Avengers Infinity War SPOILER Filled Thread

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
He's not the "bad guy"... he's the "crazy guy with all the Infinity Stones who does a bad thing."
This is a tough one because in the comics he was snapping the universe in half to impress his girl friend death. MCU tweaked it and gave him a “noble” purpose but has him going about it in the wrong way.

Bairstow

Additional sad revelation: upon watching the film again, Rocket's earlier conversation with Thor where Thor tearfully bucks up, saying he's got nothing left to lose, and Rocket grumbles, "Me personally, I could lose a lot," plays a lot differently once you know this. When I saw the movie the first time, Rocket's muttering got a small laugh because everyone assumed he's thinking about his guns or souvenirs or his own hide, but watching it again it appears he was thinking about Groot.

Princess Leia

Additional sad revelation: upon watching the film again, Rocket's earlier conversation with Thor where Thor tearfully bucks up, saying he's got nothing left to lose, and Rocket grumbles, "Me personally, I could lose a lot," plays a lot differently once you know this. When I saw the movie the first time, Rocket's muttering got a small laugh because everyone assumed he's thinking about his guns or souvenirs or his own hide, but watching it again it appears he was thinking about Groot.
Groot and the rest of his team/adopted family. Poor Rocket ends the movie only knowing that Groot has faded away, he has no idea about Quill, Gamora, Mantis, and Drax.

Bairstow

Finally got a chance to see this. Why didn’t Doctor Strange just cut off Thanos’ arm? The beginning of the movie established that his portals can sever limbs.

It shows they're able to close the portals with living things are inside them, but doesn't show them opening them on living things.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

I know this would be incredibly depressing, but at Comic Con this year, I really hope the Marvel panel has an “In Memorium” video like Game of Thrones does every year. Really would help everyone get in the mood for the discussion lol

Anyways, I’m assuming that’s when they’ll announce the Avengers 4 title.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know this would be incredibly depressing, but at Comic Con this year, I really hope the Marvel panel has an “In Memorium” video like Game of Thrones does every year. Really would help everyone get in the mood for the discussion lol

Anyways, I’m assuming that’s when they’ll announce the Avengers 4 title.

It'd be pretty long honoring several billion trillion beings.

LSLS

So to add to the kids discussion. Took my daughter to it this week. She is 5, but is a really mature kid. I simply reminded her it's just a movie before we went (FYI, her favorite is Scarlet Witch, followed shortly by Black Widow). We walked out of that, and she said she loved it. She said it's now her 3rd favorite movie. Still blown away by how well done that movie was.

Princess Leia

So to add to the kids discussion. Took my daughter to it this week. She is 5, but is a really mature kid. I simply reminded her it's just a movie before we went (FYI, her favorite is Scarlet Witch, followed shortly by Black Widow). We walked out of that, and she said she loved it. She said it's now her 3rd favorite movie. Still blown away by how well done that movie was.
Your daughter has good taste in her favorite characters :)

LSLS

Your daughter has good taste in her favorite characters :)

Haha, it goes back to what you talked about a while ago, the girls gravitating to the girl superheros. Though she does really like Thor cause I look like him (long blonde hair and beard). But she wasn't broken up in the least about Scarlet Witch. Not sure if it's cause she didn't fully grasp it (though she completely understood the snap), or because she is able to put it in the context of being a movie and just for entertainment. I half worried she may be upset about it (though like I said, she's been into stuff above her age for a while. She was obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas when she was like 3), but she was super happy and excited after it. She's already talking about Captain Marvel and Avengers 4. All I know is I'm glad I got her into something not involving Princesses :D

Princess Leia

Haha, it goes back to what you talked about a while ago, the girls gravitating to the girl superheros. Though she does really like Thor cause I look like him (long blonde hair and beard). But she wasn't broken up in the least about Scarlet Witch. Not sure if it's cause she didn't fully grasp it (though she completely understood the snap), or because she is able to put it in the context of being a movie and just for entertainment. I half worried she may be upset about it (though like I said, she's been into stuff above her age for a while. She was obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas when she was like 3), but she was super happy and excited after it. She's already talking about Captain Marvel and Avengers 4. All I know is I'm glad I got her into something not involving Princesses :D
Omg, I have little cousins (they're my cousin's kids, so like first cousins once removed) who are obsessed with Nightmare. They're 4 and 2 now, but for Halloween last year they were Sally and Zero. The 4 year old absolutely loves anything with skulls on it... but thinks Darth Vader is scary.

I would really like Disney/Marvel to make some sort of toy line in the vein of Star Wars: Forces of Destiny. I think that dolls/action figures of Okoye, Nakia, Shuri, Valkyrie, Natasha, Gamora, Mantis, Wanda, and Hope (and eventually Carol) would probably do well in the sales department, Disney just needs to make them.

Mike S

Just finally caught this film. I see this thread as my support group.
latest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom