Avengers Campus: Food, Entertainment, M&G, Environment Updates

DCBaker

Premium Member
New casting call out for Wong -

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 7.35.25 PM.png

No Name

People totally overlooked America Chavez when she was roaming after her first weekend or so of those particularly looking for her with most folks thinking she was just another guest. lol Granted, she's tiny, but her outfit was also guest-casual.

Though why they can afford to give Shang-Chi a new outfit and bring him back nowhere near his movie or Disney+ window and yet Ms. Marvel is ONLY OUT ON WEEKENDS while her show is actually on, I've no idea.*

*actually, I just assume they only cast one character friend who has a day job weekdays and could only work Saturdays & Sundays at the park lol
The one person they chose for Ms. Marvel looks nothing like the character so I assume they had trouble finding people.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I really hope (and i think probably will) this comes to AC here in CA soon. I could see this happening pretty soon and would def be a cool night time event imo

That's as likely as the dragon reappearing above New Fantasyland along with the X-Wing drones flying over Galaxy's Edge.

It's awesome the kind of publicity expenditures they make for media event land dedications, but then they're never seen again. They're one-offs.

That said, it was a terrific display and at this point, I really prefer drones and light projections to fireworks which are not great for the environment and really unnecessary with alternatives like this now available.

waltography

I really hope (and i think probably will) this comes to AC here in CA soon. I could see this happening pretty soon and would def be a cool night time event imo

I hope so too; DLP already proved Disney had the ability to do drone shows nightly with Disney D-Light before Illuminations. (And if Dollywood can have a gorgeously done drone show, why can't Disney?)

I'd love to see a drone show integrated stateside, either as a button to the fireworks like they do with D-Light in DLP or as a new effect in an existing show like Fantasmic. It's not unheard of for them to add new effects after the fact, like with the lighting package upgrade for WoC that brought the coaster into the show.

Consumer

Just in relation in the topic of Marvel, was Ms. Marvel a flop? Apparently it just ended and I have no idea what happened in it. For comparison I didn’t watch Moon Knight, but I at least heard some buzz around it. Also seems Thor is being hammered (no pun intended) by audience goers (I know somebody will bring up box office and RT score as if that matters so let me just say it doesn’t). I guess the bigger question is Marvel on the decline? Black Widow, Eternals, and Shang Chi were all quickly forgotten, and Multiverse of Madness and Thor 4: More Thor both seem to have been disappointments for the fans. I don’t know, just seems like Marvel is losing some steam. I’m sure Fantastic Four will pick it back up, but it’s interesting to see.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Also seems Thor is being hammered (no pun intended) by audience goers (I know somebody will bring up box office and RT score as if that matters so let me just say it doesn’t).
If your only source of what "the general public" thinks of these movies is social media, and you ignore indicators like Box Office and audience ratings, then yes it's all doom.

Doom. Doom. Doom.

Consumer

If your only source of what "the general public" thinks of these movies is social media, and you ignore indicators like Box Office and audience ratings, then yes it's all doom.

Doom. Doom. Doom.
I'm mostly just looking at the comments on Marvel fanpages. They've gone from being 24/7 praise to about split down the middle on the MCU. But even looking at box office and critic reviews, Thor's pretty mixed, and obviously Etenerals and Black Widow were both failures. What were the ratings for Ms. Marvel? because I heard somewhere they were low but I never bothered to verify that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom