Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

I dunno, Cafe Orleans is my favorite place in the park.

Cafe Orleans and Plaza Inn and on a much rarer occasion Blue Bayou.

I have so much nostalgia for the Blue Bayou. The restaurant I’d pass by as a kid riding Pirates as I was filled with so many different emotions. Excitement, fear and intrigue. The quiet chatter, the smell of the food and mood setting “moonlight” really stimulated the senses. All the while knowing the “scary part” was coming up.

Funny thing is I didn’t even eat there for the first and only time until my early 30s. I’m due for a visit.

I wonder, what new attraction can spark that many different emotions in a child? They are so one dimensional these days.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I have so much nostalgia for the Blue Bayou. The restaurant I’d pass by as a kid riding Pirates as I was filled with so many different emotions. Excitement, fear and intrigue. The quiet chatter, the smell of the food and mood setting “moonlight” really stimulated the senses. All the while knowing the “scary part” was coming up.

Funny thing is I didn’t even eat there for the first and only time until my early 30s. I’m due for a visit.

I wonder, what new attraction can spark that many different emotions in a child? They are so one dimensional these days.
Never eaten at Blue Bayou but always wanted to.

Professortango1

Blue Bayou has incredible ambiance and terrible food. Its like paying $40 a plate to eat a Denny's. And if you're not seated by the water, you have a great view of the restaurant lobby with the sun streaming in.

mickEblu

Blue Bayou has incredible ambiance and terrible food. Its like paying $40 a plate to eat a Denny's. And if you're not seated by the water, you have a great view of the restaurant lobby with the sun streaming in.

I disagree. I’ve only eaten there once and it’s been about 6 years but it was much better than Denny’s. The filet and lobster tail were quite enjoyable. I’m sure I gave it a bonus point or two for ambiance but it was solid. How many times have you eaten there, when was the last time and what did you order?

Professortango1

I disagree. I’ve only eaten there once and it’s been about 6 years but it was much better than Denny’s. The filet and lobster tail were quite enjoyable. I’m sure I have it a bonus point or two for ambiance but it was solid. How many times have you eaten there, when was the last time and what did you order?

I've eaten there about 6-10 times total. Last time was about 3 years ago. The food is mediocre and the menu limited. It also suffers from trying to be "fine dining" while only offering soda pop and water for beverage option. Nothing like pairing rubbery lobster with a Diet Coke. Screams quality.

I love just about everything about Disneyland, but our dining options are wildly archaic compared to WDW.

mickEblu

I've eaten there about 6-10 times total. Last time was about 3 years ago. The food is mediocre and the menu limited. It also suffers from trying to be "fine dining" while only offering soda pop and water for beverage option. Nothing like pairing rubbery lobster with a Diet Coke. Screams quality.

I love just about everything about Disneyland, but our dining options are wildly archaic compared to WDW.

Well that’s your problem. Diet Coke. Ewwww. Pair it with a regular Coke next time

Hmmm. Maybe I went on a good day or maybe your standards are higher than mine. Or maybe I put my expectations in check as I had read so many bad reviews prior to eating there. I like to think myself as somewhat of a foodie though.

Its kind of hard to mess up a filet mignon. Ribeye maybe.

Last edited:

Professortango1

Well that’s your problem. Diet Coke. Ewwww. Pair it with a regular Coke next time

Hmmm. Maybe I went on a good day or maybe your standards are higher than mine. Or maybe I put my expectations in check as I had read so many bad reviews prior to eating there. I like to think myself as somewhat of a foodie though.

Its kind of hard to mess up a filet mignon. Ribeye maybe.

Yes, but why would you pair a filet mignon with a soda or water? Even if they served an incredible streak that didn't taste like theme park food, you're paying for a fine dining meal without fine dining options.

If Blue Bayou meals ran $15-$20, I would say it was worth it. But the dice roll of a good table combined with fancy theme park food doesn't justify the cost nor reputation in my opinion. It is no better than Rancho De Zoloco or Pizza Planet for me, other than the ambiance.

But I also found Be Our Guest incredibly underwhelming when I visited MK.

Ismael Flores

Those who experienced the smorgasbord that was the Big Thunder Bbq will not soon forget it!

Someone here thoughtfully posited that barbeque needed a presence at Galaxy's Edge and they couldn't be more right.
I still think they screwed up when they built Galaxy edge and not use the prime real estate more efficiently. just like they did with the fantasmic service building they should have added another large partially submerged building between the Frontierland and fantasyland entrances. Instead of creating a large dirt Berm they could have used the land for a themed bar-b-que eatery. The main entrance being on Galaxy edge side but with a to go window facing the frontierland side.
why not.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom