Casper Gutman

Apparently the seat for FoP does not "lift off" into the projection area however each seat moves and you can feel the movements. Many saying Soarin+Star Tours. Less intense than Forbidden Journey.

This is really interesting - it would help explain why we haven't seen the ride in motion. I was assuming there was some dramatic movement to begin the attraction - the seats moving up and forward dramatically - but it seems not.

startraveler

It may just be that it requires a transfer due to the design of the boats.
I looked at a video of unloading. Won't work for me if I have to step up out of the boat. I was imagining a boat like living with the land or small world where a wheelchair could load rather than like Frozen that is not even possible for a transfer. Luckily there looks to be a whole lot of other stuff to do. Might even be able to do the Flights of Passage once I get my eyes on the actually seat.

startraveler

Apparently the seat for FoP does not "lift off" into the projection area however each seat moves and you can feel the movements. Many saying Soarin+Star Tours. Less intense than Forbidden Journey.
So those like my Mom who are afraid of heights (real heights not virtual) might not be affected. The seat stays on a base and just moves, right? She'll be thrilled if that is how it works.

dreamscometrue

I emphasized the part below that I really like. I can do Star Tours repeatedly, just not The Simpson's Ride or Forbidden Journey. :)

"In Flight of Passage, guests are matched with an alien body. The aim is to create the illusion of becoming a Na'Vi, who can train and tame the banshees. After boarding a solitary, stationary-bike-like ride system, a back support will rise and push guests forward. Once the ride begins, a screen is revealed and, with the help of 3-D glasses, attendees will soar amid Pandora's flying mountains.

The first half of the 4 1/2-minute ride is rather thrilling, as the banshee careens down mountains, through waterfalls and nearly gets into a tussle with a Great Leonopteryx, a bigger, more orange-hued dragon. The second half slows down, as guests again visit some of Pandora's glowing forests.

The ride was longer than I expected, and also far smoother. As someone who doesn't fare too well on motion simulators -- I cannot ride Star Tours: The Adventure Continues without getting sick -- I experienced no such nausea on Flight of Passage. I attribute that to the variation in ride pace, but also the crispness of the effects."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ra-disney-s-massive-1493493491-htmlstory.html

Last edited:

wdwgreek

Some thoughts about the Boat Ride: It seems very relaxing, but did you see the size of that Queue, they built a lot of switch backs in there. I don't know how long I will be willing to wait after my first trip for the ride, even with the impressive AA, it seems to lack any story or narrative although it is incredibly beatifically. (maybe the peaceful no story concept allows its reridablity?) Also based on the videos can we get a better read on capacity?

Casper Gutman

Video of the pre-shows is out there, and it's going to get very old very fast after the first ride.

The line looks amazing, but they seem to have taken a lot of bad lessons from the Simpsons pre-board.

sculljoey

Some thoughts about the Boat Ride: It seems very relaxing, but did you see the size of that Queue, they built a lot of switch backs in there. I don't know how long I will be willing to wait after my first trip for the ride, even with the impressive AA, it seems to lack any story or narrative although it is incredibly beatifically. (maybe the peaceful no story concept allows its reridablity?) Also based on the videos can we get a better read on capacity?

Switchbacks are terrible. I'm sure Universal has some fans they can lend them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom