AVATAR land construction progress

Disneyhead'71

Well, look at F&F at Universal. And Fallon. I wouldn't say they're rushing anything at this point. Both of those couldn't be open? Wasn't F&F delayed? So ... let's not turn it into another debate.
Fallon was delayed for over a year before they even got started. They have had the TM costumes for almost 2 years now. And F&F hit a delay when UC had trouble with the wireless communication with the RVs on Kong. F&F will be using the same ride system and UC wanted to not repeat the same issues with F&F. Construction started back up after they resolved the issues with Kong.

lazyboy97o

I think this is a reference to the fact we have gone from "Spring 2017" to "Summer 2017".
Disney never announced Spring 2017 so we never really wen from spring to summer. People here assumed they were aiming for spring because of earth day and the parks anniversary.
I'm not talking about what Disney said or an assumption. The construction crews were supposed to be gone by now.

Daannzzz

A 3:56 minute boatride seem to be inviting criticism to me. I suppose if it is spectacular inside it will make up the the difference from the ride time or if the queue does have a couple of show scenes that could help but I am not a fan of having the AA's and special effects in the queue. The Indiana Jones queue at Disneyland is great as it is atmospheric and sets the scene but doesn't over do it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A 3:56 minute boatride seem to be inviting criticism to me. I suppose if it is spectacular inside it will make up the the difference from the ride time or if the queue does have a couple of show scenes that could help but I am not a fan of having the AA's and special effects in the queue. The Indiana Jones queue at Disneyland is great as it is atmospheric and sets the scene but doesn't over do it.
Let's be honest...announcing they planned to build an Avatar thememed land at AK opened the door for criticism many years ago. If the boat ride was 18 minutes long and featured 150 AAs we'd still hear plenty of gripes.

Marlins1

Fallon was delayed for over a year before they even got started. They have had the TM costumes for almost 2 years now. And F&F hit a delay when UC had trouble with the wireless communication with the RVs on Kong. F&F will be using the same ride system and UC wanted to not repeat the same issues with F&F. Construction started back up after they resolved the issues with Kong.
Wow - this now sounds like a post about WDW ;)

doctornick

The boat cycle time is 3.56.

On the topic of ride time, I think a 4 minute ride can be great, but I'm just befuddled why they wouldn't have aimed for longer for this ride. Going for something like 6-7 minutes couldn't have been all that much more expensive (especially if that extra ride time was more along the lines of "filler" of more scenes) and there is certainly the land available. I just think that the park would have benefited a lot from the extra ride time given the roster of attractions that exist (and since the land was only going to have 2 rides).

That said, I am optimistic that the queue will be great and add to the impact of the ride and with Cameron being involved I do think that whatever scenes we do get during the ride that they will be top notch. I suppose I'd rather have a 4 minute ride packed with quality than a lackluster 6-7 minute ride.

doctornick

FoP will have a more prominent, Soarin' style preshow, last I heard hosted by hair-dyed Jon Landau. Na'vi River Journey will lack a traditional preshow per se, but there is plenty that you could count as material for one, but a "you are in a room with doors closed on both sides, so watch this specific scene" will not be present.

I'm sure we'll have FP+ for FoP -- is it safe to assume it will be there for NRJ as well? One of the main issues I have with FP+ is that you end up often missing out on quality queues that help build up anticipation for rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom