Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MagicHappens1971

So Star Wars Land has been open almost 3 years now and still has the same small amount of entertainment as opening day, yet AC gets regular newly added characters and shows.
The rumors have been that Disney+ marketing pays for these costume developments & initial launches. I’m unsure of how true it is, but that’s been the rumor for years for initial launches of characters launched directly to promote new films/shows. Still doesn’t justify it or explain at the least why we haven’t gotten a Grogu/Mando thing at GE

lazyboy97o

The rumors have been that Disney+ marketing pays for these costume developments & initial launches. I’m unsure of how true it is, but that’s been the rumor for years for initial launches of characters launched directly to promote new films/shows. Still doesn’t justify it or explain at the least why we haven’t gotten a Grogu/Mando thing at GE
Not a rumor. Those different promotional things in the parks are paid for by the Studios. It’s why they don’t appear for every movie and will disappear even if incredibly popular.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
So Star Wars Land has been open almost 3 years now and still has the same small amount of entertainment as opening day, yet AC gets regular newly added characters and shows.
Not true. There was CM playing some Star Warsy type card game with guests last week near the market.

1638294932449.png

Sailor310

I love all the Life Day/Christmas decorations in GE!.....oh, that's right. There aren't any! Same dead, cold place as always.

That being said, I like some of the food. Loved RotR the one time I grabbed a boarding group. My friends can't be bothered going back.

TP2000

All things considered, it's a nice little show. It's super cheesy and stupid, but I like that it's not taking itself super seriously like the Taskmaster stunt show because the fight choreography is hard to take seriously.

I do hope they take this show as a cue to start decorating Avengers Campus properly so that the Christmas decor doesn't look super cheap.

I know. It's just... I don't get it. Which is why I mostly stay out of this thread. I have no idea who all these superhero cartoon guys are, nor do I really care. I am clearly not the target audience for this new land. I could not care less. It's part of the reason why I didn't buy a Magic Key.

That's kinda rude. How do you know he's White?

Oh, God bless you! I needed that! 🤣

To be honest, I was just happy to see that my fading Gaydar still works on YouTube videos.

Nothing says Christmas liking beating up bad guys with a candy cane! :p

No kidding. Again, I don't get it.

If someone could just tell me that the kids get it and it's all super popular and wildly successful, I'll be fine and just keep walking towards Cars Land instead of this Marvel Land thing.

J4546

I like it, using AC as a massive stage for multiple shows and characters walking around is awesome imo. Cant wait for phase 2!

waltography

I know. It's just... I don't get it. Which is why I mostly stay out of this thread. I have no idea who all these superhero cartoon guys are, nor do I really care. I am clearly not the target audience for this new land. I could not care less. It's part of the reason why I didn't buy a Magic Key.
Lucky you! I've still got to keep up my monthly visits to break even on this cursed Dream Key and so I've got to find the silver lining somewhere. 😂

josh2000

If someone could just tell me that the kids get it and it's all super popular and wildly successful, I'll be fine and just keep walking towards Cars Land instead of this Marvel Land thing.
The kids get it. The MCU is the most successful franchise of all time. The characters are beloved by millions around the world. Marvel Superheroes are a big draw for Disneyland Resort

TP2000

The kids get it. The MCU is the most successful franchise of all time. The characters are beloved by millions around the world. Marvel Superheroes are a big draw for Disneyland Resort

I believe you.

But I'm also reminded that's exactly what people said about Star Wars circa 2015.

Styles change. Things change. Even the kids change.

And that's without Burbank somehow screwing it all up. See: Star Wars, Muppets, Pixar. Add in Duffy, Pins, Beanie Babies and Pogs while we're at it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom