Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MarvelCharacterNerd

Jack-Jack’s cookies don’t do it for you?
Probably unsurprisingly, the Chocolate Chunk Cookie Sundae at the Golden Horseshoe (which is just the Jack-Jack cookie plus ice cream on top) became one of my go-to desserts when I lost the cookie bake. But that's like comparing a Ka-Cheeseburger from Flo's Cafe to a Club 33 Chateaubriand. lol One is a glorious gustatory experience. The other is not - though it fills you up fine. :D

P.S. I assume you were kidding, but I wanted to put a plug in for that cookie sundae which is pretty decent for anyone looking for a cookie-based dessert. :)

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

Considering how badly Disney handled the majority of Galaxy Edge, I wouldn't care for them to tackle a SW equivalent of the Frontierland barbecue. It would probably be so bizarre and uncomfortable like the rest of the land with an elaborate immersive story, like a junkyard where the Jawas burn excess droid parts and they hold a Galactic BB-8-Q, using the burning droid pyres to prepare delicious Coruscantian Corn on the Cob and Dewback Meat with Boba Fett Buffalo Sauce for travelers. Everyone would hate it except for the Shut it Downers here, who seem to love GE in addition to DLR being closed.

mickEblu

Those who experienced the smorgasbord that was the Big Thunder Bbq will not soon forget it!

Someone here thoughtfully posited that barbeque needed a presence at Galaxy's Edge and they couldn't be more right.

That was me. Don’t understand how some bbq didn’t make it into the land. Just made too much sense to have an outdoor bbq spot somewhere between ROTR and the bazaar

D.Silentu

I really wouldn't mind if it took the place of one of the existing Galaxy's Edge restaurants. When I visited, I was really excited to try all it had to offer, yet the food didn't impress me. All I ask is that the hunk of bronto roasting on the engine stays put.

mickEblu

I really wouldn't mind if it took the place of one of the existing Galaxy's Edge restaurants. When I visited, I was really excited to try all it had to offer, yet the food didn't impress me. All I ask is that the hunk of bronto roasting on the engine stays put.

Me neither although I’d prefer a rustic outdoors spot.

Such a tease to have that meat roasting on the engine but nowhere to find any real meat.

D.Silentu

Considering how badly Disney handled the majority of Galaxy Edge, I wouldn't care for them to tackle a SW equivalent of the Frontierland barbecue. It would probably be so bizarre and uncomfortable like the rest of the land with an elaborate immersive story, like a junkyard where the Jawas burn excess droid parts and they hold a Galactic BB-8-Q, using the burning droid pyres to prepare delicious Coruscantian Corn on the Cob and Dewback Meat with Boba Fett Buffalo Sauce for travelers. Everyone would hate it except for the Shut it Downers here, who seem to love GE in addition to DLR being closed.
Well, now I'm hungry and engaged!

ToTBellHop

Big thunder ranch was my fav part of DL
“I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing — that Big Thunder Ranch has the best cookies.” -Walt Disney
1611577247069.jpeg

Fox&Hound

Swirling Saucers is a basic spinner, a fun little C Ticket that barely makes it over the threshold from being a B Ticket.

It was a cute add-on for Cars Land. But of course in WDW, it was a MAJOR NEW ATTRACTION! that had to help prop up an entire new land that had only one other new ride in it. That's not something any C Ticket is supposed to do. But out in WDW, they try and pretend a C Ticket can do that duty and they get interns in a Celebration cubicle farm to Tweet about it as if it was only slight less exciting than Pirates of the Caribbean.

At Disneyland, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is simply a rather fun little C Ticket spinner with a cute theme.

At WDW, it's one of two small rides designed to prop up an entire new land in a theme park that has less than 10 rides. The result of that strategy in WDW was predictably tragic.
I just don't understand why the claw does not move on Alien Swirling Saucers? What a missed opportunity...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom