KrzyKtty

A friend of a friend on FB posted that he bought one, and everyone was teasing him for spending $50 on a toy. But you're right, these will be the must-have "wand equivalent" of Pandora.

They remind me of a little puppet a friend of mine bought at a Renaissance Faire years ago. You could control its actions with little wires that you hid under your shirt and ran down your arm.
I plan on buying one for my family, but then again, I am buying a wand too. Big geek, and don't care who knows it. :)

Bairstow

You mean rides that used to have turnstiles "back in the day"? When introducing new technology, its always better to standardize to help with the learning curve. Having easily identified readers with standard markings at park entrance, FP+ lines, and registers helps with adoption.

As a comparison, try using a mobile device at checkout at a retail store. There are so many different types of readers, icons, and procedures that it can drive you crazy. On some machines you can't tell if it excepts mobile payment or where to place your device.

Having easily identified readers and instructing guests to "place Mickey to Mickey" is much better than theming readers which might be difficult to see and saying "place Mickey to the Sourin' icon [or ride specific logo]".

I think Frog had the right idea, but the "ACE" scanners are so neat looking that I'm glad they're giving them a shot. Having the scanners be as intuitive as possible was more important during the rollout than it is now. If guests have trouble identifying them, they can always go back to the more unified look.

KrzyKtty

I think Frog had the right idea, but the "ACE" scanners are so neat looking that I'm glad they're giving them a shot. Having the scanners be as intuitive as possible was more important during the rollout than it is now. If guests have trouble identifying them, they can always go back to the more unified look.
Well it helps IMO that the "ACE" scanners still have a "Mickey" like design to them. It isn't like the look is completely left field you know?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
giphy.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

Do we know how they are interactive?
Besides the fact that they'll sit on your shoulder, of course.

According to the Disneyparks blog...
Each interactive banshee includes three ranges of motion – mouth, head, and wings – that are controlled by hand. Guests will also hear them make authentic banshee sounds provided by Disney’s partners at Lightstorm Entertainment.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A friend of a friend on FB posted that he bought one, and everyone was teasing him for spending $50 on a toy. But you're right, these will be the must-have "wand equivalent" of Pandora.

They remind me of a little puppet a friend of mine bought at a Renaissance Faire years ago. You could control its actions with little wires that you hid under your shirt and ran down your arm.

I have one of those! Looks like the banshee is controlled the same way.

upload_2017-5-4_18-5-47.png

No Name

You mean rides that used to have turnstiles "back in the day"? When introducing new technology, its always better to standardize to help with the learning curve. Having easily identified readers with standard markings at park entrance, FP+ lines, and registers helps with adoption.

As a comparison, try using a mobile device at checkout at a retail store. There are so many different types of readers, icons, and procedures that it can drive you crazy. On some machines you can't tell if it excepts mobile payment or where to place your device.

Having easily identified readers and instructing guests to "place Mickey to Mickey" is much better than theming readers which might be difficult to see and saying "place Mickey to the Sourin' icon [or ride specific logo]".

Oh yes, I fully agree.

I just didn't want to go that route, because then people would miss my point, and instead, accuse me of hating on high-quality theming or something like that.
My main issue is, basically, that Pandora plays by a different set of rules than every other land. That Pandora doesn't have to use the standard markings.

So while I may not have sounded like I agree with what you said above, believe me, I do.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom