Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

J4546

the goop isnt squashed bugs?

Also, about PIxar Pier. I dig it but some dont. I wish theyd go all the way with it and retheme mermaid to coco or something pixar, and get rid of goofy sky school for something pixar related as well. And finally, redo the paradise pier pizza and pasta place as a real pizza planet. a real one, just like the movies...to me that would be a spectacularly cool thing to see made into a reality. Also, this would of course a new food option in tomorrowland and i would suggest space 220 if it works well at epcot.

britain

I'll say it again, no matter how people feel about the land in general, this place is going to be an amazing area to be in at night. It's just stunningly beautiful at night. I mean wow!

But I'm confused on the Dr. Strange area. I know this will be some kind of show, but will people be able to walk through it when there is no show? Is it both an entertainment area but also an area you can walk around in too, sort of like being able to hang out in the WOC standing area throughout the day?

I think the Dr. Strange area is more of a walk through area where meet and greets with a little bit of show can regularly happen.

Maybe like Jedi Academy used to be.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Under normal conditions, I don't think it will be an issue. Although ugly, it doesn't seem like the ground is any more uneven than an area paved with bricks or cobblestones, and it meets ADA's requirements for a "flat" surface. Whether management sees value in reviving that particular show is another issue, but there's no reason that the new ground treatment would preclude it from happening.
As someone who has spent a LOT of time in that spot dancing - that cracked/pothole pavement looks like trouble. :(

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Calling all Super Hero recruits! We recently shared first-look images of Avengers Campus, opening at Disney California Adventure park on June 4. Today, I’m excited to take you back inside of Avengers Campus for a closer look at just some of the details you may come across as you visit the different addresses. But first, did you know that Campus stands for Centralized Assembly Mobilized to Prepare, Unite, and Safeguard? Now you know!

The main entrance to the land is located adjacent to the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as WEB, however, the land also features a back entrance just outside of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, one of the land’s anchor attractions. Touring this area, I discovered a curious substance.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!

A late addition to the Campus, Taneleer Tivan, a.k.a. the Collector, placed his Fortress against its edges. This placement warped the ground immediately surrounding the alien stronghold causing a cosmic disruption to ooze from the ground below. Hues of blues, purples and yellows glow in the daylight. Pretty rad, huh?

Terran Treats

Nearby, The Collector is also curating a weird and wonderful menu of intergalactic eats at the Terran Treats food cart. Just one of his curious creations, the Sweet Spiral Ration Churros will feature unique and unexpected flavors. You never know what you’re going to get, but trust me, they are delicious!

Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible™

Around the corner, Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible™ is a food innovation science lab where the food and drinks tell a story. As we’ve shared before, just as Ant-Man and The Wasp use “Pym Particles” to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies applies this innovative science to the creation of inventive-sized foods, like the pretzels that grow and shrink as they pass through the quantum tunnel. This logic also applies to the beverages and condiments, seen here overhead in the beverage and condiment station. No appetite is too big or too small here!

Avengers Headquarters at Disney California Adventure park

Back outside, we come to the heart of the land – Avengers Headquarters, where you will find the emblematic Avengers “A” on the building and surrounding areas. At Avengers HQ, you may catch a glimpse of the Avengers springing into action, ready to save the day. A shining Quinjet sits atop its roof as a beacon for the campus.

The Orb of Cagliostro

Close by, but what feels like is located in another dimension are the overgrown ruins of an Ancient Sanctum. For as long as anyone can remember, rumors of unexplained events and energies have emanated from this remote location. Here, you’ll learn mysterious secrets from Doctor Strange and discover ancient, magical artifacts. Pictured here, the Orb of Cagliostro is known to be especially active at night when it flows with magical energy!

sjdfsgfd004.jpg
sjdkfgsgf005.jpg

And for our final stop on today’s tour, we come to the front of the land. Back in the 1940s, Tony Stark’s father built a Stark Motors factory here in California, and decades later, Tony transformed the site into the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as WEB. This is the place where bright innovators like Peter Parker have been assembled by Tony Stark to invent new technologies and equip everyday people to become heroes. While the Avengers themselves are sleek, organized, and structured, WEB is expressive, youthful and chaotic. You’ll notice this throughout WEB. For example, outside the former factory building, you can’t miss the colorful graffiti murals created by young recruits with a knack for the arts."

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

"Calling all Super Hero recruits! We recently shared first-look images of Avengers Campus, opening at Disney California Adventure park on June 4. Today, I’m excited to take you back inside of Avengers Campus for a closer look at just some of the details you may come across as you visit the different addresses. But first, did you know that Campus stands for Centralized Assembly Mobilized to Prepare, Unite, and Safeguard? Now you know!

The main entrance to the land is located adjacent to the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as WEB, however, the land also features a back entrance just outside of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, one of the land’s anchor attractions. Touring this area, I discovered a curious substance.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!

A late addition to the Campus, Taneleer Tivan, a.k.a. the Collector, placed his Fortress against its edges. This placement warped the ground immediately surrounding the alien stronghold causing a cosmic disruption to ooze from the ground below. Hues of blues, purples and yellows glow in the daylight. Pretty rad, huh?

Terran Treats

Nearby, The Collector is also curating a weird and wonderful menu of intergalactic eats at the Terran Treats food cart. Just one of his curious creations, the Sweet Spiral Ration Churros will feature unique and unexpected flavors. You never know what you’re going to get, but trust me, they are delicious!

Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible™

Around the corner, Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible™ is a food innovation science lab where the food and drinks tell a story. As we’ve shared before, just as Ant-Man and The Wasp use “Pym Particles” to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies applies this innovative science to the creation of inventive-sized foods, like the pretzels that grow and shrink as they pass through the quantum tunnel. This logic also applies to the beverages and condiments, seen here overhead in the beverage and condiment station. No appetite is too big or too small here!

Avengers Headquarters at Disney California Adventure park

Back outside, we come to the heart of the land – Avengers Headquarters, where you will find the emblematic Avengers “A” on the building and surrounding areas. At Avengers HQ, you may catch a glimpse of the Avengers springing into action, ready to save the day. A shining Quinjet sits atop its roof as a beacon for the campus.

The Orb of Cagliostro

Close by, but what feels like is located in another dimension are the overgrown ruins of an Ancient Sanctum. For as long as anyone can remember, rumors of unexplained events and energies have emanated from this remote location. Here, you’ll learn mysterious secrets from Doctor Strange and discover ancient, magical artifacts. Pictured here, the Orb of Cagliostro is known to be especially active at night when it flows with magical energy!

sjdfsgfd004.jpg
sjdkfgsgf005.jpg

And for our final stop on today’s tour, we come to the front of the land. Back in the 1940s, Tony Stark’s father built a Stark Motors factory here in California, and decades later, Tony transformed the site into the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as WEB. This is the place where bright innovators like Peter Parker have been assembled by Tony Stark to invent new technologies and equip everyday people to become heroes. While the Avengers themselves are sleek, organized, and structured, WEB is expressive, youthful and chaotic. You’ll notice this throughout WEB. For example, outside the former factory building, you can’t miss the colorful graffiti murals created by young recruits with a knack for the arts."

1. Stop calling me a recruit.
2. Stop trying to justify Mission Breakouts story of the Collector's tower being in DCA and strange ret-conn that is was a "late addition" when it was there first before the campus.
3. Pym Foods makes no sense. Hank Pym is interested more in the quantum realm than being a chef. You want a restaurant ?so make a restaurant that makes sense character wise. Its odd.
4. Stop this meta thing that this land is acknowledging its in DCA and having a convoluted backstory to justify it. Its a theme park. Its just Avenger's Land in a theme park. Stop getting meta imagineering department.

Last edited:

britain

1. Stop calling me a re-cruit.
2. Stop trying to justify Mission Breakouts story of the tower being in Disneyland and strange ret-conn that is was a "late addition" when it was there first before the campus.
3. Pym Foods makes no sense. Hank Pym is interested more in the quantum round than being a chef. You wanted a restaurant so make a restaurant that makes sense character wise. Its odd.
4. Stop this meta thing that this land is acknowledging this in DCA and having a convoluted backstory to justify it. Its a theme park. Its just Avenger's Land in a theme park. Stop getting meta imagineering department.

You mean you don’t like the story about how Mickey told Walt that there was a nice patch of land to build his Disneyland park just south of Toontown?

fctiger

1. Stop calling me a re-cruit.
2. Stop trying to justify Mission Breakouts story of the tower being in Disneyland and strange ret-conn that is was a "late addition" when it was there first before the campus.
3. Pym Foods makes no sense. Hank Pym is interested more in the quantum round than being a chef. You wanted a restaurant so make a restaurant that makes sense character wise. Its odd.
4. Stop this meta thing that this land is acknowledging this in DCA and having a convoluted backstory to justify it. Its a theme park. Its just Avenger's Land in a theme park. Stop getting meta imagineering department.

I don't really care about the backstory stuff but number 4 is pretty asinine. But they seem to be doing this a lot now. IIRC the Incredicoaster is suppose to be in DCA which the Incredible family is invited to in their honor. Just.stop!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I'm sorry, but the whole "immersive" giant and miniature foods and drinks are just silly!
Thank you!!! That's what I was thinking too! and it really has nothing to do with Ant-Man because Hank Pym is a scientist fascinated by quantum mechanics and the quantum realm. He is not a chef or a cook. Why would he care about making food big or small? Should have made a Avenger's Cafeteria where the heroes eat for lunch and you can see characters their getting their meals like shawarma and such

Disney Irish

Premium Member
1. Stop calling me a recruit.
2. Stop trying to justify Mission Breakouts story of the Collector's tower being in DCA and strange ret-conn that is was a "late addition" when it was there first before the campus.
Stop being a buzzkill my friend. Its just a fun thing for those that want to listen and participate. If you don't like it, then ignore it and don't participate. Theme parks are meant to be fun and for all types of guests including those that like this type of thing, stop being so serious.

MagicWDI

Thank you!!! That's what I was thinking too! and it really has nothing to do with Ant-Man because Hank Pym is a scientist fascinated by quantum mechanics and the quantum realm. He is not a chef or a cook. Why would he care about making food big or small? Should have made a Avenger's Cafeteria where the heroes eat for lunch and you can see characters their getting their meals like shawarma and such
An Avengers cafeteria? No thank you. Sounds like making a roadside carnival themed to dinosaurs on the parking lot.

But I bet an Avengers character dining would be a huge hit! Not sure why this isn't happening at launch.

But for a quick service restaurant, Pym's Test Kitchen seems fun. Probably plenty to look at and whatnot. However, I am more interested in the shawarma cart being added! Meat roasted from a stick? Yes please!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Stop being a buzzkill my friend. Its just a fun thing for those that want to listen and participate. If you don't like it, then ignore it and don't participate. Theme parks are meant to be fun and for all types of guests including those that like this type of thing, stop being so serious.
It's not being a buzzkill it is calling out stupid creative decisions. I have a right to voice my concerns.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's not being a buzzkill it is calling out stupid creative decisions. I have a right to voice my concerns.
And we have a right to call out what you're calling out. All that backstory stuff is easy to ignore. I mean in a couple months it won't even be mentioned. This is all just part of the promotional stuff while the land is being opened. Shortly after opening it'll fade away like all the promotional stuff tends to do.

Also on a Marvel note about Pym Test Kitchen. It has been discussed many times by fans over the years about Hank Pym using his technology to enlarge food to help world hunger. So its not that far of a stretch to think he would test such an endeavor via a test kitchen. He wasn't just interested in shrinking to the quantum realm, he was also about enlarging as well. This was touched upon in the MCU in the second movie when Hank, Scott, and Hope went to go see Bill Foster and he mentioned Project Goliath, a project specifically designed to enlarge. Which was a nod to the comics to when Hank Pym was Goliath. So no Hank Pym is not only interested in the quantum realm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom