Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

T.Will

I get the impression this was designed for Paris and then somebody decided to copy it for DCA.
Why does that sound familiar? 🤔

Mike S

Again, for Paris this makes sense. They don't have Midway Mania and the Studios park needs more family friendly rides as most are thrill attractions (ToT, RnRC, Crush, RC Racer etc).

I get the impression this was designed for Paris and then somebody decided to copy it for DCA.
They should just get TSMM then and then Spider-Man can be something cooler.

Animaniac93-98

Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
Iron Man Experience (aka Stark Tours)
Ant-Man and the Wasp Nano Battle
Iron Man overlay of RnRC
Spider-Man Midway Mania

Disney hasn't really been doing amazing things with Marvel in their parks. HKDL's Avengers E-ticket is our last hope it seems.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Even though these are technically the Paris blueprints doesn’t that look a lot like the building layout for DCA? Probably making these blue prints a clone of the DCA blueprints since we had the land constraints.

mickEblu

Are we just assuming that Spider-Man will be the same as TSMM because it’s not trackless or did I miss something? It being trackless would have been cool but it was probably last on my wish list. I think having immersive sets, a quality AA or two, more practical effects and having well integrated screens would go a lot farther to separate Spider-Man from TSMM than trackless vehicles. Not to say it will have those things but I think they are more important.

T.Will

Are we just assuming that Spider-Man will be the same as TSMM because it’s not trackless or did I miss something? It being trackless would have been cool but it was probably last on my wish list. I think having immersive sets, a quality AA or two, more practical effects and having well integrated screens would go a lot farther to separate Spider-Man from TSMM than trackless vehicles. Not to say it will have those things but I think they are more important.
A closer look at the plans provided gives the impression that Spider-Man is at least a copy. Multiple small vehicles that aim at screens.

D50Svy_WAAECvGr.jpg

mickEblu

A closer look at the plans provided gives the impression that Spider-Man is at least a copy. Multiple small vehicles that aim at screens.

D50Svy_WAAECvGr.jpg

Gotcha. I’m not good at deciphering these things. Is their anything that would lead one to believe that their can’t or won’t be immersive sets, well integrated screens etc.? Aside from Disney’s current track record at DCA.

britain

Maybe park ops is just considering this to be an “increasing TSMM capacity” project like they did at Florida. :rolleyes:

D.Silentu

If we're reading these blueprints correctly, Disney has made an enormous mistake. The similarity between the two rides will be noticed by all but the most oblivious guest. They may or may not mind, but the fact that the debut Marvel ride will be a copy of a ten year old local attraction is bound to turn some heads. I don't think this is somewhere they can afford an error for the sake of the park. @George Lucas on a Bench has his thread on whether people like DCA and most have reported that the park was headed in a positive direction until it took an about face with "Mission Breakout" and continues on that path. Whether or not you enjoy that ride, and no matter how beloved Disney press says it is, it's no secret that the ride was a rushed overlay on a popular attraction.

Now there is a true Marvel land on the way, which "Mission Breakout" is being rezoned into, and the premier ride is to be another theme placed upon an attraction we're all very familiar with? As I'm posting, the latest Avengers movie has made a billion dollars in fewer than ten days. This is hardly the red carpet treatment I would say is warranted. I know it's not new for me to say this, but DCA needs a "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" or what they claim "Rise of the Resistance" will be. They need the acclaim of the population that gets excited by more than a new slushy flavor. A ride that people will talk about, the way I remember people talking about the "Indiana Jones Adventure" in the nineties. In terms of industry competition, what better property to embrace with such ambitions than Spiderman, Universal's former greatest achievement? If the blueprint is what to expect, I'm absolutely baffled by their reasoning. DCA will always be the kid sister as long as they keep giving it hand me downs.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Now there is a true Marvel land on the way, which "Mission Breakout" is being rezoned into, and the premier ride is to be another theme placed upon an attraction we're all very familiar with? As I'm posting, the latest Avengers movie has made a billion dollars in fewer than ten days.

Marvel is Disney's biggest franchise at the moment, and pushing franchises is what the parks are for now (according to corporate).

So the strategy is to build lackluster rides for their most popular movies? I don't get it. Surely having your brand associated with short, uneventful rides, dance parties or re-skins is not the best the thing? Or does Disney really believe that the love for the brand will overcome any and all disappointments these attractions offer?

Suspirian

So the strategy is to build lackluster rides for their most popular movies? I don't get it. Surely having your brand associated with short, uneventful rides, dance parties or re-skins is not the best the thing? Or does Disney really believe that the love for the brand will overcome any and all disappointments these attractions offer?

I think they do, and I’m worried it does. I don’t hear any complaints about GOTG anymore even though I believe that property deserves a much better attraction than a reskin. Also the current crop of disney influencers that they’ve helped create contributes to that considering they’re not very critical of anything that company does.

Does anyone remember those rumors when Disney was in talks to to get Harry Potter but eventually got shut down because the main attraction was essentially a TSMM style shooter with wands? Haha

Mike S

If we're reading these blueprints correctly, Disney has made an enormous mistake. The similarity between the two rides will be noticed by all but the most oblivious guest. They may or may not mind, but the fact that the debut Marvel ride will be a copy of a ten year old local attraction is bound to turn some heads. I don't think this is somewhere they can afford an error for the sake of the park. @George Lucas on a Bench has his thread on whether people like DCA and most have reported that the park was headed in a positive direction until it took an about face with "Mission Breakout" and continues on that path. Whether or not you enjoy that ride, and no matter how beloved Disney press says it is, it's no secret that the ride was rushed overlay on a popular attraction.

Now there is a true Marvel land on the way, which "Mission Breakout" is being rezoned into, and the premier ride is to be another theme placed upon an attraction we're all very familiar with? As I'm posting, the latest Avengers movie has made a billion dollars in fewer than ten days. This is hardly the red carpet treatment I would say is warranted. I know it's not new for me to say this, but DCA needs a "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" or what they claim "Rise of the Resistance" will be. They need the acclaim of the population that gets excited by more than a new slushy flavor. A ride that people will talk about, the way I remember people talking about the "Indiana Jones Adventure" in the nineties. In terms of industry competition, what better property to embrace with such ambitions than Spiderman, Universal's former greatest achievement? If the blueprint is what to expect, I'm absolutely baffled by their reasoning. DCA will always be the kid sister as long as they keep giving it hand me downs.
Avengers is at $2 billion now.

SuddenStorm

the fact that the debut Marvel ride will be a copy of a ten year old local attraction is bound to turn some heads.

It's far worse... the debut Marvel ride is literally a 15 year old attraction. With the follow up being a copy of a 10 year old attraction.

Amazing, since the Marvel Cinematic Universe has revolutionized the way film franchises are made. It's a darn shame Marvel in theme parks couldn't do the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom