Avoiding crowds

Susan Savia

We always go in either January or February. We did go this past year in September also and loved it. It seems that most any time is cwowded anymore.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We always go in either January or February. We did go this past year in September also and loved it. It seems that most any time is cwowded anymore.

Yes, the off season is not what it used to be...good for Disney and its stockholders (including me) but not so good for those of us who actively try to avoid crowds.

awoogala

avoid them like the plague, if I can. we have gone in january, february, end of september, and first week of december.
This year we hit in January and it was much more crowded then I'm used to, and had a major increase in tour groups. We are looking at November with a huge group rate,(not thanksgiving or jersey week) so I am hoping for small-ish crowds then!

Aurora1

I wish! I teach, so my options are all relatively crowded times- Summer Vacation, Spring Break, February Break. I'm trying February Break with a few friends this week, so I'm assuming (hopefully) it can't be any more crowded than our normal summer trips!

JIMINYCR

Yes, the off season is not what it used to be...

We try planning our trips around the slower times, but even during those times we find theres an increase in the lines and park attendance than we had the year before. There was talk that the slower economy was going to affect the crowds but last trip we still ran into a larger number of guests than we expected.

woody98

We used to go first 2 weeks of march every year. It has now been switched to the first 2 weeks of Oct for the food & wine and our anniversary. We are fortunate enough that the kids school is ok with them being gone for 2 weeks. We did May 1 year and that will never happen again. To hot and to busy.:mad:

Mikester71

Have only experienced WDW during our Spring Break (middle of March up here in Canada) since we have kids and although we love heading down there this time of the year to escape from the snow and winter for a couple of weeks, we are thinking it would be nice to visit when it is not INSANELY crowded and expensive.

Although we won't be able to make it back down there until 2015, we are already thinking about the end of April that year. Our youngest will be out of school by then and we would like to take one last family trip with the kids and are hoping that the weather will be just as nice, if not better than when we go in March, and that the parks will not be anywhere near as crowded as they are and that the pricing will be a little better. Looked up Easter in 2015 and it falls on the 1st weekend in April, so here's hoping the crowds will die down by the end of April. :)

bubbles1812

How have been your experiences in February? Just curious. My mom and I are going next week (6-11). The only times I've been to WDW before have been in June, July, and August. Really hoping it isn't too bad next week. We specifically made sure to get in (and out) before Valentine's Day to avoid any of the crowd related to that.

real mad hatter

I know you go in July, but if you ever have the opportunity to go in early Sept. or early Dec., please give it a try. It is even more magical without lines or crowds. Imagine not waiting in lines and how much more time you would have to indulge in your favorite food and drink.
Yeh,I agree.But the thing is,I don't wait in lines.Plus I have loads of food/drink time. Now that you mention it.What are all these people standing in queues for.As one person once said.We've got the FP,they must have the SP ( slow );)

awoogala

How have been your experiences in February? Just curious. My mom and I are going next week (6-11). The only times I've been to WDW before have been in June, July, and August. Really hoping it isn't too bad next week. We specifically made sure to get in (and out) before Valentine's Day to avoid any of the crowd related to that.
February (away from the holiday) was awesome. Low crowds, weather was 60-80 (all over that week!), We got one or 2 days warm enough for the pool, but you can't expect the pool, because the weather can be all over the place. Less hours, but less crowds. Of coursee, I am getting angry at the loss of emh in january, which is making it less worthwhile to go then, so we will see!

bubbles1812

February (away from the holiday) was awesome. Low crowds, weather was 60-80 (all over that week!), We got one or 2 days warm enough for the pool, but you can't expect the pool, because the weather can be all over the place. Less hours, but less crowds. Of coursee, I am getting angry at the loss of emh in january, which is making it less worthwhile to go then, so we will see!
Wait. I was away for awhile... Disney removed all extra magic hours in the month of January? Glad that you've liked February :) It's a short trip for me and my mom, and I'm actually giving over two days mostly to Universal with a few hours at Disney after those parks close. We arrive early and leave late so all told I get 3ish days at Disney but was hoping the crowds would be lower so I can get as much done as possible. (I made a list of the things I'd really like to do in each park, things that that I'd do if I have the time, and things I wouldn't do even if I had the time... shockingly, Stitch made that list ;))

awoogala

Wait. I was away for awhile... Disney removed all extra magic hours in the month of January? Glad that you've liked February :) It's a short trip for me and my mom, and I'm actually giving over two days mostly to Universal with a few hours at Disney after those parks close. We arrive early and leave late so all told I get 3ish days at Disney but was hoping the crowds would be lower so I can get as much done as possible. (I made a list of the things I'd really like to do in each park, things that that I'd do if I have the time, and things I wouldn't do even if I had the time... shockingly, Stitch made that list ;))
not all. and they are taking away nighttime ones more than morning. They reduced them by a LOT. Almost every park was closed by 8 this tear, epcot at 9. Just check the hours before you go. I think Sunday and friday had some decent emh, but the rest of the week had less emh than we have been used to!

bubbles1812

not all. and they are taking away nighttime ones more than morning. They reduced them by a LOT. Almost every park was closed by 8 this tear, epcot at 9. Just check the hours before you go. I think Sunday and friday had some decent emh, but the rest of the week had less emh than we have been used to!
Yeah, I have the schedule of all the different hours for each park written down in a little notebook I intend to take with. The weekends do but I'd agree... less than they used to. Sigh. Hoping the EMH will be worth my while. I've noticed that people have said it's less of a value because it now gets so crowded during EMH that it can be hard to get anything done but hoping the lower crowds as a whole will help with that.

Cindee75

We hope to avoid crowds by going mid November or early December. We went at the end of September 2011. We loved it but my DH found it a little too hot. Hoping for less 90's in the weather by going later fall.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We hope to avoid crowds by going mid November or early December. We went at the end of September 2011. We loved it but my DH found it a little too hot. Hoping for less 90's in the weather by going later fall.
Sept. is still plenty hot. We went mid-Sept 2012 it was quite hot then, and humid, but hey, it's Fla.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom