Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
One complaint I have is the fact that Mission BO's attraction sign is oriented away from the land. It would be like having the Haunted Mansion gate/plaque facing Splash Mountain rather than towards the flow of traffic through the land.
The thing that ruins the cohesiveness for me is the orientation of Pym's. It makes Mission BO seem more disconnected from the rest of the land. They could have orientated it like the other buildings and make one long corridor.

ac1.jpg

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Anyone saying they should use the design of Marvel Superhero Island to represent the MCU needs to get out of the drum circle. I can't shake my head any more dramatic than I'm doing right now.... I just can't.....

The MCU is to take place in the real world, not in a comic book world. Earth 616 is our same world, and the MCU is what people are eating up. Not the comics (unfortunate but true).

Sure, I believe Pym's Test Kitchen is a bit much. I'm getting "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" vibes here and seems a bit over the top. But so was the movie, which stood out as the comical, punny movie in the MCU.

But the last thing I would want to see is a Marvel Superhero Island at DCA, or some comic book, cartoon land. The real draw is obviously the MCU, its characters and worlds. Let's at least start there.
1620165099437.png

lazyboy97o

The thing that ruins the cohesiveness for me is the orientation of Pym's. It makes Mission BO seem more disconnected from the rest of the land. They could have orientated it like the other buildings and make one long corridor.

View attachment 554737
That wouldn’t make sense to the story being told. Avengers CAMPUS is a rare case of contemporary Disney trying to shape space and the tower was dropped down outside of and with little regard for the organization of the CAMPUS. If anything Pym Test Kitchen and the Avengers Wall of Hope for a Future Attraction should be angled more towards the ruins around which the CAMPUS is built to reinforce that aspect of the story and the tower’s story.

fctiger

I am a little disappointed that the trolley drop off won't be a little more elaborate. For some reason I assumed the trolley would stop inside the Avengers building where the Quinn Jet sits. I thought it was going to stop inside and kind of a welcome to AC section. But based on the photos that building is nothing but a façade at the moment. I guess you get dropped off in the front of MB.

mickEblu

I am a little disappointed that the trolley drop off won't be a little more elaborate. For some reason I assumed the trolley would stop inside the Avengers building where the Quinn Jet sits. I thought it was going to stop inside and kind of a welcome to AC section. But based on the photos that building is nothing but a façade at the moment. I guess you get dropped off in the front of MB.

Won’t it just still drop off people on Hollywood Blvd? If I’m not mistaken wasnt that always the last stop for passengers? Or was it to the left of TOT?

MagicWDI

Does any villain appear in the spiderbot ride? Isn’t good conquering evil part of what makes the Marvel movies fun? It should apply to attractions too.
A villain would be nice. But none of us have been on the ride, so I guess the real question is does any of us really know?

MagicWDI

There's some Cast Members who have already gone on Spider-Man with there already being some second hand impressions already posted here.
That's fantastic. But I'm still going to withhold my judgement until I experience it myself, which is a stance I take for every new attraction. I'm waiting to see if not having a villain is as terrible as people are making it out to be. If it's a fun experience without one, then I'm not worried at all. But if it's not fun then I'm probably just going to skip it future visits.

J4546

yeah, im in the same boat. Spiderman ride looks cool, but its something that i will prob skip when Im park hopping unless theres a low wait time. I feel the same way about midway mania as well. Its a dark ride, which is cool and CA needs, so I still consider it a good addition to CA as a whole. Im still curious of what the dr strange area has going on and how it looks at night, ill def get some park hopper tix when Avengers area opens up!

_caleb

How many ""office parks"" have an alien tower, giganticized kitchen accoutements, and a mystical garden?

I guess it's ""cool"" to be snarky about Disney because ""ANGER!!"", but y'all give away your emotionalism when your criticisms ridiculously miss the mark.
Wait- I was one of the people who said it looked like an office park, but I wasn’t being snarky or angry— I’m super excited about the Avengers Campus! I guess I meant it in a good way?

It seems to me that the Imagineers started with the premise of, “If the Avengers had a base in Southern California...” and then went from there.

To me, it looks like one of these new mixed-use developments that are so popular in redeveloping urban areas (but inhabited by super heroes).

The old Stark warehouse gives it some history, but the new buildings show that this is a newly re-developed place. Private property, but open to the public.

In this space, Peter Parker might open a tech startup office/lab. Pym/Lang could open a gastropub as a hobby. To add in some of the more exotic areas, Dr. Strange could keep a garden.

Then, to tie in the Guardians Tower, they did the whole “It just appeared here- look at the weird interdimensional ooze markings!”

I‘m not a hater, I’m just inarticulate!

“Office park” was used as a description in defense of the land.
See, @lazyboy97o understands me. Even when he doesn’t agree...

J4546

I think they should add smoldering destroyed ruins into the hyperion theater unloading park area between the theater and GotG so that it looks like the collectors warehouse destroyed a building when it materialized there. Along with the Kirby Krackle, could make for a pretty cool affect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom