AVATAR land construction progress

Bartattack

Took a picture of the construction from the bus last wednesday...

Attachments

• P1000561.JPG
    P1000561.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 191

Nemo14

On the Spirited thread,

I' m trying to remember what was all said but WDW1974 reported that there was an odd rumor about a third attraction in AvatarLand. He didn't feel that comfortable reported it but put in the blue sky rumor. I'll try to find exactly what was said and post it. Does anyone else see this??

I believe this is the quote you mean:
The odd rumor was that Disney was working on a THIRD attraction for the land. I've been sitting on it (like a fanboi with a favorite Imagineer) for months because no one can confirm. And Disney ADDING attractions to a project is almost unheard of. But I don't like being a tease, so place this strictly in the rumor basket for now. And sorry that I couldn't place out sooner (much like the Marvel Superhero Island redos coming up, I was protecting a source and didn't feel anyone just had to know!!)

cookiee_munster

On the Spirited thread,

I' m trying to remember what was all said but WDW1974 reported that there was an odd rumor about a third attraction in AvatarLand. He didn't feel that comfortable reported it but put in the blue sky rumor. I'll try to find exactly what was said and post it. Does anyone else see this??

does he go into specifics about what the rumoured third attraction could be?

doctornick

Do you think the bike coaster will ever show up anywhere?

In Pandora? Likely not and, if it ever did, it would be some Phase 2 expansion in the distant future.

But a Tron version of the bike coaster is being built in Shanghai. I could easily see it cloned to another resort like WDW, either as Tron or with a different theme -- there was talk of that style ride being build in a Star Wars area themed as an Endor speeder bike ride.

Rteetz

Can someone explain this? Is this an actual Disney blueprint or is this an artist rendition of someone outside of Disney based on the current evidence (i.e. the aerial photos and leaked blueprints)?
If you read the flickr page it says the guy is an architect and this is his own work of Disney blueprints. It looks like he took what he thought would be with what is known.

jt04

I believe this is the quote you mean:

It was diclosed by jc that there would be multiple attractions long ago. Now what constitutes an attraction can be subjective but I expect one from each letter in the traditional sense. A through E.

IMO.

The floating islands should be an attration all to themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom