Avengers Infinity War SPOILER Filled Thread

Disney Analyst

latest

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::bawling::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::angelic::angelic::angelic:

EricsBiscuit

Movie starts:
Me: "Okay, so Thanos is the bad guy."

Thanos reveals his master plan, and why he wants to carry it out:
Me: (Thinking about a lot of the global and economic problems facing the world today)
"Okay, so how exactly is Thanos a bad guy???"

Seriously, folks. He's got it figured out. He's got it figured out better than anyone. This has to be the greatest, hardest-to-root-against villain I've ever watched. (Minus the way he treats his daughters... That was a d*ck move).
No he doesn't. Thanos has clearly never taken an economics class. When there is a high density of people, people have less kids. They also come up with brighter ideas when in higher densities. So for example, our human population on earth's growth will continue to plateau over the next 100~ years.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No he doesn't. Thanos has clearly never taken an economics class. When there is a high density of people, people have less kids. They also come up with brighter ideas when in higher densities. So for example, our human population on earth's growth will continue to plateau over the next 100~ years.

He could have doubled the number of all the inhabitable planets and the amount of all resources rather then halving total population... or even quadrupled it.... jus' sayin'...

Mike S

He could have doubled the number of all the inhabitable planets and the amount of all resources rather then halving total population... or even quadrupled it.... jus' sayin'...
If he did that he wouldn’t be a bad guy now would he? Marvel seems to have gotten into the habit of writing villains with an overall good intention but a terrible way of going about it this year.

Princess Leia

If he did that he wouldn’t be a bad guy now would he? Marvel seems to have gotten into the habit of writing villains with an overall good intention but a terrible way of going about it this year.
Should be interesting to see how the Ant-Man villain is written then. I know absolutely nothing about Ghost, other than in the comics, it’s a man, and in this movie it’s a woman.

EricsBiscuit

Ant Man is another thing that makes no sense. When he shrinks objects the mass doesn't change so the density skyrockets. Thus, most of the cool tricks we see him do are impossible unless he has superhuman strength.

erasure fan1

Ant Man is another thing that makes no sense. When he shrinks objects the mass doesn't change so the density skyrockets. Thus, most of the cool tricks we see him do are impossible unless he has superhuman strength.
Well unfortunately They take some liberties with that whole thing. Hank wouldn't be able to lift the keychain with the tank on it or how do they walk around with a building like a briefcase? I just try not to think about it.

Princess Leia

4 weeks later, and people are still mad at Chris Pratt/ Star-Lord. A couple of decent articles in defense of Star-Lord, and how his decision was in character.

Also, the second (from Screen Rant) mentions a script change- The Russos initially had Quill unable to pull the trigger on Gamora, but James Gunn and Pratt argued against it. This is why it's important for directors to know their characters (the Russos know Cap, Falcon, and Widow, but had no knowledge of any of the Guardians)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidi...inity-war-was-totally-justified/#2752cef641cd
https://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-star-lord-hate-unfair/

Mike S

4 weeks later, and people are still mad at Chris Pratt/ Star-Lord. A couple of decent articles in defense of Star-Lord, and how his decision was in character.

Also, the second (from Screen Rant) mentions a script change- The Russos initially had Quill unable to pull the trigger on Gamora, but James Gunn and Pratt argued against it. This is why it's important for directors to know their characters (the Russos know Cap, Falcon, and Widow, but had no knowledge of any of the Guardians)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidi...inity-war-was-totally-justified/#2752cef641cd
https://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-star-lord-hate-unfair/
No, this is why it’s important that directors listen to other people than themselves. It’s fine if they didn’t know Star Lord but it’s great they listened to the people that do.

Princess Leia

The Russos are stating that sequels for Black Panther, Guardians, and Doctor Strange may take place before IW... and I kind of wish they'd stop playing coy. There are many interviews out there with actors accidentally spoiling one thing or another, we know the snap victims are coming back.

Wendy Pleakley

The Russos are stating that sequels for Black Panther, Guardians, and Doctor Strange may take place before IW... and I kind of wish they'd stop playing coy. There are many interviews out there with actors accidentally spoiling one thing or another, we know the snap victims are coming back.

I find it odd that some people see the announced sequels to Spider-Man, Black Panther, etc. as some sort of spoiler that reveals the characters are coming back.

Did anyone really think Marvel would eliminate half of its characters? Of course they wouldn't. Not to mention Sony still controls the Spider-Man movie rights and is obviously planning sequels.

The question at the end of Infinity War is not "is Spider-Man dead?", the question is "how will Spider-Man come back?".

Princess Leia

I find it odd that some people see the announced sequels to Spider-Man, Black Panther, etc. as some sort of spoiler that reveals the characters are coming back.

Did anyone really think Marvel would eliminate half of its characters? Of course they wouldn't. Not to mention Sony still controls the Spider-Man movie rights and is obviously planning sequels.

The question at the end of Infinity War is not "is Spider-Man dead?", the question is "how will Spider-Man come back?".
I mean, I thought the characters eliminated would be of the Steve Rogers/Tony Stark variety... which I'm pretty sure we'll see in the next movie instead (at least one of them isn't going to make it).

spacemt354

Chili's
I could see Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 (or whatever they call it) taking place before Avengers: Infinity War, similar to how Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place before Avengers: Infinity War.

Because you can't market Spider-Man without spoiling events of Avengers 4, and given their May 2019 and July 2019 release dates, to me it feels like they're better off making it a prequel. Guardians 2 takes place only a few months after Guardians 1, and then a 4 year time-jump until you see them in Infinity War, so they have experience releasing films out of the MCU timeline order before.

Not saying every character snapped won't return - but for marketing sake it makes sense for Homecoming 2 to be a prequel to IW.

Princess Leia

I could see Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 (or whatever they call it) taking place before Avengers: Infinity War, similar to how Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place before Avengers: Infinity War.

Because you can't market Spider-Man without spoiling events of Avengers 4, and given their May 2019 and July 2019 release dates, to me it feels like they're better off making it a prequel. Guardians 2 takes place only a few months after Guardians 1, and then a 4 year time-jump until you see them in Infinity War, so they have experience releasing films out of the MCU timeline order before.

Not saying every character snapped won't return - but for marketing sake it makes sense for Homecoming 2 to be a prequel to IW.
It’d make sense... but all interviews point to it not happening that way.

Guardians 3 is probably the one that would fit the best as a prequel, but Adam Warlock gets in the way of that

spacemt354

Chili's
It’d make sense... but all interviews point to it not happening that way.

Guardians 3 is probably the one that would fit the best as a prequel, but Adam Warlock gets in the way of that
Not all interviews. Russos just contradicted it saying they might not all be after Infinity War. If it is after IW I am very curious how they would market the Spidey sequel. Just seems much easier to go the Ant-Man and the Wasp route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom