Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Disney Irish

Premium Member
im sure disney will eventually buy that out, at least id think so
Disney is in no rush. They have plenty of other Marvel characters, literally 1000s, they can use at WDW outside of the ones restricted by the Uni contract. Just look at the new Guardians coaster as an example.

Right now Disney gets direct info on Uni, money out of them for licensing and merch, and gets final approval on anything Marvel related at IOA. Point is that unless its a sweet deal for Disney I doubt we'll see anything change any time soon.

Phroobar

That is what they get for letting eighteen year old cast members fling a multi-million dollar mannequin over the roof. At least there isn't an cast member trying to date it.

download.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Personally I've been thinking it is broken and has been for a while... That's why they do the 'failed' launch all the time. The thing can't pose anymore so they just fling it in the air.

Unless someone has proof of it doing an actual pose recently?
I don't know the source's channel, just did a quick search, but this video of it working was just posted on Youtube 2 days ago -

So it would seem that it is indeed working at some point daily.

If it really was failing daily and broken 1. there would be a lot more videos of it posted, and 2. Disney would have stopped the show until it was fixed or cancel it completely both of which haven't been done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That Tik Tok doesn't show the guests down below, but they aren't looking at their phones. They are looking straight ahead and walking.

Here is the full screen version of it:

Even in the description its stated its fake that it's CGI.

Indeed it's fake.

At one point the figure freezes and doesn't move again until there's rag doll physics at the point of contact with the grating.

At that same point, the figure stops forward motion and starts falling straight down.

At that same point, the clouds around the figure are clearly photoshopped frame by frame as the figure passes by.

It's a good CGI, just not perfect if you view it slo mo.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Indeed it's fake.

At one point the figure freezes and doesn't move again until there's rag doll physics at the point of contact with the grating.

At that same point, the figure stops forward motion and starts falling straight down.

At that same point, the clouds around the figure are clearly photoshopped frame by frame as the figure passes by.

It's a good CGI, just not perfect if you view it slo mo.
Yep, not only do we have watch out for deep fakes with Celebrity stuff, now we have to worry about deep fakes in Disney attraction videos.

smooch

It's not offensive, just annoying that we have to be so skeptical of anything we see that could be related to the parks. It's a well done video and fooled many people including me initially but I wish they wouldn't lie and pass it off as real, make it more obvious it's fake. Even just put fake in the caption of the video, people will watch it and be like "no way what" and then read the caption and realize it was all in good fun. Don't post it and pass it off as real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom