Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

shambolicdefending

When this doesn’t do well, are people going to blame the Marvel fans? Like what they are doing for Star Wars Lans now with Star Wars fans?
Are there "Marvel fans" the way there are Star Wars fans?

I thought the whole original basis with SWGE was the idea that Star Wars has a fandom that is at a totally different level than anything else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When this doesn’t do well, are people going to blame the Marvel fans? Like what they are doing for Star Wars Fans now with Star Wars fans?

No one's blaming SW fans for SWL not being a mega-hit that counteracts the doldrums that both U.S. parks were in for the Summer and September (which had their own causes, unless you believe people stop going to a castle park because they didn't like the last SW movie).

Some fans who hate the current SW movies are saying that SWL is not the mega-hit that counteracts the Summer/September doldrums because mostly everyone hates the current movies (contrary to real life data) and SWL isn't based on the OT. If only Luke, Leia, and Han were walking around SWL, it would have lines backing up for days!!

There is no similar group within the Marvel fandom.

Phroobar

When this doesn’t do well, are people going to blame the Marvel fans? Like what they are doing for Star Wars Lans now with Star Wars fans?
tenor.gif

Mike S

No one's blaming SW fans for SWL not being a mega-hit that counteracts the doldrums that both U.S. parks were in for the Summer and September (which had their own causes, unless you believe people stop going to a castle park because they didn't like the last SW movie).

Some fans who hate the current SW movies are saying that SWL is not the mega-hit that counteracts the Summer/September doldrums because mostly everyone hates the current movies (contrary to real life data) and SWL isn't based on the OT. If only Luke, Leia, and Han were walking around SWL, it would have lines backing up for days!!

There is no similar group within the Marvel fandom.
Harry Potter fans showed up as expected for the new coaster. You’d think a whole Star Wars Land would get a huge response more than it actually did. I will wait for Rise to open but if it does and things don’t seem improved after the typical holiday rush dies down then I don’t know what to say.

socalifornian

Are there "Marvel fans" the way there are Star Wars fans?
All these movies are based on comic books so I always hear about something that was changed. Movie adaption critiques from different mediums also aren’t unique to Marvel, and not nearly as vocal whatsoever compared to the Star Wars fan base in Disney building off what George Lucas created

LOSTIE

Harry Potter fans showed up as expected for the new coaster. You’d think a whole Star Wars Land would get a huge response more than it actually did. I will wait for Rise to open but if it does and things don’t seem improved after the typical holiday rush dies down then I don’t know what to say.
It's quite simple, put in a half-baked product, expect half-baked results. Does not take rocket science, nepotism or an Ivy League education to make sense of what is happening.

D

Deleted member 107043

I wonder how many people have showed up since opening compared to DL's SWGE though. I could be wrong, but my impression is that the new HP coaster performed poorly during the initial rollout (frequent breakdowns) and suffers from relatively low capacity, which gives the appearance of massive crowds.

The Pho

I wonder how many people have showed up since opening compared to DL's SWGE though. I could be wrong, but my impression is that the new HP coaster performed poorly during the initial rollout (frequent breakdowns) and suffers from relatively low capacity, which gives the appearance of massive crowds.
It’s been getting more reliable, but it’s been a rough few months between breakdowns, weather, and bees.

Phroobar

I wonder if the Avengers campus will sell real comic books. For a set of characters and industry as popular as comic book heros are, you would think that your local comic book store would be doing gang busters business. In fact, the opposite is true. Our local one just went out of business. It's getting very hard to buy physical comic books anymore.

Last edited:

mickEblu

The ride system just seems like a simulator with VR headsets. Since it will entirely rely on the same kind of footage from the films, it doesn’t have much appeal to me as a non-Marvel Movie fan.

I was hoping for a coaster myself. I guess a thrilling coaster with a few AA’s, a couple show scenes, projections and the Avengers soundtrack just isn’t cool enough. They have to overthink everything

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom