Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

No Name

The fake video of the Spider-Man stuntronic crashing was posted on IG today by some travel page I follow for some reason (called Beautiful Destinations) that doesn’t really have a theme park audience. People were all shocked and worried for the guy hoping he was okay, and the few commenters pointing out it’s actually an edited video of a robot came off like wild conspiracy theorists.

josh2000

So Chapek was asked about the Avengers e-ticket during the shareholders meeting today. He confirmed that it's on hold, but said that Disney is hoping to bringing the project back in the future as company cashflow continues to improve.

So at the very least, that's a relatively positive update for it. A lot of people insist that it'll never happen but Chapek seems hopeful that it will.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So Chapek was asked about the Avengers e-ticket during the shareholders meeting today. He confirmed that it's on hold, but said that Disney is hoping to bringing the project back in the future as company cashflow continues to improve.

So at the very least, that's a relatively positive update for it. A lot of people insist that it'll never happen but Chapek seems hopeful that it will.
Well the buck does stop with him.....

Lets see if they bring it up during D23 later this year.

Californian Elitist

I agree. It was confirmed today in plain Chapeksperian speak for all shareholders to hear that this project (as well as Poppins for Epcot) is very much on the back burner.
Right. Personally, that means there’s no point in anticipating this project. Better to not expect it to happen and it happens than the opposite. I just don’t see it happening.

I honestly forgot about it up until a few weeks ago.

No Name

His whole gameplan during that meeting was to leave everything up in the air so as not to commit to anything or cause a stir. I have my doubts this’ll happen like I doubt the Mary Poppins attraction or the two-coast annual pass or whatever else people asked him about will happen. But I’ll be glad if it actually does!

CaptinEO

His whole gameplan during that meeting was to leave everything up in the air so as not to commit to anything or cause a stir. I have my doubts this’ll happen like I doubt the Mary Poppins attraction or the two-coast annual pass or whatever else people asked him about will happen. But I’ll be glad if it actually does!
I had so many friends send me articles about the Premier Pass. It's clear that he was giving neutral answers on the spot and there's zero plans for it.

As for Avengers, it will end up like every phase 2 (non existent).

TheDisneyParksfanC8

In the same earnings call they said the Disney parks had a record breaking quarter in terms of cash. What is the hold up in terms of opening new attractions? Universal is going full steam ahead with new attractions in their existing parks and are building a whole new park in the form of Epic Universe. This makes it very frustrating we may not see something new at DL resort for a while after Runaway Railway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In the same earnings call they said the Disney parks had a record breaking quarter in terms of cash. What is the hold up in terms of opening new attractions? Universal is going full steam ahead with new attractions in their existing parks and are building a whole new park in the form of Epic Universe. This makes it very frustrating we may not see something new at DL resort for a while after Runaway Railway.
Disney borrowed $13B and lined up another $20B in future credit in case they needed it during the pandemic. This past quarter wasn't the first one the parks were profitable again, but it was the first with the pre-pandemic levels of mega-profit. This means Disney was turtling.

So, reopening the spigot was something that Disney could only fathom to do just recently.

Also... streaming is still their top priority. The linear channels kept Disney afloat during the lockdowns. But with cord-cutting, linear channels are having their obituaries written for them. Disney needs to be in the top three when the Streaming Wars are done to ensure that revenue source is protected. Disney is spending more money (between D+ and Hulu) than even Netflix for streaming content. This means that the streamers are loss leaders for now and are eating up all the surplus.

So, yes, Disney does have the money to do all the things they wanted... but they don't want to. They'd rather spend it on streaming content to ensure future company success and the ability to weather the next pandemic or Great Recession.

Mac Tonight

The Splash redo will be “new” after Runaway Railway.

Beyond that though, it might quiet down for a bit. Unless they decide to steam ahead with the resurrected Avengers e-ticket or surprise us by returning to Tomorrowland to finish what they started.

Mac Tonight

Then we wait and see if DL forward actually happens.

The DVC tower and AMC theater area are underway at least. Inside the parks might be quiet though.
I often think it’s easy for us to treat the parks like the studios, and almost expect them to be putting out “something new” on a yearly basis. But I’m glad they don’t.

mickEblu

Something tells me they'll wait to see how well Guardians is received at Epcot before deciding on the new concept. I'm sure they could retrofit something similar (though Avengers-themed) in that area. I really hope they ditch the personal Soarin'/FoP idea.

Me too. Cosmic Rewind sounds like it could be a great ride so I’d be all for that if they could find a way to hide the Big blue box. I’d imagine it’s location at DCA would make that easier?

There were rumors of Disney considering a GE expansion that included a coaster before the pandemic. Apparently they had gotten enough feedback that a thrill ride was missing from the land. My thought process is instead of planning the coaster there they revisit the coaster for AC since it needs it much more than GE. So between this and them having Cosmic Rewind to “clone” I am now cautiously optimistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom