Awesome Everest Update

WDWFREAK53

Well, since this is our version of the "Matterhorn" I think they should kill two birds with one stone (kinda ironic to say that about something in the Animal Kingdom) and make the locomotive our version of Casey Jr. or Heimlich's Chew Chew Train :lookaroun

(Yes, this is a joke!)

SFSC26

^lol...exactly

yeah i love the theming of BTMRR but i always thought they could have made the trains really detailed and cooled , i just dont want the same treatment for EE because it has some much potential to be awesome.

SFSC26

hey just found something about the trains....lee mentioned that each person would have an individual lapbar, and that the company that designed the track is vekoma...well a new vekoma ride opened up at bobbejaanland called "okidoki"

(okidoki restraints)
http://users.skynet.be/pretparken/bjl/foto's/bouw%20od%2002_files/Photos/bouw%20112%20(web).jpg

If u have a keen eye the track is set-up just like everest:

(okidoki)
http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery2228.htm?Picture=10
http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery2228.htm?Picture=25
(everest)
http://www.orlandorocks.com/full_photo.asp?fname=ak_ee_7_12_2004%20(4).jpg&caption=Expedition%20Everest%20construction%20site.%20%207/18/04

of course the concept art shows that the trains are set-up like BTMRR in that they have 6 people to a car unlike okidoki.

just thought this is what lee was talking about in vekomas new single-person lapbar

DarkMeasures

I wonder if Vekoma will build Everest clones at Six Flags parks like they did for Rock n Rollercoaster. But the Everest clones would look out of place due to the high track.

Lee

Adventurer
DarkMeasures said:
I wonder if Vekoma will build Everest clones at Six Flags parks like they did for Rock n Rollercoaster. But the Everest clones would look out of place due to the high track.

Won't happen.
Vekoma doesn't own the rights to EE's track design.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Lee said:
Only if they are going full blast for a launch.
For a slow lift hill.....very quiet.
there's definitely an audible "screaming" noise on the slow lifthill on California Screamin'...it is by no means loud, but you can hear it over the on-ride audio.

WDWFREAK53

Now I'm curious...

Lee says that you only hear the "scream" on the "power packed" launch...
Kyle says you can hear it on the slow launch as well...

Is there a difference from what is used on the TTA??? I don't hear "screaming" and they also use magnets...correct?

(Or is that where the LIM/LSM difference comes in?)

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
lol...go ride California Screamin'. It is quite easy to hear on the lift hill. Or listen to any on-ride videos that haven't done what all of the videos do nowadays, and dubbed over the real sound w/ cd audio.

Lee

Adventurer
Beats me.
I never noticed any LSM sound on Screamin, certainly not over the audio (when it's working).
Maybe it's me......

SFSC26

I know a few weeks ago they were testing some concrete rockwork and i was wondering how much more has been done...

S.I.R.

Does anyone know about show scenes? Will they be elaborate like Splash (AA and scenery) or more like Matterhorn (caves and crystals)? Imo I hope there more like Splash.

imagineer boy

I'm guessing it will be caves and crystals like the Matterhorn and encounters with AA abonidables. It can't be show scenes because the ride doesn't go through a story or movie like Splash or the Fantaseyland rides.

peter11435

imagineer boy said:
I'm guessing it will be caves and crystals like the Matterhorn and encounters with AA abonidables. It can't be show scenes because the ride doesn't go through a story or movie like Splash or the Fantaseyland rides.
I would say you are probably right only without the crystals. I think they would be a little out of place in AK. Also though the ride could have show scenes, we don't have any proof that this ride won't go through a story. Not on e from a movie but one like on Dinosaur is entirely possible.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
There is most definitely a story to this attraction. There is a village at the base of Everest where locals have fled due to the Yeti (the queue goes through the empty houses), and explorers (us) learn that the legendary Shangri-La is in the Himalayas, as well. They take a locomotive ride into the Himalayas to explore this city, but problems come up once they find it, and their journey continues to the top of Everest, itself, where the thrill ride begins.

Hank Scorpio

this ride is gonna be sooo cool.

Im next there in August 2005 which will probably be my last trip for a few years so it doesn't look like i'm going to get to ride it anytime soon :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why can't they just build a WDW clone a few miles from my house, or even better invent a transportation device that will whisk me off there at the touch of a button and then back home in time for tea. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom