Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I was wrong about beating Avatar's record... I thought it'd go much further!!

And the CineScore is in: A+, which typically means the movie will make 4.8 times it's opening weekend.
Opening week, before this weekend's Fri-Sun is added in...

View attachment 369217

If this has the typical 50% drop off of most movies week after week, then it will clock in at $3.5B.

But I don't think it will be typical.

Endgame probably didn't follow the usual metrics because its first week was front-loaded as a societal event.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So I was wrong about beating Avatar's record... I thought it'd go much further!!

Endgame probably didn't follow the usual metrics because its first week was front-loaded as a societal event.
Numbers are a good indicator.

But they don’t always tell the whole story. I feel like that can be said about 1000x and not lose it’s effectiveness.

When I saw it, I loved it...but at the same time the time travel story felt rushed and they had too much to do. Too many moving pieces. So I didn’t think a 3 hour movie with that much going haywire was gonna make $3.5 billion.

What I laud - another teachable moment - is that they recognized that “fan service” is needed when it is needed and they did that. And while it was chaos...the captain America ending - in particular for me - gave a sense of closure and an important end note that most Hollywood whizz bangs just skip altogether. Emotional grounding with character emphasis.

Character endures...scenery fades.

I’m sure its just a marvel thing, huh? 😉

Last edited:

erasure fan1

is that they recognized that “fan service” is needed when it is needed and they did that.
Too many people think fan service is a bad thing. I'm so happy endgame was so successful because, like you said, fan service is needed at times, and it's doesn't always mean it's lazy. The lady across the hall could really learn a few things from Feige and crew.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Too many people think fan service is a bad thing. I'm so happy endgame was so successful because, like you said, fan service is needed at times, and it's doesn't always mean it's lazy. The lady across the hall could really learn a few things from Feige and crew.
She’s in San Francisco...and I have little doubt she spends most of her time still picking up dry cleaning for Spielberg

Wendy Pleakley

Happy digital release day! Will be doing a double feature with Infinity War. Will be interesting to see how the two movies play back to back.

Yeah, I re-watched Infinity War over the weekend. Will it feel more like one big movie, or two distinct experiences?

My favourite parts of the movie were when Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, and Starlord were sharing the screen. Great chemistry between all of those actors.

Part of me is disappointed that Endgame didn't give us more of that, but I'm simultaneously glad it didn't just give us more of the same.

Darkprime

Yeah, I re-watched Infinity War over the weekend. Will it feel more like one big movie, or two distinct experiences?

My favourite parts of the movie were when Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, and Starlord were sharing the screen. Great chemistry between all of those actors.

Part of me is disappointed that Endgame didn't give us more of that, but I'm simultaneously glad it didn't just give us more of the same.

Feige described them as two separate and very distinct movies each with their own clear cut ending but were still obviously connected thats why they removed the whole part 1 and part 2 thing. Infinity War was more a heist film and Endgame is more an action drama. Two distinct films with their own elements but obviously with connective tissue. Think of it more like a traditional sequel like Winter Soldier > Civil War. Civil War can technically be seen as a second part of the story that started in Winter Soldier but they dont specifically call it Winter Soldier: Part 2.

Tony Perkis

Man, the Blu-ray extras for endgame kinda stink. A few weren't bad but they were only about 5min each. I thought I had read they had shot all sorts of extra footage but the deleted scenes were not very good. The movie was still crazy awesome though.
I loved the Director’s Roundtable special on Infinity War, so I agree. The specials are a bit trash.

Deleted scenes to me are always a waste. I much more enjoy non-promotional behind the scenes docs.

erasure fan1

I loved the Director’s Roundtable special on Infinity War, so I agree. The specials are a bit trash.

Deleted scenes to me are always a waste. I much more enjoy non-promotional behind the scenes docs.
When they rolled out Taika on an ipad that was awesome. I agree on deleted scenes for the most part. But I like seeing some of the story beats they left out. This Blu-ray screams Disney + endgame documentary.

Wendy Pleakley

The movie does have a commentary at least, which is a substantial extra. Aside from a few too many "this actor is so amazing!" comments, it's pretty informative.

At the end of the day, this movie will sell like crazy no matter what, so there's no incentive for Disney to spend money on extras. One of the downsides of the Disney purchase I guess. Pre-Disney, Marvel could do extras "just because". The first Iron Man has an extensive documentary, they used to to extra short films, etc.

Anders Limpar

I just rewatched the movie this past week. Only saw it once in the theaters. In the scene where they are suited up are preparing to go into the quantum realm to get the stones, there is a newer Stones song playing. I didn't pick up on this the first time I watched the movie. Brilliant. Haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom