Awesome Everest Update

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
sounds correct to me. visually it does as well.

i wish we could get an aerial shot of this mtn. that would help a lot since it looks like a bowl of spagetti.

imagineer99

I kinda hope that the first lift hill DOESN'T use LSM's.

After all, a rickety old train wouldn't be traveling up a hill using such state of the art equipment...

That being said, I think Everest has the ability to make AK a "complete" park. Bring it on!

WDWFREAK53

imagineer99 said:
I kinda hope that the first lift hill DOESN'T use LSM's.

After all, a rickety old train wouldn't be traveling up a hill using such state of the art equipment...

That being said, I think Everest has the ability to make AK a "complete" park. Bring it on!

...not until they add some GREAT family attractions (as in rides...not shows or walkthroughs)...

Lee

Adventurer
imagineer99 said:

With the proper themeing you'd never notice.
Look at Big Thunder...

testtracker

So it could use the same type thing that causes the "earthquake" on Thunder Mountain? By the way does anyone know where to find that virtual everest video?

SFSC26

i know ive brought this up earlier but has any one heard anything special about the trains...i know that their lap bars are set-up somewhat like intamin's and that each seat has its own lap bar.....

also that from the artwork the locomotive is in the back...

DarkMeasures

imagineer99 said:

Any train wouldn't be traveling using a chain. The LSMs give the illusian of the train being powered by the locomotive.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
imagineer99 said:
Interesting point. I Revise my intial statement. :lookaround

I always thought that LSM's were noisy...guess I was wrong.
They are neither silent nor loud...they make a soft, screaming noise.

Lee

Adventurer
ISTCNavigator57 said:
They are neither silent nor loud...they make a soft, screaming noise.

Only if they are going full blast for a launch.
For a slow lift hill.....very quiet.

WDWFREAK53

Lee said:
Only if they are going full blast for a launch.
For a slow lift hill.....very quiet.

I know the Hulk Coaster is a series of tires that provide the power for the launch...but...is the Rock N Rollercoaster LSM??? If so...that scream is from Steven Tyler :lol:

ogryn

WDWFREAK53 said:
I know the Hulk Coaster is a series of tires that provide the power for the launch...but...is the Rock N Rollercoaster LSM??? If so...that scream is from Steven Tyler :lol:

lol. R'n'RC is indeed LSM (although it is the shuttle that gets launched by the LSM, not the cars directly. Cali' Screamin' is direct.)

SFSC26

i hope disney goes all the way with the themeing and authentisity of this ride....so far they have the engine in theback which is accurate for any steam engine with inclines and that they wont use a chain and instead be a nice quiet lift...but hopefully these trains will be even more dected out...i mean on-board audio that projects the sound of the train geving its every last inch of strength to get to the top and i hope they add stuff to the cars as well....luggage..hats..fur coats...first aid kits... to add that disney touch....

p.s. does anyone know if the their will be seats for people to sit on in the locomotive bacause they could put an AA in there or just leave it empty

WDWFREAK53

ogryn said:
lol. R'n'RC is indeed LSM (although it is the shuttle that gets launched by the LSM, not the cars directly. Cali' Screamin' is direct.)

Ahhh...so THAT is where they came up with the name...it has NOTHING to do with the people riding it! :sohappy: :lookaroun

ogryn

SFSC26 said:
i hope disney goes all the way with the themeing and authentisity of this ride....so far they have the engine in theback which is accurate for any steam engine with inclines and that they wont use a chain and instead be a nice quiet lift...but hopefully these trains will be even more dected out...i mean on-board audio that projects the sound of the train geving its every last inch of strength to get to the top and i hope they add stuff to the cars as well....luggage..hats..fur coats...first aid kits... to add that disney touch....

p.s. does anyone know if the their will be seats for people to sit on in the locomotive bacause they could put an AA in there or just leave it empty

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... I know I can!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom