Avengers: Age of Ultron

doctornick

Ant-Man is the next movie, and often the previous film sets up the next. Iron Man 2 set up Thor, Cap set up Avengers, and Thor 2 set up GOTG.

They'd pretty rarely set up the next MCU film: Only IM2 (for Thor) and CA:TFA (for The Avengers) did that. The other Phase 1 films mostly set up The Avengers or at least a larger universe (IM, TIH, Thor, in addition to CA:TFA, all pretty much hinted at The Avengers movie).

Thor:TDW hinted at GotG but it wasn't the next film (CA:TWS in between). TWS hinted to AoU (not the next film). GotG hinted at GotG 2 if anything. My point being that Marvel hasn't been shy at hinting towards future films, but not necessarily the immediately following one. So, the future reference might be Civil War or Black Panther or Thor or even the next Avengers movie, as opposed to Ant-Man. I don't think Ant-Man is going to be referenced in the post-credit scene though I feel like there will be some reference during the film (e.g. Pym building an early prototype of Ultron together with Howard Stark).

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
The mid credit tease is that this guy will be joining the team for Avengers 3.

Disney-Frozen-Marshmallow-Wallpaper.jpg
I'd choose him over Spider-Man! :p

Bparso87

Can't wait for this movie and heard it has more Hawkeye which is great bc his character was horrible in avengers. The mid credit will be something with thanos for sure

NMBC1993

After reading those comments from critics and seeing the word "fun" thrown around a lot, this leads me to believe I will dislike this film as much as the last one. *sign* maybe I'll just wait for blu-ray on this one. I really don't feel like spending $11+ to be disappointed again...

"AGE OF ULTRON: Liked, didn't love. A lot more bleak than the first. Excellent banter, great action, SO MUCH HAPPENING."......yep, I knew it.

NMBC1993

Lets see, so far in the majority of these clips we've seen nothing but banter and fighting/explosions. Yep, that sounds like the Joss Whedon writing style I remember from 2012. "Forget plot and building character development, we have to make sure every character gets their fair share of zingers in, while explosions are going off in the background".

Even freaking Ultron is bantering now....this is why I prefer the Winter Soldier as a villain. He was the silent/deadly type who didn't waste time cracking jokes and just went straight for assassinating. Plus he has a heart touching, conflicted back story aka character development.

Although I will give Marvel one bit of credit. They ARE putting out all these banter clips and trailers, which wipes away any thought in my mind that this film will be the dark and ominous one I saw in the original trailers. Thanks to this move, I don't feel like they created another "bait and switch" marketing campaign like they did in 2012.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom