Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Ok let’s agree to call it an extensive overlay. Lol.

If it was extensive then they would’ve done a lot more. There’s parts of the attraction where the overlay ends and begins. lol

I really don’t know why they didn’t just work the Hollywood Tower Hotel into the silly Collector story. It would make more sense then the dumb fortress/warehouse/power plant thing no one bought into.

mickEblu

If it was extensive then they would’ve done a lot more. There’s parts of the attraction where the overlay ends and begins. lol

I really don’t know why they didn’t just work the Hollywood Tower Hotel into the silly Collector story. It would make more sense then the dumb fortress/warehouse/power plant thing no one bought into.

By extensive I mean they can’t turn it back into the original attraction in days or weeks as they can with HM and Space Mountain.

The whole thing sucks and they should have left it alone.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disney has owned Marvel since 2009. A decade later there is one overlay ride, Mission: BREAKOUT. And a whole lot of foot dragging and delays.

But my favorite part is year after year of non-announcement announcements where snake oil salesmen like Erin Glover get paid to belch up meaningless stuff like "Highly anticipated new experiences at Disneyland Resort will soon invite guests to become part of a bigger universe filled with epic heroes and adventures." And then that sentence is followed up with absolutely no real information, year after year.

At some point they are going to have to actually stop with the Disney Parks Blog posts and do something. Walt once said "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." I have a hunch that if Walt returned from the dead he would have very little use for the Disney Parks Blog payroll.

This isn't just an issue with Marvel at DCA. There's no master planning, there's no long term vision for ANYTHING. The HKDL expansion plan is the most forward looking this Disney has committed to in years. The Epcot redo is a rudderless ship, with the spine/entry redo now pushed back to 2023, and waffling happening on every other project other than GOTG and Rat which are now in progress. DLR plans change all the time because there's no vision or leadership. Bob Chapek doesn't know anything about theme parks or resorts and how to build them out, so years and billions of dollars get flushed down the toilet because no one can commit to anything.

TDA was absolutely right to reject a low capacity Marvel E ticket, but it never should have come to that in the first place. Why is WDI running around designing big E tickets that are low capacity? This is some systemic, toxic junk that no one is willing to acknowledge or fix and it would take someone on Chapek's level to do so.

TP2000

This isn't just an issue with Marvel at DCA. There's no master planning, there's no long term vision for ANYTHING. The HKDL expansion plan is the most forward looking this Disney has committed to in years. The Epcot redo is a rudderless ship, with the spine/entry redo now pushed back to 2023, and waffling happening on every other project other than GOTG and Rat which are now in progress. DLR plans change all the time because there's no vision or leadership. Bob Chapek doesn't know anything about theme parks or resorts and how to build them out, so years and billions of dollars get flushed down the toilet because no one can commit to anything.

TDA was absolutely right to reject a low capacity Marvel E ticket, but it never should have come to that in the first place. Why is WDI running around designing big E tickets that are low capacity? This is some systemic, toxic junk that no one is willing to acknowledge or fix and it would take someone on Chapek's level to do so.

Shocking info, and yet I believe you. And the recent history of what has, and hasn't, shown up in the parks supports all of it.

Animaniac93-98

it would take someone on Chapek's level to do so.

Not going to happen with someone who has zero experience in amusement parks or running any large scale tourist operation.

When you don't know understand field you work in, you waste too much time trying to guess how things work in reality and you never know what are the right questions to ask or when to do so.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

So well said. No vision, no plan, no passion. They just don't know what they're doing most of the time. I'm surprised that anything gets done.

Rodj

I just wish that since the ToT at DCA is no more, they should have released a graph or something that shown the other drop sequences that were programmed for it as well as the audio for each of them if the audio for them was created.

eddie104

Wow your so positive and optimistic.

SuddenStorm

Wow your so positive and optimistic.

Yeah, Pixar Pier really showed us how AMAZING current management is.

Positivity and optimism need to be earned. And in the last few years, Disney hasn't been earning it.

Frankly, it's disgusting how much the parks are being tweaked with right now, especially if the state of affairs is as bad as @GiveMeTheMusic is saying it is (and all visible signs are backing her up). A lot of damage has been done recently- and leaves me worried about what the next decade will hold.

eddie104

Yeah, Pixar Pier really showed us how AMAZING current management is.

Positivity and optimism need to be earned. And in the last few years, Disney hasn't been earning it.

Frankly, it's disgusting how much the parks are being tweaked with right now, especially if the state of affairs is as bad as @GiveMeTheMusic is saying it is (and all visible signs are backing her up). A lot of damage has been done recently- and leaves me worried about what the next decade will hold.
At the end of the day that is her OPINION and I respect it but I'm just giving my thoughts on her general gloom and doom attitude. Not saying Disney doesn't deserve to be criticized as we have to right to complain at the general direction of the parks. I generally play devils advocate on all my posts to provide an opposing viewpoint to something people are not usually open minded about.

mickEblu

At the end of the day that is her OPINION and I respect it but I'm just giving my thoughts on her general gloom and doom attitude. Not saying Disney doesn't deserve to be criticized as we have to right to complain at the general direction of the parks. I generally play devils advocate on all my posts to provide an opposing viewpoint to something people are not usually open minded about.

So how about instead you tell us why everything is so great? You haven’t actually said anything.

180º

@GiveMeTheMusic is one of our trusted insiders, so there is a certain level reason and weight behind her posts that we ought not to deride them as substanceless “doom and gloom.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom