AVATAR land construction progress

Next Big Thing

Disney also confirmed Rivers of Light would open on April 22nd, and we all know how that went.
Avatar does seem pretty far along though. No clue what the rides look like, but rockwork painting is finishing up, meaning the tower cranes shouldn't be around for too much longer. Once the cranes are gone, they can start putting in the bio-luminescent sidewalks/plants. Ground level theming seems to be fairly close to beginning from pics i've seen.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Avatar does seem pretty far along though. No clue what the rides look like, but rockwork painting is finishing up, meaning the tower cranes shouldn't be around for too much longer. Once the cranes are gone, they can start putting in the bio-luminescent sidewalks/plants. Ground level theming seems to be fairly close to beginning from pics i've seen.

The painting is finishing up on the part we can see, but if you look at previous aerials you can see that the back portions of the land were not as far along as the front portion.

Next Big Thing

The painting is finishing up on the part we can see, but if you look at previous aerials you can see that the back portions of the land were not as far along as the front portion.
I agree there's still a lot to do. When I say finishing up, i'm thinking by August/September it'll be done (rock work). The big thing I think could end up delaying this project (if anything) is, like RoL, tech stuff - this time involving the bio-luminescent stuff as that seems like it will be a major player throughout the land.

Last edited:

doctornick

Just from looking at Disney's track record with opening dates for new attractions, I would put my money on June 2017.

I'd guess that they want the land to open for Earth Day 2017 (April 22), maybe some softs before then which would blend in with the Easter/Spring Break crowds. If it is not ready for then, I'm sure that Memorial Day weekend would be the next big target.

BEARSHOUSE4

Two. Two cranes... ah ah ah!

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.png

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 174

djkidkaz

I never thought I'd be interested to see that same shot of that same rock over that same wall that we've photographed for months. But it's been about a month, anyone have pics of our favorite floating mountain?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom