Awfully quiet lately. . .

tmitch

We don't go for another 9 months, rather not think about that wait:(. (Don't chastise me, it's all in fun, I'm blessed to be able to go at all)

Gojira ゴジラ

We just got back from the cruise, it was awesome! I just posted this on a different thread but man, Disney Parks have so much of catching up to do, to get to the same standard of service and crew as the cruise is well-known for.
Everything is awesome, Aquaduck is awesome as it is showed .
The food was good, the entertainment as usual is top knotch, although I do think they need to update their opening/welcome show :)

Tom

Beta Return
We sailed on the Dream Nov 13-16. Took our 1-year old, so it was a new experience for us. He loved the nursery (and those gals loved him).

We dined at Palo for the first time - very nice. We didn't do any rotational dining - decided to change it up since it was our 3rd DCL....Night 1: Palo...Night2: Cabanas...Night 3: Pool Food, Snacks and Ice Cream

Crew was fantastic as always.

Had room 8188, dead center at the aft of the ship. Wouldn't stay there again....really felt the rocking of the ship versus a cabin on one side or the other....and smelled the exhaust pretty badly when on our balcony at night.

Stateroom hostess was awesome, and she completely accommodated our weird schedule of naps, no dinner rotation and no shows.

A+ as always.

EOD K9

We sailed on the Dream Nov 13-16. Took our 1-year old, so it was a new experience for us. He loved the nursery (and those gals loved him).
We took our (then) ten month old twins on their first cruise back in March. The same holds true then about the nursery. The staff there was awesome. We are going back in a few weeks and they are 19 months old. It will be fun to see how they interact now that they are older.

rob0519

Trying to save up for another cruise. Honestly though, most people use the forums as a place to voice complaints. On our one and only cruise there was nothing to complain about. I'm assuming most people feel the same way. Well, except the people that don't like the new alcohol policy.

DISNEY FANTASY

It seems the same across all DCL boards, the amounts of posts and questions are down off of a cliff at this time, there is a complete lack of interest, or people are getting information from cruise meet threads.

Phonedave

It seems the same across all DCL boards, the amounts of posts and questions are down off of a cliff at this time, there is a complete lack of interest, or people are getting information from cruise meet threads.

That's the ban of many message boards. The questions all get answered, and any new people are told "the search function is your friend".

Unless DCL does something new that generates new chatter, things die down.

-dave

DISNEY FANTASY

That's the way of many message boards. The questions all get answered, and any new people are told "the search function is your friend".

Unless DCL does something new that generates new chatter, things die down.

-dave

Yes, agree, but always the case, however from what I see, the three main DCL sites all have gone off a cliff, not just here but on some forums you had maybe three pages overnight, now less than half a page. Yes many meet up on cruises and then ask a friend direct. I am a search function for many. As friends its less anonymous and trust forms.

wogwog

Next for us is Fantasy Star Wars inaugural Jan 9 with five friends. Only doing Disney because all of the other six cruisers are complete
SW geeks. Being in Central Florida and having access to multiple ports we have moved over to Celebrity for the majority of our 6 to 9 cruises a year.

We find that Celebrity has food of better quality, equal guest service and equal accommodations. Shows are a wash.
We do not sail with young ones so the better kid areas on Disney are not important. The deciding factor is cost. With discounts offered here for Florida residents Disney is far more expensive without being better for us.

DisSplash

We are sailing on the Star Wars cruise 1/23/16!! The kids have been "researching" and preparing themselves for everything Star Wars -- not just for 'The Force Awakens,' but to get themselves into the spirit of Star Wars day at Sea. It should be fun!

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Sadly, I think we're cancelling our April cruise on the Wonder. We were hoping to add my mother-in-law to our reservation, but they're unable to add her to our Verandah stateroom or to a stateroom one category up or down from our current one.

Nastory4

We are back on The Magic in October (2016) sailing out of NYC to Canada. Sadly no Castaway Cay this trip, but I am saving a bundle not paying for airfare, hotel and transportation to Florida

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We are back on The Magic in October (2016) sailing out of NYC to Canada. Sadly no Castaway Cay this trip, but I am saving a bundle not paying for airfare, hotel and transportation to Florida

Can't remember if there's more than one sailing to Canada--I'm on the October 2 one.

Looking forward to our first trip on the Magic, have only sailed on the Dream

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom