Back to Important Stuff (SPACE!)

Mr.Nutz

I'll try and get all the photos I can.

Problem is, I'm only coming home in August so everyone will probably get photos back before that. :lol:

Oh well, I'll do it anyway. You'll just have to wait. Any specific requests? My digital camera isn't that great.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Update:

Orlandorocks.com has pictures from 7/5/02 and they show the new paintjob, but not the added Spaceship and marquee.

-Rob

NowInc

Just think of the name... "Mission:Space"..so its going to be a mission...and it doesnt say MARS in there hehe...

I say expect an "evacuation" scenario..that seems to me like the only option that would fit with the title...

AliciaLuvzDizne

Aww Geeze

I can just see the nightmares im gonna be having about the earth blowing up and i miss the spaceship :brick:

Anyways, I hope its not too scary or realisting looking, i get sad about things like that LOL

PS
i would love to see some new pics of what everyone is talking about... I'll be there in 7 days though so maybe i'll be the one posting the pics!! (not that i know how....)

yay :sohappy:

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Funny thought...

The marquee refers to the attraction as just "SPACE" as does the poster and so did the original plans for the attraction.

-Rob

Rider

I had a dream about M:S last night....

It was spondered by Boeing and the cars were too small to fit anyone.

You could be a rider, or a "controler" if you didn't fit in the cars...

lol

AndyMagic

RobFL, the poster clearly says Mission: SPACE. I don't know what poster your looking at. The reason the marquee simply says "SPACE" is probably because the pavilion will simply be known as "SPACE" but the ride will still be called Mission: SPACE.

JEDI1138

Originally posted by RobFL
I heard from a custodial person that they've already been trained in how to clean the building and that the vehicles are made so they can be hosed down. Eww.
-Rob

They may have had training on the building, but if they try to hose out the vehicle, they will be taking the ride out of service.

WATER + ELECTRONICS = FIRE

EPCOT = Electric Power Comes On Tomorrow

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ahem...

They designed the vehicles so they can be hosed out. That's what i said and what i heard. Just because you can't think of a vehicle design that allows for this.. Might i remind you that the Test Track vehicles have drains in the bottom for the rain, UoE has an animatronic spit water onto its vehicles, and there are of course the vehicles for the new Journey which are always wet.

Feh!

-Rob

AndyMagic

Hmm

I might be imagining things but I remember a while ago when we were all talking about the ride system, someone said that Disney was implimenting special features that would prevent people from getting dizzy or sick. I really don't think Disney would spend 200 million on this new ride to have people vomit all over the cabin to the point where it would need to be "HOSED DOWN!" If people will be getting THAT sick on it then the amount of people capable of riding it would be very little. That would be a huge waste considering the MASSIVE capacity this ride is said to have.

durhay

Notice how the 'hoseability' factor makes everyone assume the ride will make you barf. Maybe it's a very *scary* ride that will literally scare the < ... > out of you :animwink:

bearboysnc

I really don't think Disney would spend 200 million on this new ride to have people vomit all over the cabin to the point where it would need to be "HOSED DOWN!"

Look at all the money they spent on Body Wars... i'm sick of that.

or TRunm...

WDWFREAK53

Well...the "hose-down" factor might be "IN CASE" something happens... I'm sure it's not gonna be a "spin-&-puke" because Disney is smarter than that. Like someone else said...would you spend $200 million if you knew people would just be puking all over it??? I don't think so.

People do get sick...whether it's from "motion" sickness or if they are just ill...IT HAPPENS. Would you want to NOT be able to ride because they have to shut the ride down because someone did get sick on it? Or...would you rather wait 5-10 minutes while they hosed it down and dried it?

durhay

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by AndyMagic
.... I really don't think Disney would spend 200 million on this new ride to have people vomit all over the cabin to the point where it would need to be "HOSED DOWN!" ....

You're right - if they had planned on people puking they would have made it a schoolbus themed ride not a space themed one.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by RobFL

I heard from a custodial person that they've already been trained in how to clean the building and that the vehicles are made so they can be hosed down. Eww.

-Rob

Oh my lord! I think this will be one ride I can do without. I don't feel like getting on a ride only to sit in a pile of puke. I don't know why -- but I'm feeling sick already. :( :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom