Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Giss Neric

I just hope this won't be like Galaxy's Edge again where a ride (Hagrids) overshadowed an entire land (pre-ROTR). This definitely needs more hype. Posting pictures of the land ain't enough. At least post teasers on the spidey struntronic robot or the activities in the land. All I see aside from the spidey ride and Pym Test Kitchen are a bunch of instagrammable areas.

TP2000

Back on the rails ....
Is there a another E-ticket going into this area at a later date? A clone of the not yet built Hong Kong attraction? Was it a coaster? A test track or the Pandora flying theater?

Yes. There was supposed to be an E Ticket already under construction just to the southwest of Mission Breakout by now. Covid derailed that, and we don't know when construction will start. But pre-Covid, WDI even released some artwork that showed the massive ride warehouse building for the E Ticket just to the south of the existing facade that has already been built inside the land.

The big gray box in the background is the ride warehouse where this allegedly "Mega E Ticket" will reside. Mission Breakout would be to the immediate left in this image, just out of frame. Cars Land would be a bit to the right, just out of frame.

avengers-e-ticket-concept-art-1-1-1024x468.jpg

TDA has been teasing this big new ride for years, with fits and starts and the typical sclerotic and neurotic business planning that Burbank and TDA are well known for. Most hilariously, and most failingly, TDA tried to get some "viral" buzz going on this ride during the extra-cost ticketed AP preview for Mission: Breakout back in May, 2017. During the party and preview event for Mission: Breakout they had a fake hazmat setup and a big black Chevy Suburban parked in the street where the Red Car Trolley parks, with actors pretending to be secret men in black guys trying to contain the mysterious situation going on inside a plastic hazmat tent with spooky lighting. There were flashing police lights, fog machines, creepy sound effects, the works. And for several hours during the preview party absolutely no one cared because everyone at the event was focused on the fun new Mission: Breakout, the reason they had bought tickets to the event in the first place.

Then, to rub salt in their own wound, TDA placed a weird manhole cover/hatch thing in the planter west of Mission Breakout where their fake hazmat situation had been acted out during the ticketed party. When it was finally noticed a few weeks after Mission Breakout opened, it mostly got a giant "that looks cheesy" shrug from the fandom. It didn't help that this allegedly creepy and unknown Avengers branded hatch was beautifully landscaped and surrounded by fresh mulch and young springtime landscaping by the Disneyland Horticulture department, making it look even less edgy-viral and more like sterilized corporate cheese. 🤣

Avengers Campus, Presented by Miracle-Gro
avengers-hatch-at-disney-california-adventure.jpg

They were desperate for this thing to go viral. Desperate!

It was a giant fail of a fake viral attempt, as all pre-planned corporate attempts at "going viral" always are. :rolleyes:

That's how Marvel Land embarrassingly started in 2017. It should be interesting to see how the first phase actually turns out in 2021.

Last edited:

J4546

i quickly drew this up in ms paint, what the hollywood land expansion could be. Think of it as CA version of fantasyland filled with darkrides that are all in old theater facades. Sunset BLVD is now Broadway and the streets are lined with 1930s cityscape aesthetics and facade work with neon ornate theater marquees where the entrances to rides are. This quick picture also has the hyperion theater moved south a bit to make a new road and place for train maintenence building behind trolley station facade. I fit 6 smaller dark rides from old school fantasy land sized to pooh/mermaid sized and 1 major e ticket about the size of indiana jones building. Again, the entire area is themed like 1930 broadway blvd with beautiful neon theater signs. Small food option with outdoor seating as seen by green area. imagine adding 7 rides to CA in one major expansion haha.

Attachments

• hollywoodland1.jpg
    hollywoodland1.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 142

J4546

heres a close up of hyperion relocation. yellow boxes indicate tunnel entrances that take you under theater exit zone into backstage, no need to ever close the streets. Theater exit loading zone marked by green is mildy themed with remains of stark industries building that once stood before collectors ship showed up and vaporized it. also give the edge of hyperion closest to GotG and burnt look as well to reinforce disturbance made by collector. entance to new theater on corner marked by yellow circle

New roundabout with fountain

trolley maintenance building is hidden behind trolley station facade and new train tracks directly to hollywoodland. no more tracks in avengers campus.

then of course new dark ride buildings all themed like ornate old broadway blvd theater like i mentioned in earlier post...

Attachments

• hlclose1.jpg
    hlclose1.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 87

waltography

Not the point of the article, but I didn't realize PYM Test Kitchen was sponsored by Impossible! That's very cool.

The costumes for the most part look nice. Not completely sold on the WEB ones though - they look more like clothing you'd find at the land gift shop - but it does fit the vibrant kinda look of the attraction.

Markiewong

My expectations for Avenger's Campus are not too high to be honest. I'm just expecting a nice mini-land that mainly serves as a home for all the character meet' n greets that have taken over the Hollywood Backlot, and with a fairly good Spider-Man ride tacked on for good measure.
If the Avengers mega e-ticket actually gets built, Avenger Campus would be the first "new" land Disney has created which has more than two attractions instead of an E-ticket, D-ticket and 10 giftshops.. And not just three attractions, but two of them are e-tickets aswell. I can see Avengers Campus become quite popular. A flight of passage clone/evolution, droptower and shooter attraction? Those are some of the most popular attractions in a themepark.

mickEblu

If the Avengers mega e-ticket actually gets built, Avenger Campus would be the first "new" land Disney has created which has more than two attractions instead of an E-ticket, D-ticket and 10 giftshops.. And not just three attractions, but two of them are e-tickets aswell. I can see Avengers Campus become quite popular. A flight of passage clone/evolution, droptower and shooter attraction? Those are some of the most popular attractions in a themepark.

Hmmm. Kind of a gray area on that first E ticket though since they didn’t actually build it and it was part of another land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom