AVATAR land construction progress

RSoxNo1

We should hand a camera to the Jungle Cruise Hippos. I hear they can jump 30,000 feet out of the water to take down a plane, so why not get some aerial pics while up there? :hilarious:
How come no one makes the "anti air craft hippos" joke anymore?

Also, had a horrible ride on Jungle Cruise today. The Skipper was decent, really jamming it up, but nothing really off script. He wasn't the issue. The issue was 4 different families talking in English and Spanish throughout the ride. They supplemented this behavior with the occasional selfies on the ride as well. I hope they all have horrible vacations.

Tom

Beta Return
How come no one makes the "anti air craft hippos" joke anymore?

Also, had a horrible ride on Jungle Cruise today. The Skipper was decent, really jamming it up, but nothing really off script. He wasn't the issue. The issue was 4 different families talking in English and Spanish throughout the ride. They supplemented this behavior with the occasional selfies on the ride as well. I hope they all have horrible vacations.

I hope they get drunk and drive golf carts into Bay Lake.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, May 21. The steel structure at the right side of the building (in this view) is getting taller, and is now taller than the large simulator building.

IMG_5449.JPG

Last edited:

P_Radden

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Are we safe to assume this steel structure may be the "vines" that hang off the floating island? Here is @WDWtraveler's picture:
View attachment 93849
Could those steel structures be the beginings of what I've marked in red below?
View attachment 93850

I wish I had a front on shot of the current show bldg to compare with the perspective of this concept rendering...

BTW Here are some close up shots from the same angle as the picture taken above

Yes, that would make sense.

That site also has some good closeup picks of the banshee ride building where you can see some work going on inside.

jt04

Judging by the pictures perhaps some were right that there were issues during the development phase cause that looks messed up.

sarcasm off :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom