Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

PostScott

I mean I'm sure its put on hold for the next few years but it has to happen. The research and development time and money will be wasted if they already did it for a perfectly good E-ticket. I can't honestly think that it would cost less money for research and development for an entirely new attraction, and then the construction that attraction, would cost would be less than what they had in mind already.

Plus, the land needs an E-ticket and the park really needs it.

lazyboy97o

I mean I'm sure its put on hold for the next few years but it has to happen. The research and development time and money will be wasted if they already did it for a perfectly good E-ticket. I can't honestly think that it would cost less money for research and development for an entirely new attraction, and then the construction that attraction, would cost would be less than what they had in mind already.

Plenty of attractions have been cancelled well into the design process. Given when work was really supposed to start it was probably around the middle of the process.

Disneylover152

The thing is, they know DCA is fine. Before Marvel opened there wasn't a problem with the park for an average day guest. There are enough E-tickets to satisfy guests, there is really good food, great entertainment, festivals for part of the year, and there's a guest favorite nighttime spectacular at night. And APs don't spend all day in DCA anyway. I know that we all have a variety of opinions on DCA, but we are not the target audience. The point is that the average guest, since 2012, has been satisfied with their day at DCA prior to Avengers.

Really the only point of Avengers Campus is to add Marvel to the resort. And Avengers Campus Phase 1, while underwhelming, will do that. It will give more merchandise sales, it will add a much-needed family attraction to this park, and it will have some great entertainment. And that is enough. Disney doesn't need this E-ticket to achieve its goals of making money and featuring Marvel in the resort. Will the land benefit from an E-ticket? Yes. But do they need one to achieve their bottom line? Not at all.

As for research and development, there are countless attractions that went through much much more development and got canned (Western River Expedition, Discovery Bay, so many Epcot pavilions, Beastly Kingdom). They aren't afraid of canning an attraction because they know that for as much money they have spent on research and development, they would spend quadruple to actually build the attraction.

If the land doesn't meet their expectations or performs poorly 5 years from now, we might see this Avengers E-ticket resurrected. But they don't necessarily need to build this now and they really don't have the money. If they don't have the money to finish building TRON in Walt Disney World, which is already 3/4 done, they don't have the money to build an entirely new E-ticket attraction from the ground up.

That's just my thoughts and a very long rant 😂 😂. Feel free to comment if you disagree.

PostScott

The thing is, they know DCA is fine. Before Marvel opened there wasn't a problem with the park for an average day guest. There are enough E-tickets to satisfy guests, there is really good food, great entertainment, festivals for part of the year, and there's a guest favorite nighttime spectacular at night. And APs don't spend all day in DCA anyway. I know that we all have a variety of opinions on DCA, but we are not the target audience. The point is that the average guest, since 2012, has been satisfied with their day at DCA prior to Avengers.

Really the only point of Avengers Campus is to add Marvel to the resort. And Avengers Campus Phase 1, while underwhelming, will do that. It will give more merchandise sales, it will add a much-needed family attraction to this park, and it will have some great entertainment. And that is enough. Disney doesn't need this E-ticket to achieve its goals of making money and featuring Marvel in the resort. Will the land benefit from an E-ticket? Yes. But do they need one to achieve their bottom line? Not at all.

As for research and development, there are countless attractions that went through much much more development and got canned (Western River Expedition, Discovery Bay, so many Epcot pavilions, Beastly Kingdom). They aren't afraid of canning an attraction because they know that for as much money they have spent on research and development, they would spend quadruple to actually build the attraction.

If the land doesn't meet their expectations or performs poorly 5 years from now, we might see this Avengers E-ticket resurrected. But they don't necessarily need to build this now and they really don't have the money. If they don't have the money to finish building TRON in Walt Disney World, which is already 3/4 done, they don't have the money to build an entirely new E-ticket attraction from the ground up.

That's just my thoughts and a very long rant 😂 😂. Feel free to comment if you disagree.
... I mean you aren't wrong. I guess the worst outcome is them rushing through it and producing a mediocre job because of budget constraints like GE. (Not saying GE is mediocre but compared to what they promised? Yeah it definitely is)

smooch

I assumed this ride would be shelved / delayed / cancelled / etc. a long time ago, sadly. The land was supposed to be open already, DLR isn't open like 7+ months into the pandemic with no opening in sight, and like others have said projects with much more work done are being put on hold. I don't know if I'm necessarily sad with this specific attraction being lost, the concept sounds interesting I guess but seeing the concept art / explanation it just sounds like it would be a Flight of Passage type system, but instead of being on Banshee Bikes in a row it would be you sitting in a jet pack chair with smaller individual arms attaching to each seat to give everyone a "separate" experience, at least that's my own sort of conclusion as a possible system for what was ever described. I don't see them doing anything unless it's Marvel (or maybe possibly Cars depending where the expansion pad is in relation to Cars Land) but I would be interested to see if they do eventually pull this idea back or just go with something new they develop in the future. It'll be a very long time until we do get the new E-Ticket in DCA, they have so many things they need to finish in Disneyland first.

I am genuinely really worried about the Disney Parks for the next few years, even after the pandemic is (hopefully) eventually managed and restrictions are no longer in place I have a feeling the experience in the parks will be lesser due to budget cuts, and that additions to the parks will be far and few between and be lower quality due to wanting to spend less money. We won't know for sure until things begin to change back to normal, or to a new normal, or whatever, but I am very sad that there's a good chance I won't be able to get the full, genuine Disney Park experience for a long time and by that I mean all the entertainment options, extra little things that are probably gonna be cut for costs, the loss of 28k employees some of which have been working with Disney for years / over a decade that had genuine passion for the company who are just gone and won't be able to make magic for guests anymore.

Stevek

I assumed this ride would be shelved / delayed / cancelled / etc. a long time ago, sadly. The land was supposed to be open already, DLR isn't open like 7+ months into the pandemic with no opening in sight, and like others have said projects with much more work done are being put on hold. I don't know if I'm necessarily sad with this specific attraction being lost, the concept sounds interesting I guess but seeing the concept art / explanation it just sounds like it would be a Flight of Passage type system, but instead of being on Banshee Bikes in a row it would be you sitting in a jet pack chair with smaller individual arms attaching to each seat to give everyone a "separate" experience, at least that's my own sort of conclusion as a possible system for what was ever described. I don't see them doing anything unless it's Marvel (or maybe possibly Cars depending where the expansion pad is in relation to Cars Land) but I would be interested to see if they do eventually pull this idea back or just go with something new they develop in the future. It'll be a very long time until we do get the new E-Ticket in DCA, they have so many things they need to finish in Disneyland first.

I am genuinely really worried about the Disney Parks for the next few years, even after the pandemic is (hopefully) eventually managed and restrictions are no longer in place I have a feeling the experience in the parks will be lesser due to budget cuts, and that additions to the parks will be far and few between and be lower quality due to wanting to spend less money. We won't know for sure until things begin to change back to normal, or to a new normal, or whatever, but I am very sad that there's a good chance I won't be able to get the full, genuine Disney Park experience for a long time and by that I mean all the entertainment options, extra little things that are probably gonna be cut for costs, the loss of 28k employees some of which have been working with Disney for years / over a decade that had genuine passion for the company who are just gone and won't be able to make magic for guests anymore.
Maybe lesser than what we are used to but still superior to what other parks offer maybe? Maybe the silver lining in all of this is that many folks will start to appreciate Disneyland for what it really is and not treat it like a visit to the mall.

mickEblu

I share your pessimism but I also have to wonder how slammed DLR will be (if and when) the restrictions are finally lifted and you have a bunch of bored Disneyland fans starving for entertainment. Well I guess slammed is the wrong word as their will probably be capacity restrictions for the next couple years at least. At the very least the demand will be there... but that won’t matter when you re capping capacity at 25%. Like you said, for them to make a profit or at least the type of profit they want a lot will need to be cut. Things won’t be back to normal until probably a year or two after all the capacity restrictions are lifted. With that said there are two sides to this coin. My bro in law and sister are at WDW right now and did all 4 parks in 4 days, went on all of the headliners (some more then once) and basically waited in no lines. I’d be ok missing out on entertainment to be in a park that’s not slammed with shorter lines. Just walking around the PARK (it still feels like one when it’s not slammed) and enjoying it on a pleasant day with low crowds makes me happier than any one ride or parade can.

Last edited:

smooch

I share your pessimism but I also have to wonder how slammed DLR will be (if and when) the restrictions are finally lifted and you have a bunch of bored Disneyland fans starving for entertainment. Well I guess slammed is the wrong word as their will probably be capacity restrictions for the next couple years at least. At the very least the demand will be there... but that won’t matter when you re capping capacity at 25%. Like you said, for them to make a profit or at least the type of profit they want a lot will need to be cut. Things won’t be back to normal until probably a year or two after all the capacity restrictions are lifted. With that said there are two sides to this coin. My bro in law and sister are at WDW right now and did all 4 parks in 4 days, went on all of the headliners (some more then once) and basically waited in no lines. I’d be ok missing out on entertainment to be in a park that’s not slammed with shorter lines. Just walking around the PARK (it still feels like one when it’s not slammed) and enjoying it on a pleasant day with low crowds makes me happier than any one ride or parade can.
That's a good point too. I don't typically watch the shows, I'll watch the fireworks once a trip and then catch glimpses of street parades during the day, but I love the ambiance / atmosphere of the parks and the rides. When WDW opened initially and it was still basically a ghost town in the parks I was so jealous of anyone who was there, I'd love to experience the parks like that. I've been to DLR like one time where it was pretty empty and it was incredible. I would love to be able to go to DLR and do all my favorite rides (some multiple) and still be able to walk around slowly and enjoy the park. I usually have to rush from ride to ride with minimal slow strolls / extra experiences if I'm with family as they care more about the rides. I went once with a group of Disney Park fan friends and we rode everything we wanted and still had time to go on some extra rides we didn't plan for, walk through the castle, go to the DCA animation experience, etc. It's incredible how so many people don't realize you shouldn't rush from ride to ride and instead focus on the in between. Look at all the details and relax.

tl77

Construction is on hold, but Marvel Movies are on hold now too... with the money they've invested in Marvel I imagine it will be back eventually, and if the people in Disneyland really got to have a Runaway Railway, maybe ship the one from Hollywood Studios out there and Make The Movie Ride Great Again?

Disneylover152

Construction is on hold, but Marvel Movies are on hold now too... with the money they've invested in Marvel I imagine it will be back eventually, and if the people in Disneyland really got to have a Runaway Railway, maybe ship the one from Hollywood Studios out there and Make The Movie Ride Great Again?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing somewhere that the reason Runaway Railway is still going through is that when they made the Florida version, they made duplicates of all the set pieces and props for an eventual second version of the attraction in either Paris or California.

CM.X777

Original Poster

The Marvel movies aren't on hold? Shang-Chi just wrap principle photography, Thor 4 is getting ready to start shooting, and Spider-Man 3 is about to start filming. Also the Disney + shows also resumed production.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Everything you say is reasonable...but...

Plenty of attractions have been cancelled well into the design process. Given when work was really supposed to start it was probably around the middle of the process.

This is where the management philosophy is 👆🏻
IF I had to put money on it...this is where it would be.

... I mean you aren't wrong. I guess the worst outcome is them rushing through it and producing a mediocre job because of budget constraints like GE. (Not saying GE is mediocre but compared to what they promised? Yeah it definitely is)
Boy...if that ain’t the truth.

fctiger

Others said it, not surprised it's on hold or delayed. But I really don't think its outright cancelled. The fact is eventually Disney is going to have to make another big ride. It may not be in the next few years as hoped but my guess is it will happen if A. The Marvel movies stay crazy popular and B. They need to find a big draw in the next few years.

It's kind of depressing we all know DCA 20th anniversary is just in a few months but like DL 65th, there is a huge chance now it will be close during this time. Maybe things will be better by then but now four months seems like nothing knowing we stand now. But I imagined that if everything went as it was suppose to go they were probably going to announce the date that day of when the ride would've opened as AC would've been operating for 7 months by then. Maybe not, but possible. Now, not at all. Man this year truly blows.

lazyboy97o

Others said it, not surprised it's on hold or delayed. But I really don't think its outright cancelled. The fact is eventually Disney is going to have to make another big ride. It may not be in the next few years as hoped but my guess is it will happen if A. The Marvel movies stay crazy popular and B. They need to find a big draw in the next few years.
Disney is incredibly indecisive. While something may eventually be built there is a good chance whoever is in charge then will have no interest in committing to someone else’s project.

Disneylover152

It's kind of depressing we all know DCA 20th anniversary is just in a few months but like DL 65th, there is a huge chance now it will be close during this time. Maybe things will be better by then but now four months seems like nothing knowing we stand now. But I imagined that if everything went as it was suppose to go they were probably going to announce the date that day of when the ride would've opened as AC would've been operating for 7 months by then. Maybe not, but possible. Now, not at all. Man this year truly blows.
They are cancelling something as cheap and simple as a carousel in Epcot because they don't have money.

They have enough draw for at least the next 5 years. Avengers Campus Phase 1 and Runaway Railway will be enough draw, not to mention the brand new Star Wars ride that not many had the chance to ride.

Plus, with Disneyland's AP based guests, if they are desperate for a draw, the return of Paint the Night or switching the films out in Soarin' will give just as much of a draw for around $200million less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom