Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

No Name

"OKAY" that's the best counter arugment you got? A 2 year old flips me better stuff than that. You have no argument because I just shut you down.
Lol no, I just don’t care to continue discussing it with you.

Yesterday you complained that Pym Test Kitchen doesn’t make thematic sense (and you never responded to my counter argument ironically) and today you are praising a land that actively goes against making sense. So I see no reason for me to waste more time on this attempt at a conversation.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Lol no, I just don’t care to continue discussing it with you.

Yesterday you complained that Pym Test Kitchen doesn’t make thematic sense (and you never responded to my counter argument ironically) and today you are praising a land that actively goes against making sense. So I see no reason for me to waste more time on this attempt at a conversation.
It still does not make thematic sense

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

These images of just unrecognizable mess:

1620097308402.png

1620097421464.png

Are not nearly as creative, charming, simple and easy to understand & identify in a moment's glimpse as these images:

1620097468229.png

1620097487332.png

1620097567748.png

Marvel land looks fun for the whole family because it is clearly identifiable as a super hero land in a theme park. which it is. AVENGERS C.A.M.P.U.S. is a mess and not easy to identify what the hell it is or what it relates to and looks like something found in Silicon Valley. It no way indicates it is a super fun for the whole family super hero theme park land just by looking at it. and that was before they came up with the asanine back story written up by some dumb intern.

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

I just think about the dude who had to go through with a coring machine and core out all the variable sized circles in the area. I wonder if it was one guy who went through with all the 6 inch, then all the 4 inch, then all the 2 inch, etc. etc. or if they had several guys on different sizes all doing it at the same time over a few nights.

_caleb

These images of just unrecognizable mess:

View attachment 554500
View attachment 554501
Are not nearly as creative, charming, simple and easy to understand & identify in a moment's glimpse as these images:

View attachment 554502
View attachment 554503

View attachment 554504

Marvel land looks funs for the whole family because it is clearly identifiable as a super hero land in a theme park. which it is. AVENGERS C.A.M.P.U.S. is a mess and not easy to identify what the hell it is or what it relates to and looks like something found in Silicon Valley. It no way indicates is a super fun for the whole family theme park land just by looking at it. and that was before they came up with the asanine back story written up by some dumb intern.
Yeah, I think you’d be disappointed if you actually visited Super Hero Island in person.

I get what you’re saying. We can all see the difference between the two approaches. To me, the IOA land feels very cheesy and dated. The CAMPUS looks like a Marvel take on a real-world place (with fantastical elements).

The problem with the IOA’s is that while it looks like “fun for the whole family,” it really isn’t. Spider-Man is great. Hulk and Doom’s Fearfall are not really kid-friendly, and the Storm teacups is like, well, the Teacups only without the whimsy. The land feels comic booky, but the theming is thin.

Again, Avenger’s CAMPUS is based on the MCU, so it’s basically a superhero office park in California. I get that not everyone is excited about this, but from the looks of it, I think I will prefer hanging out at the PYM bar to sitting in “Cafe 4.”

J4546

I like what avengers campus is so far BUT......

how cool would it have been if they had instead of a GotG retheme to ToT, they went with Dr Strange or Spiderman and made the ToT look like a giant city building. Then build a cityscape land thats marvel themed, as all marvel movies take place in a city. Maybe Dr Strange inner sanctum tower, keep Spiderman, No Pyms but instead another dark ride and put a food option where dr strang is now. I think that would have been a cool theme to the land overall, and the transition from hollywood land to avengers city would have been easier as well.

Suspirian

I like what avengers campus is so far BUT......

how cool would it have been if they had instead of a GotG retheme to ToT, they went with Dr Strange or Spiderman and made the ToT look like a giant city building. Then build a cityscape land thats marvel themed, as all marvel movies take place in a city. Maybe Dr Strange inner sanctum tower, keep Spiderman, No Pyms but instead another dark ride and put a food option where dr strang is now. I think that would have been a cool theme to the land overall, and the transition from hollywood land to avengers city would have been easier as well.

Def would have rather went for Dr Strange. I hate the thing Disney has been doing where they overlay a ride to coincide with the release of a new movie (sequels at that) which has given us the most uninspired additions to DCA. Dr Strange should've went to TOT and Monsters Inc should've went to CS.

fctiger

lazyboy97o

Yeah, I think you’d be disappointed if you actually visited Super Hero Island in person.

I get what you’re saying. We can all see the difference between the two approaches. To me, the IOA land feels very cheesy and dated. The CAMPUS looks like a Marvel take on a real-world place (with fantastical elements).

The problem with the IOA’s is that while it looks like “fun for the whole family,” it really isn’t. Spider-Man is great. Hulk and Doom’s Fearfall are not really kid-friendly, and the Storm teacups is like, well, the Teacups only without the whimsy. The land feels comic booky, but the theming is thin.

Again, Avenger’s CAMPUS is based on the MCU, so it’s basically a superhero office park in California. I get that not everyone is excited about this, but from the looks of it, I think I will prefer hanging out at the PYM bar to sitting in “Cafe 4.”
That you use “office park” to describe a theme park and super hero experience should be a huge red flag.

lazyboy97o

There are about 10 superhero lands at parks in the US containing unthemed coasters with characters’ names slapped on. If that’s your thing, great, but Disneyland is not an amusement park and won’t be becoming one.
But that is very much the design ethos of this land. It’s more realized in its materiality and show sets, but it’s the same general idea. It’s a non-place that is distinguished because it has superhero and superhero related logos placed on the buildings. The didn’t create a Spider-Man ride, they took an existing popular ride and swapped in Spider-Man.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom