AVATAR land construction progress

mommyj

Hi everyone! This is my first post, after lurking for a while. My parents were at Animal Kingdom yesterday (12/4), and I asked my dad to get some pictures of the Avatar construction. I wanted to share some of them with you all.
IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG
IMG_4481.JPG
IMG_4482.JPG
IMG_4483.JPG
IMG_4484.JPG
IMG957897.jpg
IMG959312.jpg

PorterRedkey

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wow great pics! I was planning on trying to get some when I am down this coming week, but it looks like you beat me to it. Great to see it is progressing well.

See if you can get any pictures of the tower cranes at work. I would be curious to know exactly how they are being utilized.

flyerjab

Hi everyone! This is my first post, after lurking for a while. My parents were at Animal Kingdom yesterday (12/4), and I asked my dad to get some pictures of the Avatar construction. I wanted to share some of them with you all.View attachment 122062
View attachment 122063View attachment 122064View attachment 122066View attachment 122068View attachment 122069View attachment 122070View attachment 122071

Those photos are incredible! How did your dad get those angles? Did he sneak past the perimeter? I don't see how he did that without going backstage. Believe me, I am in no way complaining. I have taken many photos back in the Rainforest Cafe area but was never able to get any that looked that great. Tell your dad to keep taking more photos! And welcome!

Vinmann

See if you can get any pictures of the tower cranes at work. I would be curious to know exactly how they are being utilized.
I would assume that the cranes are being used to install whatever huge equipment that will be sitting on top of all the mounts on the roof of the show building.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would assume that the cranes are being used to install whatever huge equipment that will be sitting on top of all the mounts on the roof of the show building.

That could probably be done with a normal crane from backstage, and they probably wouldn't need two tower cranes just to do that.

Tom

Beta Return

Since they're already there, they'll likely set the rooftop air handlers with them, but that's not why two tower cranes are on site. Two tower cranes is a major expense, for a major endeavor. They'll be lifting pieces of mountains and other scenery, flying pump equipment to closer proximitiy to the mountains, and other major lifts.

DisneyDrum

Since they're already there, they'll likely set the rooftop air handlers with them, but that's not why two tower cranes are on site. Two tower cranes is a major expense, for a major endeavor. They'll be lifting pieces of mountains and other scenery, flying pump equipment to closer proximitiy to the mountains, and other major lifts.

Is it possible that the tower cranes are a new addition in response to the rumored crane collapse from a while back?

Tom

Beta Return
Is it possible that the tower cranes are a new addition in response to the rumored crane collapse from a while back?

I hadn't heard about the crane collapse, but I would say "no". If I recall, the foundations for these cranes have been installed for some time, causing many of us to wonder what they were. Tower cranes aren't usually "Plan B" - they're "Plan A".

Atomicmickey

A full day at AK should include at least several hours watching Avatarland construction, but that maybe that just me. ;)

You know, I had the good fortune to visit DCA when they were working on Carsland. From a balcony outside
of the Blue Sky Cellar, you could see the construction, and I sat there for a long while just gawking at it.

I'd say an interim construction observation platform would be a great attraction.

One might suppose that Disney wouldn't want inadvertent video in case someone backs a piece of
equipment into a floating mountain or something like that, but I would grab a snack and sit and watch
the ants at work any day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom