B-Bye Wonders of Life

Android-XS

I too am glad to see it go. It was so outdated and boring, it never made it on our "must do that" list while were at Epcot. The only thing I hope is that Disney doesn't put in another thrill ride (MS,TT). I am not one for those types of rides, I would much rather some sort of slow moving ride or show be put in its place.

wedway71

STR8FAN2005 said:
I think you'll find that the majority here agrees with you. There may be a few who will disagree, but they refuse to see logic.

P.S. I voted for Pedro because he's got my back!

LOL-I have the t-shirt:lol:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Screamscape and Jim Hill both subscribe to the "throw crap at the wall and see what sticks" school of thought.

Brent

Something reported from screamscape posted by someone else from WI its hard to decide who not to believe. LOL ok JK but really like I posted before with the rehab of TT fast upon us I can always hope for WOL to have one last yippie & reopen for that time in which TT is down but I put that in the 1% chance bin along w/ Dreamfinder comeing back & COP staying open forever. :-(

Bytowner

It's interesting to read these postings about various pavillions at Epcot at Future World. Okay, let's take these issues one at a time... first the Universe of Energy. Whenever I read some rumour about how Disney might theme this ride to Monster's Inc, I have to cringe. First, becase after Nemo-nizing The Living Seas, I can no longer stare disbelievingly, mouth agape in shock at what Disney will do to an educational display that was never intended to be "branded" in this manner. Over at The Living Seas, which was intended to be a demonstration of our future in the oceans of tomorrow, there was something to entertain, enthrall, and amaze both children and adults. Now little children will whine to their their parents they want to see Nemo. Nice. But at the UoE we have Ellen. I have no problems with Ellen. At least she's far more entertaining than the audio snoozefest that Drew Carey hosts over at MGM. But let's say they do indeed theme it to Monster's Inc. Okay, so Sulley will explain the history of energy and Crush will talk about the sea.
Cute, I'm sure, but little wow factor for adults. And I come to the realization that Disney uses these characters like a crutch to bolster rides that begin to lose their imagination quotient. So much easier and cheaper that to simply come up with a new daring concept. Now they're designing rides the Universal way like Dr. Doom's Fear Fall. Take an ordinary attraction, add a character and voila! A new ride! Hey, it worked for Stitch's Great Escape! I mean, didn't it???

:wave:

CTXRover

Bytowner said:
Over at The Living Seas, which was intended to be a demonstration of our future in the oceans of tomorrow, there was something to entertain, enthrall, and amaze both children and adults.

I think there are a lot of people, at least outside of the Disney fan-site world, who would disagree that the Living Seas, even with the seacabs, was entertaining both children and adults....including myself. It was neat and educational, don't get me wrong, but not overly exciting, expecially post-sea cabs days. It came to a point I never really went back into the Living Seas for what seemed like a few years. Now I may find that they've gone overboard with the Nemo thing during this recent 2-3 month rehab when it reopens, but I don't think I ever saw adults and children as excited about fish, the oceans, and the pavilion in general as I did after the 3 Nemo exhibits came. There was an energy put back in the pavilion that was not there anymore. Hence the decision to push forward with the Nemo makeover, I suppose.

CrashNet

Imagineering has admitted they have HUGE plans for Future World at EPCOT in the coming 5-10 years. However, I would not believe a single thing until you start seeing physical proof of changes taking place. All of the talk is what builds the hype. Its a fantastic way to get buzz.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
wedway71 said:
OK, Im gonna get some flack for this one but IM GLAD. I did like the pavillion but its been sitting there for soooo long with weak attendance so Disney is doing right by doing something new.Not sure what it will be but rather than have a building with straglers coming to see a couple of so-so attractions based there lets get some fresh new theming and attractions.

Hey maybe they'll bring Horizons back there:lol:

All this talk of attendance....it's kinda hard to maintain attendance when you're "open seasonally". Half the time when it was open, people didn't even realize it. It was buried while still breathing.

Now, with that said, it was dated, did need updating years ago so, as it is now, something new IS necessary.

shmmrname

Seeing something close is almost always a negative, but hopefully the Disney Company announces soon that they will be adding, as that is almost always a positive.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
CTXRover said:
I think there are a lot of people, at least outside of the Disney fan-site world, who would disagree that the Living Seas, even with the seacabs, was entertaining both children and adults....including myself.

Living Seas was somewhat exciting with the Sea Cabs....after the Sea Cabs left....it was downright boring.

I for one was only marginally impresses with "Talktime with Crush"...it was great technology and interesting but not worth waiting for or worth seeing again.

They really need to do something with this pavilion...because right now, it's barely worth stopping at.

wannab@dis

TiggerRPh said:
They really need to do something with this pavilion...because right now, it's barely worth stopping at.
I would make that argument for most of the pavilions. The Land is the only pavilion that was 'ok' in my book. They've improved on it and I'll see how I like it soon enough. Most of the rest are just downright stale. TLS and UoE has potential and some work may do them good. WoL just needs to be razed.

Edeyore

Burgstressera said:
richard-simmons-sirius-satellite-radio.jpg

Come on everyone - let me see those spirit fingers...

That is without a doubt the scariest picture I have ever seen on these boards. :lol:

miksad

Keep Cranium Command

Hi!

If Wonders of Life does close permanently, I wish there was a way to keep Cranium Command somewhere; love that attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom