Mickey_777

I would like to see:

A world-class, immersive blow our minds dark attraction involving the AMP suits, helicopter, and the Pandora creatures. We should be "riding" in/on one of these three and it should be spectacular. It needs to be up there with the best if not be the best attraction in the world.

A 4D short film. Much of the hype around the film had to do with it's revolutionary 3D technology so it'd be great to see this incorporated here.

I'd love to see the entire land (wouldn't it just be called Pandora at Animal Kingdom?) be so wonderfully themed and filled with detail that you'd stumble upon these attractions as you walk around soaking it all in. The movie seems to have great music and to me thats very important in setting the environment. Restaurants and gifts shops, M&G, would all be incorporated into the scenery. If this is done indoor, it'll have to be huge. Having the park open until late will be great and definitely create new park hopping tendencies. Who ever imagined starting at MK to end their day at AK?

A night time show would be a major plus also and it's almost necessary if their gonna keep AK open late. I'm not sure anything World of Color-esque would work though. What do spectacular water projecting and dancing fountains have to do with nature?

RunnerEd

I watched the introduction to Pandora video posted on the WDW Magic info page which has led to a big question. IF this is to be an outdoor land, how are they going to simulate the sky of Pandora, which is a moon of a large, gas giant type of planet? The sky of earth does not really lend itself to that as it doesn't to a Tatooine environment with its 2 suns. If this is to be truly immersive, I don't see how it could be done without some type of dome/building. I'm thinking something like the movie "The Truman Show" only smaller.

gmajew

Premium Member
They could do the sky with something like in Vegas on freemont street I believe with something way cooler. That way you still have the outdoor feel but the changing sky line.

Tim_4

Side note... The site of Rafiki's planet watch isn't just a guest area. It's a functional animal hospital and quarantine area that is essential to the zoological operations of the park.

Something to consider.

KingdomofDreams

Some people keep mentioning Star Tours and Soarin'. Both would be incredibly disappointing as they are nowhere near currently available technology, certainly not cutting edge. Star Tours is small scale, and sorry, but the re-do was a huge disappointment compared to what they could have done. Soarin' is a pleasant little experience at best.

Universal has surpassed Disney, not only with Spiderman (10 yrs ago), but Forbidden Journey, King Kong 360 3-D and the upcoming Transformers ride. I'm thinking BIG and complete sensory overload.

THECARISMINE

What about Na'vi Life Day? Haven't you seen The Avatar Christmas Special?

They'll find someway to get holiday decorations in there. When Disney does Christmas, they find a way to get it in everywhere.

That would be a Star Wars Holiday :rolleyes: My inner geek is appalled lol
Technically speaking the holiday was only once every three years anyway prior to its out sourcing to other planets cause of the war :lol:

AmongMadPeople

Some people keep mentioning Star Tours and Soarin'. Both would be incredibly disappointing as they are nowhere near currently available technology, certainly not cutting edge. Star Tours is small scale, and sorry, but the re-do was a huge disappointment compared to what they could have done. Soarin' is a pleasant little experience at best.

Universal has surpassed Disney, not only with Spiderman (10 yrs ago), but Forbidden Journey, King Kong 360 3-D and the upcoming Transformers ride. I'm thinking BIG and complete sensory overload.

I agree with this sentiment. I expect something better than Soarin' or Star Tours re-branded and plused. I want something new and awesome, but I don't know enough about modern theme park technology or am creative enough to guess what that may be ;)

However, I hope it isn't so thrilling that it alienates riders like me, prone to motion sickness, or have a height restriction any more than 44 inches.

Scuttle

I can see a state of the art exciting family ride with thrills using a revolutionary ride system. And probably a C or D too.

Gotta keep up with the neighbours ;-)

Exactly I predict that the headline attraction will be something totally different and new. It will be some kind of a ride system that doesn't exist yet.

JustInTime

What if the main attraction is set up like Soarin/Forbidden Journey but has elements of the Hitchhiking Ghost finale in Haunted mansion? You could be facing the screens but over your body is your Avatar just like in the movie (like when you head turns into a balloon in HM). And just like the movie you can control it. And that is a MAJOR plot of the film. You get to interact with the attraction. I think that could be a revolutionary 4D flying adventure. Imagine the potopass options...

RSoxNo1

What about the area next to Tamu Tamu? As of right now there's only a small trail that leads to character meet n greet. I wonder if that area would work?

There's room there if you remove the train (which sounds like it's happening). It could just get really congested during parade time and/or if that's the entrance to any future expansion that would go back in the area north of Asia.

I actually think that if the train is removed that the location of the train station could be the best spot for Festival of the Lion King but that would only be necessary after two expansions (One in the area North of Asia, the other on Camp Minnie Mickey/Beastly Kingdom).

Lee in all this. Surprised he didnt know this was coming........ Does he have any inside scoop on what will be built?

Side note... The site of Rafiki's planet watch isn't just a guest area. It's a functional animal hospital and quarantine area that is essential to the zoological operations of the park.

Something to consider.

I would expect the building to still stand and they'd just eliminate the petting zoo aspect of it (or even move that to Camp Minnie Mickey if that stays). They could then leave this area open for tours. It's already part of Backstage Safari, and they could create a Behind the Seeds type tour as well.

jt04

There's room there if you remove the train (which sounds like it's happening). It could just get really congested during parade time and/or if that's the entrance to any future expansion that would go back in the area north of Asia.

I actually think that if the train is removed that the location of the train station could be the best spot for Festival of the Lion King but that would only be necessary after two expansions (One in the area North of Asia, the other on Camp Minnie Mickey/Beastly Kingdom).

I would expect the building to still stand and they'd just eliminate the petting zoo aspect of it (or even move that to Camp Minnie Mickey if that stays). They could then leave this area open for tours. It's already part of Backstage Safari, and they could create a Behind the Seeds type tour as well.

I expect the planet watch building will be closed to regular guests and a larger facility to be built somewhere else. Just a guess. Also, as you say, it would likely only be accessed through a 'behind the scenes' tour. I especially expect this if the train is removed. I'm glad to see the train go as it is probably a huge operating expense and does not add greatly to the DAK experience. That land could be better utilized by either AV-Land or a new continent. I wouldn't be suprised if the train ended up in China if they are getting a train ride. Possibly Adventurland. If they are getting Adventureland.

All guess work right now. :shrug:

misterID

I really hope they leave the Camp Minnie Mickey plot alone, in case we ever get that Mysterious Island hybrid.

I wonder if they'll have Na'vi characters walking around, with CM's on stilts?

_Scar

I really hope they leave the Camp Minnie Mickey plot alone, in case we ever get that Mysterious Island hybrid.

I wonder if they'll have Na'vi characters walking around, with CM's on stilts?

This expansion means the last 2 E-tickets will be based around the mythical aspect. I wouldn't bet on having yet another mythical project before one based on dolphins/penguins/whatever.

I'm sure they'll make it apparent that humans are now welcome in Pandora, which means human CM's (and regular park-goers).

I hope they use the Camp Minnie-Mickey plot. It is far away enough from the rest of the park that we won't have to worry about seeing Mount Everest or the Tree of Life towering over Pandora. If they go with the plot just north of Asia, Everest will literally be watching over Pandora and that will not be good.

_Scar

I hope they use the Camp Minnie-Mickey plot. It is far away enough from the rest of the park that we won't have to worry about seeing Mount Everest or the Tree of Life towering over Pandora. If they go with the plot just north of Asia, Everest will literally be watching over Pandora and that will not be good.

I don't think it will. Even though Everest is huge, you can't see Everest from all of Asia.

socalkdg

Three rides for Avatar/Pandora

First ride "E" ticket:

I'm thinking of a modified Star Tours ride system.

You go into a space port on earth, board space shuttle, take off, 10 second hypersleep/hyperspeed, then get to the planet, interact in the air with multiple destinations on the planet, have something go wrong (3 or 4 possibilities), finally land. When you step out of the ride, you are now on Pandora, leaving behind DAK.

2nd ride "D" ticket:

Inside Pandora I'd like a boat ride similar to Living with the Land, but through the jungles of Pandora, plants, trees, along with animatronic animals, ending with the Tree of Life. Add a bit of danger, but keep it low key.

3rd ride "C" ticket:

Spinner of some type that actually covers some ground, gives some interaction with Pandora.

Scuttle

Plus the back side of Everest would be exposed and if anyone has ever seen it then they would know that would create a problem. The most logical spot would be CMM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom