly NO box office revenue. Perhaps we should wait until after this weekend to take the box office reading.

That's not what "tracking" means.

Check out Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic to see what the consensus is. Every movie will have good and bad reviews. But aggregate sites give you an idea of what the overall view of critics is. Right now only 25% of critics on RT.com give Planes a favorable review. That's a terrible figure.

nytimez

That's not what "tracking" means.

Check out Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic to see what the consensus is. Every movie will have good and bad reviews. But aggregate sites give you an idea of what the overall view of critics is. Right now only 25% of critics on RT.com give Planes a favorable review. That's a terrible figure.

It does even worse with "top critics," where it gets just 17 percent. And if you read the (few) positive reviews, you'll find they're pretty lukewarm.

Yes indeed... sounds like a real winner.

lebeau

It does even worse with "top critics," where it gets just 17 percent. And if you read the (few) positive reviews, you'll find they're pretty lukewarm.

Yes indeed... sounds like a real winner.

I think Smurfs showed that audiences are suffering from family film fatigue. The kids are getting ready to go back to school. Reviews are bad. I think it will do okay business based on people being tricked into thinking it is somehow related to Cars. But it's not going to do well. Disney won't take a Lone Ranger write-off on this one. Especially with foreign and merch. But it's not going to do Despicable Me 2 or even Monsters University business either.

I expect a mildly embarassing opening. Kind of like everything else released for the last several weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom