Baby elephant born at Disney's Animal Kingdom

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
According to the Sentinel's Theme Park Rangers.....

Sentinel said:
It's a boy! A 327-pound one!

Disney has announced the birth of a baby African elephant, the fourth one in history born at Disney's Animal Kingdom. He arrived Saturday evening. His birth weight is the the heaviest of the four, and caretakers are optimistic about his survival chances.

His mother is Moyo, a 26-year-old resident who has been at DAK since the beginning, and is also mother of the first calf born at the park, Tufani in 2003. The other "little ones" born here are Kianga (2004) and Nadirah (2005). The new calf has not yet been named.

Thats so cool, I was there in 2006 about one week after one was born, it was really cool to find out it had just happened and there that elephant is walking around.

Craig & Lisa

Great to hear. When we were at AKL in March I was told that there were a few other mothers ready to pop, but was never told which animals they were. Hope this guy lives to be the father of some young ones of his own there.

loveMickey

So excited about this news. We had done the back stage tour when we found out that this mama elephant was pregnant with Tufani.

Now our little (well he's not so little now) Tufani has a baby brother.

disneydiva72

This photo is from www.mouseextra.com I don't think they would mind us posting it as long as credit is given.

How cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

baby-elephant.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom