Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

the_rich

I totally get what you're saying. I think people who watched shows like The Super Hero Squad Show or who read the comics are way more familiar with the Marvel Pantheon than the average person who likes Spider Man or who casually watches Marvel movies. I just hope that Disney recognizes the success of Shang Chi and invests in other parts of the catalog, because we could have some seriously amazing results.
I think they are. I mean we're getting eternals, moon knight, Iron heart, Ms. Marvel, etc

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Disney would be foolish to not build an avengers attraction. Though it's a matter of the theme and where it would take place. For what it's worth, Jim Hill said the ride was on hold due to Chadwick Boseman's death as the ride would have been heavily Wakanda focused. I am more curious to see what other places they could choose from in the MCU. Maybe Asgard as it would more than likely be set in an alternate timeline where Ragnarok did not happen. Any other thoughts on the theme and where it would take place?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney would be foolish to not build an avengers attraction. Though it's a matter of the theme and where it would take place. For what it's worth, Jim Hill said the ride was on hold due to Chadwick Boseman's death as the ride would have been heavily Wakanda focused. I am more curious to see what other places they could choose from in the MCU. Maybe Asgard as it would more than likely be set in an alternate timeline where Ragnarok did not happen. Any other thoughts on the theme and where it would take place?
…Yeah but he makes stuff up

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I thought the E-ticket was the Quinjet somethingorother. Not sure what if anything that has to do with Black Panther. I do think a Wakanda themed ride would be the better attraction though. But even if it were "on hold" due to Boseman's death I don't see why they couldn't work around it. Honor him in someway within the attraction.

I call bunk.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I thought the E-ticket was the Quinjet somethingorother. Not sure what if anything that has to do with Black Panther. I do think a Wakanda themed attraction would be the better attraction. But even if it were "on hold" due to Boseman's death I don't see why they couldn't work around it. Honor him in someway within the attraction.

I call bunk.
It was definitely a “team” quinjet simulator

millennium falcon…in other words

but they could have used heavy wakanda…it’s in line with a move they’d make

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It was definitely a “team” quintet simulator
I never understood that. Why do it? Then you have to pay the cast of A-lister actors. GotG... Avengers... Eternals... Lot of $$$. Such a weird way to go about it. Putting the actors within the attraction instantly ages it. It puts a clock on the attraction. A clock that will no doubt be stopped when/if something happens to said actor(s) at a later date. It just doesn't make sense financially (the cost to pay them) or practically (down the road should something happen... a death, a criminal act, a bad tweet, negative press, aged out, etc) Imagineering will have to rework it like what is already being planned with RnRC. At least with Rise over in Star Wars Park™ theres' a few "outs" should they decide to drop the actors from the attraction. Not sure if the same applies to Webslingers and the GotG Coaster.

Having the Avengers cast or any Marvel cast assembled for video footage just seems like a cop-out anyway.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I never understood that. Why do it? Then you have to pay the cast of A-lister actors. GotG... Avengers... Eternals... Lot of $$$. Such a weird way to go about it. Putting the actors within the attraction instantly ages it. It puts a clock on the attraction. A clock that will no doubt be stopped when/if something happens to said actor(s) at a later date. It just doesn't make sense financially (the cost to pay them) or practically (down the road should something happen... a death, a criminal act, a bad tweet, negative press, aged out, etc) Imagineering will have to rework it like what is already being planned with RnRC. At least with Rise over in Star Wars Park™ theres' a few "outs" should they decide to drop the actors from the attraction. Not sure if the same applies to Webslingers and the GotG Coaster.

Having the Avengers cast or any Marvel cast assembled for video footage just seems like a cop-out anyway.
We’ve seen worse…

how bout half a billion on a ride based on movies that were collapsing at the box office 18-24 months before the ride opened?

Ryan120420

A Wakanda ride without Chadwick would be awful. Give him a statue in the campus as Black Panther. That would be honest and more impactful.

He can still be in the ride.

CGI has proven that it easily bring people back from the dead for movies.

The Avengers E-ticket is going to be a screen-based ride so If Paul Walker and Carrie Fisher can still be in movies after their deaths there is no reason why Chadwick Boseman couldn't be in a new ride.

celluloid

The Avengers E-ticket is going to be a screen-based ride so If Paul Walker and Carrie Fisher can still be in movies after their deaths there is no reason why Chadwick Boseman couldn't be in a new ride.

That tech is going to have to come down a little bit in order for it to not be as costly for a theme park ride, their budgets are not as high as movies. More than likely they would just get a sound alike impersonator and have the character in costume.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
That tech is going to have to come down a little bit in order for it to not be as costly for a theme park ride, their budgets are not as high as movies. More than likely they would just get a sound alike impersonator and have the character in costume.
Deepfakes have proven successful. It's not only cheaper but also more believable than CGI in most instances. The copy and paste of Rod Sterling is still Disney's gold standard. They could do it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Screen based really aren’t “e-ticket”…but the standards can’t be open for debate at all times

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom